News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ted Lilly. A Cub.  ( 44,641 )

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Ted Lilly. A Cub.
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2008, 09:24:02 AM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 11, 2008, 09:21:06 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 11, 2008, 08:59:55 AM
Great, let's see him throw at one of our guys' hands and knock him out for the year. That'd be swell.

If they come up and in on one guy tonight Pujols needs to take one in the dome. I know he'll just up his HGH dosage to get back into the line-up quicker but Piniella needs to go right to the nuclear option if LaRussa decides to dust somebody.

Harden got any history of drilling dudes?

All that time in the Bay area?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:27 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2008, 08:53:37 AM

I want to know if Z feels threatened that he's not the team's #1 badass any more, and if he intends to do something to reclaim his title?

This.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:26 AM »
More Cardinals hi-jinks from over the weekend:

"It may actually be past that point. In the eighth inning, Villone elbowed his way into the center of an on-field squabble between infielder Aaron Miles and Pirates infielder Doug Mientkiewicz. With the Pirates leading by five runs, Mientkiewicz swatted the ball out of Miles' glove and spoiled a would-be double play. Miles later called it a "dirty play."

"The guy swiped — he swiped it," said La Russa, who exchanged words with Mientkiewicz when he went out to argue the call. "He's acting like he's innocent. The tape doesn't lie. A swipe like that — that's a double play, that's what it is."

The next batter hit a soft liner to shortstop Brendan Ryan, who pivoted and threw to second to catch Mientkiewicz straying. As he tapped the base, Miles chided, "You're out. You're gone. You're out of here." He then trotted off as umpire Gary Darling held back a raging Mientkiewicz. Dugouts emptied. Villone entered the exchange when he thought Mientkiewicz said something to him. At one point, it took four teammates to restrain Villone.

He and Mientkiewicz were ejected.

"With the crazed animal that Ronny is, that's not exactly the guy you want to make mad," Mientkiewicz joked after the game. He came clean on the play. "I went after the glove to try to knock the ball out. ... We were up five, and I think we all know that a five-run lead for us is not exactly insurmountable."
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 15, 2008, 10:47:26 AM

"It may actually be past that point. In the eighth inning, Villone elbowed his way into the center of an on-field squabble between infielder Aaron Miles and Pirates infielder Doug Mientkiewicz. With the Pirates leading by five runs, Mientkiewicz swatted the ball out of Miles' glove and spoiled a would-be double play. Miles later called it a "dirty play."

"The guy swiped — he swiped it," said La Russa, who exchanged words with Mientkiewicz when he went out to argue the call. "He's acting like he's innocent. The tape doesn't lie. A swipe like that — that's a double play, that's what it is."

The next batter hit a soft liner to shortstop Brendan Ryan, who pivoted and threw to second to catch Mientkiewicz straying. As he tapped the base, Miles chided, "You're out. You're gone. You're out of here." He then trotted off as umpire Gary Darling held back a raging Mientkiewicz. Dugouts emptied. Villone entered the exchange when he thought Mientkiewicz said something to him. At one point, it took four teammates to restrain Villone.

"With the crazed animal that Ronny is, that's not exactly the guy you want to make mad," Mientkiewicz joked after the game. He came clean on the play. "I went after the glove to try to knock the ball out. ... We were up five, and I think we all know that a five-run lead for us is not exactly insurmountable."

Awesome.

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 15, 2008, 10:49:26 AM

Awesome.

Dougie Eyechart +1

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »

Aaron Miles is such a badass.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »
Yeah, Miles came across like a douche there, but I'd take him over Ronny Cedeno as a utility infielder for 2009.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on September 15, 2008, 11:04:42 AM

Aaron Miles is such a badass.

I know.  The St. Louis Cardinals' fans told me so.  http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5814799

Although, you appear to have misspelled bada55.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »
Theodore on his way to perfection???

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 14, 2008, 10:44:27 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2008, 08:53:37 AM

I want to know if Z feels threatened that he's not the team's #1 badass any more, and if he intends to do something to reclaim his title?

This.
Man, TR does NOT like to be shown up.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
Mark Loretta = Dead tomorrow

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 15, 2008, 03:11:57 PM

THey'll be finding pieces of him for years to come.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 15, 2008, 03:14:04 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 15, 2008, 03:11:57 PM

THey'll be finding pieces of him for years to come.

Only after Ted shits them out.
01/20/2013

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
How bout the cold-blooded effort from Lilly today?  The Brewers look at the cubs lineup and think they're gettin' a gift win.  Then, Ted Lilly decides to shove it up their booty holes for 6 innings.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Irwin Felch

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »
Reed doesn't slip and Pie isn't lazy, Lilly might still be rolling along.