News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Life On Mars  ( 47,378 )

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Life On Mars
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »
Just watched the latest, really enjoyed it as always.

His mom was/is hot. So was that lady from the club who drugged and rode him.

Really enjoyed the whole club aspect of this one.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 04:21:43 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on August 16, 2006, 08:52:31 PM
Just watched the latest, really enjoyed it as always.

His mom was/is hot. So was that lady from the club who drugged and rode him.

Really enjoyed the whole club aspect of this one.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting boobs in that one.  Sweet.  My favorite line was Gov's response to Sam's inquiry as to how the animal inside his stomach felt.  Gov said, "I do believe he's sleeping," or something like that.  This show freaking rules.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 09:56:18 AM »
The best line of the year was uttered on Monday (and will not be topped.)

When the Gov told the Sargent to go arrest the pub owner so he and Sam could pose as the fill-in bartenders, Sarge asks what he's supposed to arrest him for.  Gov tells him, "Think of something on the way."

Later they're sitting around and Gov announces to the coppers that the pub owner is in custody.  He asks Sarge, "What was it that we finally charged him with?"

Sarge says, "Suspicion of cattle rustling!" to much laughter.  Tremendous.  What a great show.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »
Quote from: Andy on August 23, 2006, 09:56:18 AM
The best line of the year was uttered on Monday (and will not be topped.)

When the Gov told the Sargent to go arrest the pub owner so he and Sam could pose as the fill-in bartenders, Sarge asks what he's supposed to arrest him for.  Gov tells him, "Think of something on the way."

Later they're sitting around and Gov announces to the coppers that the pub owner is in custody.  He asks Sarge, "What was it that we finally charged him with?"

Sarge says, "Suspicion of cattle rustling!" to much laughter.  Tremendous.  What a great show.

I love it. Just got to watching this ep..

Fuh-King Awesome.

I almost want to say this show would be great without the coma aspect...but throw that mystery in and it's even better.

Gene is one of the coolest characters on tv. I love that crooked bastard.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 03:48:07 PM »
Just watched it, the cattle rustling line and applause were hilarious.

This is a really, really, really, really good TV show.

Yah mo B there!

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »
Quote from: KD on August 25, 2006, 03:48:07 PM
Just watched it, the cattle rustling line and applause were hilarious.

This is a really, really, really, really good TV show.

So you, myself, Kerm and A. Dolan are the only ones watching this show? Pity.

I wish I knew someone else to talk about this with. It's awesome.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »
I'd like to get in the action, but I fear that I may be too far behind.  I get the basic premise and all, but would I be lost if I just jumped right in?  Plus, I don't know when it's on.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 04:10:33 PM »
Quote from: JD on August 25, 2006, 04:03:14 PM
I'd like to get in the action, but I fear that I may be too far behind.  I get the basic premise and all, but would I be lost if I just jumped right in?  Plus, I don't know when it's on.

If you have Comcast it's On Demand.  Goes back to the 2nd episode.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 04:10:46 PM »

Just check BBC America. Just do it. Start watching now. He's stuck in 1973, and I think you can watch the first 5 or 10 minutes of the pilot on youtube. Get after it.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 04:15:51 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on August 25, 2006, 04:10:46 PM

Just check BBC America. Just do it. Start watching now. He's stuck in 1973, and I think you can watch the first 5 or 10 minutes of the pilot on youtube. Get after it.

GOSH DANG IT! That's just the kick in the pants that I needed.  I'm in.  Where do I send my money?  Wait, I mean, what?  Wrong board...sorry.  What's a BBC America?

Just kidding.  I'm IN.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
I love when the Gov tells Sam that he's not the United guys' "type of people."  Sam says, "Who is their type of person?"  The Gov says, "I am."

I also loved when the Gov described how he could outdrink any of the United boys.  And when at first he didn't understand the concept of "undercover."  Also, when he knocked out the guy he nicked and turned to the patrons and said that he didn't pay his tab.  It was such an Indiana Jones "No ticket!" line.  There is so much good about this show.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on August 28, 2006, 02:57:12 PM
I love when the Gov tells Sam that he's not the United guys' "type of people."  Sam says, "Who is their type of person?"  The Gov says, "I am."

I also loved when the Gov described how he could outdrink any of the United boys.  And when at first he didn't understand the concept of "undercover."  Also, when he knocked out the guy he nicked and turned to the patrons and said that he didn't pay his tab.  It was such an Indiana Jones "No ticket!" line.  There is so much good about this show.

He said something like, "I could drink the lot of them under the table and stop off for a pint on my way home."

Bad Kermit

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 03:39:07 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on August 28, 2006, 03:03:19 PM

He said something like, "I could drink the lot of them under the table and stop off for a pint on my way home."

Exactly.  I freaking love that guy.  Philip Glenister.  I also like how he told them to make sure the barhand "had nice tits."  I also love the way he says the word "scum" for some reason.

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on August 28, 2006, 03:39:07 PM

Exactly.  I freaking love that guy.  Philip Glenister.  I also like how he told them to make sure the barhand "had nice tits."  I also love the way he says the word "scum" for some reason.

Oh totally. It's almost like he says "Scom". It's fantastic. What's that lady's name in the show, Allie? Strangely attracted to her.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: The Slak on August 28, 2006, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: Bad Kermit on August 28, 2006, 03:39:07 PM

Oh totally. It's almost like he says "Scom". It's fantastic. What's that lady's name in the show, Allie? Strangely attracted to her.

There's nothing strange about it.  She's great-looking.  Great eyes.  Imagine her with non-70's hair.  Yum.  She's like Dawn from The Office (BBC).  Hot, but, you know, attainable hot.