News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,068 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #2865 on: December 15, 2016, 08:16:16 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 10, 2016, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: Shooter on December 09, 2016, 07:31:44 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 09, 2016, 12:55:48 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 09, 2016, 11:27:29 AM
Quote from: Bort on December 09, 2016, 07:29:34 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 08, 2016, 11:34:38 PM
Dexter Fowler.

To the Cardinals, physical and press conference tomorrow.

#trader

I hope he has a great season on a team that otherwise tanks.

No, I want him to have a shitty April through July, striking out or grounding into awful DPs every time he bats, dropping fly balls, airmailing the cutoff man, calling Mike Matheny an ignorant gerbil, then apologizing to all ignorant gerbils, then insulting the Kansas City, Colorado, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Texas, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Yankees, Mets, Boston, Toronto, Dodgers, Angels, Arizona, San Diego, Giants, A's, and Mariners organizations and fan bases so that come July 31, the Cardinals (by then 35 games out of first) have no choice but to trade Dexter to the first place Cubs for Tim Federowicz and agree to take on all of Dexter's salary. And then Dexter can resume being the great player and guy he was.

If that's too much to ask from Dexter, I hope he's great with the Cardinals on an otherwise lousy team.

You left ut the Cubs presenting him with his ring in a ceremony before the first game of the year, which happens to be in St. Louis.

It would be cool, but won't they wait until after the rest of the team gets theirs, presumably at the home opener?

I would actually expect the rings to be given out at a dinner or something. Based on what the Blackhawks do, every employee gets one. I've got pictures of my wife wearing each of our ticket rep's rings.

We all have pictures of your wife.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2866 on: December 15, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 15, 2016, 08:16:16 AM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

No, I want him to have a shitty April through July, striking out or grounding into awful DPs every time he bats, dropping fly balls, airmailing the cutoff man, calling Mike Matheny an ignorant gerbil, then apologizing to all ignorant gerbils, then insulting the Kansas City, Colorado, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Texas, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Yankees, Mets, Boston, Toronto, Dodgers, Angels, Arizona, San Diego, Giants, A's, and Mariners organizations and fan bases so that come July 31, the Cardinals (by then 35 games out of first) have no choice but to trade Dexter to the first place Cubs for Tim Federowicz and agree to take on all of Dexter's salary. And then Dexter can resume being the great player and guy he was.

If that's too much to ask from Dexter, I hope he's great with the Cardinals on an otherwise lousy team.

You left ut the Cubs presenting him with his ring in a ceremony before the first game of the year, which happens to be in St. Louis.

It would be cool, but won't they wait until after the rest of the team gets theirs, presumably at the home opener?

I would actually expect the rings to be given out at a dinner or something. Based on what the Blackhawks do, every employee gets one. I've got pictures of my wife wearing each of our ticket rep's rings.

I have pictures of Pen's Mum.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2867 on: December 15, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 15, 2016, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 15, 2016, 08:16:16 AM
Dexter Fowler.

#trader

I have pictures of Pen's Mum.

I have nudes of Bort's dead whore grandmother (while she was alive, that is.  Very alive.)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2868 on: January 09, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »
Manny Ramirez, off to play baseball in Japan.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2869 on: February 03, 2017, 08:57:15 AM »
Chris Coghlan ain't never coming back.*

*until half way through next season when the Cubs inexplicably trade for him again.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2870 on: February 03, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2017, 08:57:15 AM
Chris Coghlan ain't never coming back.*

*until half way through next season when the Cubs inexplicably trade for him again.

Only a matter of time until it's the Pat and Cogs Show on the radio. (Followed by the BC and Cogs Show, natch.)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2871 on: February 05, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 06, 2016, 04:17:12 PM
Jason Hammel.

Everyone's favorite first-half Cy Young/second-half garbage fire reportedly has a two-year deal with the Royals for $16 (!) million. He and Jorge can cry together if they miss the playoffs.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2872 on: February 06, 2017, 07:47:01 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 05, 2017, 11:14:42 PM
Jason Hammel.

Everyone's favorite first-half Cy Young/second-half garbage fire reportedly has a two-year deal with the Royals for $16 (!) million. He and Jorge can cry together if they miss the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to rooting for the Royals this year, as the level of satisfaction l'd derive from 2 World Series Champion Cubs giving the White Sox fits would be very pleasing to me.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2873 on: February 06, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »
Jason Hammel.

I'm not sure what the (!) after 16 million is for. That's less money per year than the Cubs gave him, it's a pretty bargain contract. Unless that was what you were commenting on because you expected him to get more. It's not a bad deal for the Royals.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2874 on: February 06, 2017, 08:38:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2017, 08:21:10 AM
Jason Hammel.

I'm not sure what the (!) after 16 million is for. That's less money per year than the Cubs gave him, it's a pretty bargain contract. Unless that was what you were commenting on because you expected him to get more. It's not a bad deal for the Royals.

Yup... And maybe it's the post-WS glow, but I'm perfectly fine wishing people like him all the best. The only WS Cub I won't wish well to is Aroldis. Fuck him

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2875 on: February 06, 2017, 09:50:57 AM »
Jason Hammel.

Geez, who died and made him a Royal?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2876 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »
Jason Hammel.

Not sure why you're not sure what it's for when you just explained what it's for

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2877 on: February 06, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 06, 2017, 08:38:28 AM
Jason Hammel.

Yup... And maybe it's the post-WS glow, but I'm perfectly fine wishing people like him all the best. The only WS Cub I won't wish well to is Aroldis. Fuck him

Yeah Hammel barely registered on my list of hate worthy Cubs outside of days where he was getting shelled. On the whole he was a slightly better Jason Marquis, a perfectly acceptable back-end starter who only stood out on days when he sucked because he was on a team where everyone around him was far better than he was. His prickly response to being yanked early from starts is pretty standard for a world class athlete who naturally has to have more self-confidence than most in order to do his job well. I wish him well unless he somehow ends up being flipped to St. Louis at the deadline.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2878 on: February 06, 2017, 11:35:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2017, 11:26:13 AM
Jason Hammel.

Yeah Hammel barely registered on my list of hate worthy Cubs outside of days where he was getting shelled. On the whole he was a slightly better Jason Marquis, a perfectly acceptable back-end starter who only stood out on days when he sucked because he was on a team where everyone around him was far better than he was. His prickly response to being yanked early from starts is pretty standard for a world class athlete who naturally has to have more self-confidence than most in order to do his job well. I wish him well unless he somehow ends up being flipped to St. Louis at the deadline.

St. Louis with second-half Hammel is something I'd support.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2879 on: February 06, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2017, 11:26:13 AM
Jason Hammel.

Slightly better Jason Marquis ... ouch.