News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pickin' on...Nickelback?  ( 15,026 )

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
Pickin' on...Nickelback?
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:20:07 PM »
Nickelback blows. They're absolutely terrible.

But these bluegrass yokels are pretty sweet. They're on the iTunes empire. Check out their version of that godawful song, "Someday."

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pickin' on...Nickelback?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »
Quote from: RockTheIvy on August 31, 2006, 06:20:07 PM
Nickelback blows. They're absolutely terrible.

But these bluegrass yokels are pretty sweet. They're on the iTunes empire. Check out their version of that godawful song, "Someday."

Just to emphasize the important part. Wow, truer words never spoken.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »
Vh1 rock.  The videos they play from 1-8am, full of green tints and clothes from the mall and Paul Reed Smith guitars.  Started with Live, grew on to Matchbox 20, and has gotten considerably more infuriating in the years since ...

Yah mo B there!

Bad Kermit

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
I don't think I've laughed so hard at a song as I did when they spliced those 2 Nickelback songs (I think "Someday" and "This is How You Remind Me") over one another and they actually sounded like they belonged together.  I can't find it online now.  Lame.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 09:35:30 AM »
Live, Matchbox 20, and Nickelback all suck so bad they should be forced to watch the Cubs every game as punishment.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
Look at that photograph, ever time I do it makes me laugh...
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:43:52 AM »
what photograph?

Bad Kermit

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
Quote from: butthead on September 01, 2006, 09:35:30 AM
Live, Matchbox 20, and Nickelback all suck so bad they should be forced to watch the Cubs every game as punishment.

And, sadly, Live is the freaking Beatles compared to Matchbox 20 and Nickelback.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:57:14 AM »
Live evolved into one of the worst bands in history. Nickelback and Matchbox 20 were instantly carnated into being two of the worst bands in history.

Maroon 5 is on my list of worst bands ever, but that's more of an irrational hatred than an indictment on their lack of musical worth. Which is still zero.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 10:03:54 AM »
I once found a website which played the two Nickelback hits (the names of which escape me, fortunately) side by side.  They're the same song - exactly the same song.  Same structure, same chords, same everything.

And Chad whateverhisnameis is easily the ugliest man on the face of the Earth.  Astonishingly ugly.  He ain't got no alibi.

Edit - Found it :  http://www.dailymedication.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=315
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »
Quote from: butthead on September 01, 2006, 09:43:52 AM
what photograph?

Sorry, this is the first thread in the music section I've been able to follow, so I went with it.  I don't have a very sophisticated taste in music, nor a deep, meaningful relationship with it.  You might say, I knows what I hates, and I hates Nickelback.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Bad Kermit

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 10:17:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 01, 2006, 10:03:54 AM
I once found a website which played the two Nickelback hits (the names of which escape me, fortunately) side by side.  They're the same song - exactly the same song.  Same structure, same chords, same everything.

And Chad whateverhisnameis is easily the ugliest man on the face of the Earth.  Astonishingly ugly.  He ain't got no alibi.

Edit - Found it :  http://www.dailymedication.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=315

The other day, Forkserker had me on "ignore," and now Tonker does?  What did I do to deserve this?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on September 01, 2006, 10:17:34 AM

The other day, Forkserker had me on "ignore," and now Tonker does?  What did I do to deserve this?

Heh heh, sorry Kerm, that'll teach me to read the thread properly.  At least I found the link, though...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 01, 2006, 11:11:30 AM
Quote from: Bad Kermit on September 01, 2006, 10:17:34 AM

Heh heh, sorry Kerm, that'll teach me to read the thread properly.  At least I found the link, though...

You have done well, Tonker.  That mp3 is hilarious.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »
I never did like Creed Nickelback.