News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Whom do I blame most?  ( 1,348 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Whom do I blame most?
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »
From today's Sullivan gamer:

QuoteBaker and Piniella can bond with the knowledge that each took the Cubs to a high level, but were subjected to much criticism in their third and fourth years on the job.

"Lou was the first guy, when I was with the Giants, that asked me when was I going to get the opportunity to manage, because he thought I should get (a job)," Baker said. "And then Steve Stone was the second guy. But Lou was first."

So Lou Piniella is responsible for the last 8 seasons of this bullshit? Or is Steve Stone? Wasn't Piniella the GM in 1986 when Gene Michael was given permission to leave the Yankees for the Cubs? So we can blame him for that too, right?

I know Whitey Herzog advocated for Bruce Kimm, but did Lou also advocate for Don Baylor? Is there any evidence he pushed Andy MacPhail to become a baseball executive? Did he tell Larry Himes when working out the Richard Dotson for Dan Pasqua trade, that he should try a stint with the Cubs before he dies? Did he plant the seed in Jim Frey's head that becoming a GM was the way to go?

I am holding Lou Piniella responsible for the last 25 years of this bullshit. Thanks for nothing, Lou!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Whom do I blame most?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 01, 2010, 06:07:23 PM
From today's Sullivan gamer:

QuoteBaker and Piniella can bond with the knowledge that each took the Cubs to a high level, but were subjected to much criticism in their third and fourth years on the job.

"Lou was the first guy, when I was with the Giants, that asked me when was I going to get the opportunity to manage, because he thought I should get (a job)," Baker said. "And then Steve Stone was the second guy. But Lou was first."

So Lou Piniella is responsible for the last 8 seasons of this bullshit? Or is Steve Stone? Wasn't Piniella the GM in 1986 when Gene Michael was given permission to leave the Yankees for the Cubs? So we can blame him for that too, right?

I know Whitey Herzog advocated for Bruce Kimm, but did Lou also advocate for Don Baylor? Is there any evidence he pushed Andy MacPhail to become a baseball executive? Did he tell Larry Himes when working out the Richard Dotson for Dan Pasqua trade, that he should try a stint with the Cubs before he dies? Did he plant the seed in Jim Frey's head that becoming a GM was the way to go?

I am holding Lou Piniella responsible for the last 25 years of this bullshit. Thanks for nothing, Lou!

It was all Essian.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen