News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,236 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2008, 06:34:08 AM »
Quote from: Pre on February 12, 2008, 01:51:42 AM
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 03, 2008, 09:45:31 AM
And getting out of the city that early shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just take Diversey all the way back to the Kennedy (90 West).

90 West isn't what you want to get to Iowa City.  Take Ashland or Western down (instead of 90 east) to 290 and take that out to 88.  Or, to 55 to 80 if you don't have a ziplock full of 20's for the toll.

I'll second this.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »
Quote from: butthead on February 11, 2008, 10:44:08 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 11, 2008, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: EG on February 11, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
So, it's tax season, and I was wondering if people had any experience with the big tax prep companies like H&R Block and Jackson-Hewitt.

I've done my taxes on my own in the past because they've been as simple as possible, but this year I worked six months in Illinois, moved to Kansas, but worked across the state line in Missouri.  With three states involved, I'm afraid I'll screw everything up and I was thinking of taking it to a prep service.  Anyone have any recommendations, etc.?

If it's going to be that much trouble, just don't file taxes this year. What's the worst that could happen?

That's not that bad of an idea.

Especially considering the 16th Amendment was never properly ratified.]

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2008, 08:27:58 AM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Desipio Past on February 12, 2008, 08:13:50 AM
Quote from: butthead on February 11, 2008, 10:44:08 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 11, 2008, 10:35:01 PM
So, it's tax season, and I was wondering if people had any experience with the big tax prep companies like H&R Block and Jackson-Hewitt.

I've done my taxes on my own in the past because they've been as simple as possible, but this year I worked six months in Illinois, moved to Kansas, but worked across the state line in Missouri.  With three states involved, I'm afraid I'll screw everything up and I was thinking of taking it to a prep service.  Anyone have any recommendations, etc.?

If it's going to be that much trouble, just don't file taxes this year. What's the worst that could happen?

That's not that bad of an idea.

Especially considering the 16th Amendment was never properly ratified.]

Yeah, about that. Don't do it.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2008, 09:20:32 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 12, 2008, 06:11:30 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 11, 2008, 05:26:42 PM
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 11, 2008, 05:21:21 PM
Quote from: Oleg on February 11, 2008, 05:00:29 PM

Just make sure the accountant is Jewish.

Is there an option?

My dad. Roman Catholic. Best accountant there is.

Me.  Also Roman Catholic.  Also the best accountant there is.

Wait, did I say accountant?  I meant "lion tamer".

I'll bet he has a really nice hat that lights up at night so that you can tame them after dark when they're less stroppy.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »
My dad.  Also a Catholic accountant.  In fact, he was so old school he didn't even go to college. 
FIRE EVERYBODY!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »

Is there an option?

I didn't think they allowed Catholics in Scotland.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »

My accountant is Lubavich.
+=

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
Quote from: TJ on February 12, 2008, 09:46:15 AM

Is there an option?

No, no - we're allowed.  Just as long as we only speak when we're spoken to, and don't - you know - take any jobs or anything.  We also have to give up our seat on the bus if a Protestant wants it.  True story.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 12, 2008, 01:30:10 PM
Quote from: TJ on February 12, 2008, 09:46:15 AM

Is there an option?

No, no - we're allowed.  Just as long as we only speak when we're spoken to, and don't - you know - take any jobs or anything.  We also have to give up our seat on the bus if a Protestant wants it.  True story.

I was raised a Roman Catholic myself. Mom used to be a nun. True story. I used to think it was cool that somebody might discriminate against me for my religion (infatuated as I was with Public Enemy and the whole militant pro-black rap universe). My mom grew up in an ethnic Eastern European neighborhood in Indy and said people used to blow her parents shit (more for being F'erners than Catholics I'd imagine). I used to ask her what people would call them. The best one I heard was "Papie" as in "Papist" of course.

Titballs.   
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2008, 01:50:52 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 12, 2008, 01:43:43 PM

I was raised a Roman Catholic myself. Mom used to be a nun. True story. I used to think it was cool that somebody might discriminate against me for my religion (infatuated as I was with Public Enemy and the whole militant pro-black rap universe). My mom grew up in an ethnic Eastern European neighborhood in Indy and said people used to blow her parents shit (more for being F'erners than Catholics I'd imagine). I used to ask her what people would call them. The best one I heard was "Papie" as in "Papist" of course.

Titballs.   

Eastern Europeans don't like Catholics?  This is news to me.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »
Quote from: CT II on February 12, 2008, 01:50:52 PM

Titballs.   

We're a self-loathing bunch.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »

Titballs.   

I guess I should've clarified. My grandparents were Slovenian. It wasn't the F'erners that were blowing them shit, but the rednecks. No matter where you go in Indiana, you can't avoid their kind. They could be cruel sometimes. Sometimes they called you "Papie!" Ha!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »
My mother's father was an Italian from near Rome, and my mother's mother was born and raised in rural Kentucky. Whenever my mother and her siblings would visit Kentucky, all the kids on the block would come by to gawk, or more specifically to inspect my mother's head for devils horns. We're Papists, after all.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 12, 2008, 01:54:38 PM

Titballs.   

I guess I should've clarified. My grandparents were Slovenian. It wasn't the F'erners that were blowing them shit, but the rednecks. No matter where you go in Indiana, you can't avoid their kind. They could be cruel sometimes. Sometimes they called you "Papie!" Ha!

Got it.  That makes a lot more sense.  They should've moved to Joliet.  No oppression of Slavic peoples goes on there.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »
Quote from: TJ on February 12, 2008, 01:56:38 PM
My mother's father was an Italian from near Rome, and my mother's mother was born and raised in rural Kentucky. Whenever my mother and her siblings would visit Kentucky, all the kids on the block would come by to gawk, or more specifically to inspect my mother's head for devils horns. We're Papists, after all.

Papie!