News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,055 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #2850 on: December 07, 2016, 10:42:07 PM »
Aroldis Chapman.

5 years, $86 million from the Yankees.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2851 on: December 07, 2016, 11:16:26 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 07, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Aroldis Chapman.

Fuck him forever.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2852 on: December 08, 2016, 08:46:52 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 07, 2016, 11:16:26 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 07, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Aroldis Chapman.

Fuck him forever.

Thanks for the 2 2/3 IP in Game 5, though.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2853 on: December 08, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Armando Rivero. What we lost, and what we never had.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2854 on: December 08, 2016, 09:10:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 08, 2016, 09:02:00 AM

My condolences to Pen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2855 on: December 08, 2016, 09:33:55 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 08, 2016, 09:10:37 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 08, 2016, 09:02:00 AM

My condolences to Pen.

Legitimately upset about this.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2856 on: December 08, 2016, 11:34:38 PM »
Dexter Fowler.

To the Cardinals, physical and press conference tomorrow.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2857 on: December 09, 2016, 07:29:34 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 08, 2016, 11:34:38 PM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

I hope he has a great season on a team that otherwise tanks.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2858 on: December 09, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 09, 2016, 07:29:34 AM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

5 years, $82.5MM. That's a nice chunk of change.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2859 on: December 09, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

No, I want him to have a shitty April through July, striking out or grounding into awful DPs every time he bats, dropping fly balls, airmailing the cutoff man, calling Mike Matheny an ignorant gerbil, then apologizing to all ignorant gerbils, then insulting the Kansas City, Colorado, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Texas, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Yankees, Mets, Boston, Toronto, Dodgers, Angels, Arizona, San Diego, Giants, A's, and Mariners organizations and fan bases so that come July 31, the Cardinals (by then 35 games out of first) have no choice but to trade Dexter to the first place Cubs for Tim Federowicz and agree to take on all of Dexter's salary. And then Dexter can resume being the great player and guy he was.

If that's too much to ask from Dexter, I hope he's great with the Cardinals on an otherwise lousy team.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2860 on: December 09, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 09, 2016, 11:27:29 AM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

No, I want him to have a shitty April through July, striking out or grounding into awful DPs every time he bats, dropping fly balls, airmailing the cutoff man, calling Mike Matheny an ignorant gerbil, then apologizing to all ignorant gerbils, then insulting the Kansas City, Colorado, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Texas, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Yankees, Mets, Boston, Toronto, Dodgers, Angels, Arizona, San Diego, Giants, A's, and Mariners organizations and fan bases so that come July 31, the Cardinals (by then 35 games out of first) have no choice but to trade Dexter to the first place Cubs for Tim Federowicz and agree to take on all of Dexter's salary. And then Dexter can resume being the great player and guy he was.

If that's too much to ask from Dexter, I hope he's great with the Cardinals on an otherwise lousy team.

The long con...

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2861 on: December 09, 2016, 12:55:48 PM »
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

You left ut the Cubs presenting him with his ring in a ceremony before the first game of the year, which happens to be in St. Louis.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2862 on: December 09, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 09, 2016, 12:55:48 PM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

You left ut the Cubs presenting him with his ring in a ceremony before the first game of the year, which happens to be in St. Louis.

The whole ut? You're making this too easy, dude. It's not as fun to be pedantic.

Anyway. I'm enjoying the mental image of the Cubs bringing their own sound system and setting up on the field without permission to present Dex with his ring, then projecting a Dex in the World Series highlight video onto a nearby low-hanging cloud.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2863 on: December 09, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

It would be cool, but won't they wait until after the rest of the team gets theirs, presumably at the home opener?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2864 on: December 10, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on December 09, 2016, 07:31:44 PM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

It would be cool, but won't they wait until after the rest of the team gets theirs, presumably at the home opener?

I would actually expect the rings to be given out at a dinner or something. Based on what the Blackhawks do, every employee gets one. I've got pictures of my wife wearing each of our ticket rep's rings.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16