News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,531 )

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 21, 2008, 12:52:25 PM
Quote from: RV on February 21, 2008, 12:43:59 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on February 21, 2008, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: EG on February 21, 2008, 12:12:32 PM
Netflix vs. Blockbuster Online?  Anyone have a preference?

Netflix has more stuff. The wait for certain titles on Blockbuster was longer than hell. Both send you DVDs that are pretty scratched up though. I was hoping the switch from Blockbuster to Netflix would improve that situation but thus far it hasn't. They send them in paper envelopes through the mail to other people's houses and gord knows what those people do with these things before they send them back. I'm ready for the next big thing. DVDs blow.

I've been using Netflix for a long time and am a big fan. Haven't had the scratched DVD problems that Apex has. Maybe his mailman needs to cut his fingernails. They've got a huge selection (including just about any TV show you can think of), the only downside I've noticed lately is that new releases aren't as readily available as they used to be. Also, call me old fashioned but I prefer to give my money to the company that came up with the idea instead of the Blockbusters and Wal Marts.

I'm with RV on this one. I stay with Netflix. Blockbuster can suck it.

Thirded.  I'll add that I really like Netflix's website.  Very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on February 21, 2008, 01:20:28 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 21, 2008, 12:52:25 PM
Quote from: RV on February 21, 2008, 12:43:59 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on February 21, 2008, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: EG on February 21, 2008, 12:12:32 PM
Netflix vs. Blockbuster Online?  Anyone have a preference?

Netflix has more stuff. The wait for certain titles on Blockbuster was longer than hell. Both send you DVDs that are pretty scratched up though. I was hoping the switch from Blockbuster to Netflix would improve that situation but thus far it hasn't. They send them in paper envelopes through the mail to other people's houses and gord knows what those people do with these things before they send them back. I'm ready for the next big thing. DVDs blow.

I've been using Netflix for a long time and am a big fan. Haven't had the scratched DVD problems that Apex has. Maybe his mailman needs to cut his fingernails. They've got a huge selection (including just about any TV show you can think of), the only downside I've noticed lately is that new releases aren't as readily available as they used to be. Also, call me old fashioned but I prefer to give my money to the company that came up with the idea instead of the Blockbusters and Wal Marts.

I'm with RV on this one. I stay with Netflix. Blockbuster can suck it.

Thirded.  I'll add that I really like Netflix's website.  Very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

I think Netflix rocks.  I love the 'watch now' option.  There aren't a ton of movies on it yet, but it's nice when you just want to kill an hour and a half on a documentry or something.

The one thing that all users of Blockbuster say is that the option to return the movies to a store and get another one is key.  I don't know that I ever need a movie that quickly, unless it's Beer League.

I had one issue with a Netflix movie coming in scratched.  It wasn't a big deal and once I reported it, they offered to sendoff another copy immediately.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 21, 2008, 03:25:45 PM
I think Netflix rocks.  I love the 'watch now' option.  There aren't a ton of movies on it yet, but it's nice when you just want to kill an hour and a half on a documentry or something.
'Cept the Watch Now doesn't work in Firefox, only IE.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2008, 04:01:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on February 21, 2008, 03:39:17 PM
Quote from: Oleg on February 21, 2008, 03:25:45 PM
'Cept the Watch Now doesn't work in Firefox, only IE.

Yeah, I'm stunned they haven't set it up for Firefox yet.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »
Getting ready to go to the Drake-Butler game today. Radar for IL doesn't look too good. Anyone live downstate in the I-74 corridor that can give me an idea what to expect?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 10:45:56 AM
Getting ready to go to the Drake-Butler game today. Radar for IL doesn't look too good. Anyone live downstate in the I-74 corridor that can give me an idea what to expect?

I'm no longer in that area but I used to live down the street from Butler. You can expect to see you fucktard Drake pansies get their asses handed to them in a historic basketball arena.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2008, 10:50:23 AM »

Are you asking for a weather report for the entire width of the State of Illinois, specific to the times you will be passing through the various areas?

Expect it to be cold.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

Galesburg, Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign, Danville.

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 22, 2008, 10:49:08 AM

I'm no longer in that area but I used to live down the street from Butler. You can expect to see you fucktard Drake pansies get their asses handed to them in a historic basketball arena.

Perhaps... But be a Drake grad, I know that we would actually get our asses handed to us in an historic basketball arena.

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
Alright, fine, I plan on hitting Peoria around 4, Bloomington around 5 and Urbana-West Urbana around 6. Stopping there for the night.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 10:55:24 AM
Alright, fine, I plan on hitting Peoria around 4, Bloomington around 5 and Urbana-West Urbana around 6. Stopping there for the night.

Weather.com

Amazing resource for things having to do with weather.

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »
Dipshit, I know how the fuck to look up weather on the web. What I fucking want is someone on the fucking ground to say, "Hey, IDOT sucks right now, can't keep up, expect it to take 2 hours to get from Galesburg to Peoria." Or, "No problems, radar lies, clear sailing."

How hard is that?

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 11:00:38 AM
Dipshit, I know how the fuck to look up weather on the web. What I fucking want is someone on the fucking ground to say, "Hey, IDOT sucks right now, can't keep up, expect it to take 2 hours to get from Galesburg to Peoria." Or, "No problems, radar lies, clear sailing."

How hard is that?

Or you could just realize that it's fucking winter out and if it's snowing it's going to take you a lot longer than you had planned.  Leave early.  The worst that could happen is you could be early for the game.