News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,594 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 11:00:38 AM
Dipshit, I know how the fuck to look up weather on the web. What I fucking want is someone on the fucking ground to say, "Hey, IDOT sucks right now, can't keep up, expect it to take 2 hours to get from Galesburg to Peoria." Or, "No problems, radar lies, clear sailing."

How hard is that?

TDubbs has a helicopter. With this and a satellite telephone, I think this would get you to where you need to go.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »
Quote from: KikiCassablanca on February 22, 2008, 11:10:05 AM
Dipshit, I know how the fuck to look up weather on the web. What I fucking want is someone on the fucking ground to say, "Hey, IDOT sucks right now, can't keep up, expect it to take 2 hours to get from Galesburg to Peoria." Or, "No problems, radar lies, clear sailing."

How hard is that?

TDubbs has a helicopter. With this and a satellite telephone, I think this would get you to where you need to go.

That didn't work out so well on Lost.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »

How hard is that?

It looks like I-74 in Indiana has a few Sox fans running amok.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7909936

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 10:52:03 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on February 22, 2008, 10:49:08 AM
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 10:45:56 AM
Getting ready to go to the Drake-Butler game today. Radar for IL doesn't look too good. Anyone live downstate in the I-74 corridor that can give me an idea what to expect?

I'm no longer in that area but I used to live down the street from Butler. You can expect to see you fucktard Drake pansies get their asses handed to them in a historic basketball arena.

Perhaps... But be a Drake grad, I know that we would actually get our asses handed to us in an historic basketball arena.

Get out of my brain. I was just discussing this with someone last night after hearing "an historic ..." on TV.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/anhistoric.html

I pronounce the "h" in "hiss-toric," so take your pompous and unnecessary "n" and get the hell out of Iowa already.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
Quote from: RedBeard on February 22, 2008, 10:52:03 AM
Perhaps... But be a Drake grad, I know that we would actually get our asses handed to us in an historic basketball arena.

Yeah, that's wrong.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »

How hard is that?

Not very hard knucklehead.

http://wrc.gettingaroundillinois.com/winterroadconditions/

Now go away.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

How hard is that?

You're a moron.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »

How hard is that?

Why don't you just wait and see how it plays out?
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on February 22, 2008, 12:18:40 PM

How hard is that?

Why don't you just wait and see how it plays out?

Drive fast! Take chances!

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 03, 2008, 09:45:31 AM
I agree with the recommendation to stay at the Days Inn on Diversey. Book it as soon as you can. Parking isn't the best. You probably have to park at the mall's garage around the corner, but it isn't that big of a deal. The hotel is pretty decent, and the rooms are quite a bit bigger than at a lot of places in the city. The location is great. After you're done at Shuba's you can cab it to Weiner Circle, about a half block south of the hotel. Good times. And getting out of the city that early shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just take Diversey all the way back to the Kennedy (90 West).

My memory got a little jogged following Schuba's, but I remembered one of youse guys saying something about a "something or other circle" a few blocks south of Schubas. Me and my KurtEvans ladyfriend walked about 5 blocks south, but we couldn't find anything that was open for a quick bite and there sure as hell weren't any circles. So, we figured we'd hail a cab and see if he knew of any places around the Days Inn where we could grab some food--I couldn't really understand what he said, but I heard "Weiner" and gave him the go-ahead to drop us off there for a dog.

We walked in to see an argument between a little Asian dude and the girl behind the counter. The girl told him he was a "brokeass, baby-lookin' motherfucker." He then grabbed an ATM receipt and made me, "a white boy", confirm that he had a balance of about $10,000 "in the motherfucking checking account--not even the savings" no less. This was after he'd placed his order, but before he continued to lecture her about the benefits of "having mad equity", "good health insurance--this card ain't for no HMO", and threw in a few "I own. You rent. Get some equity. Eq-ui-ty! Eq-ui-ty! Eq-ui-ty! Google that shit!"

Long story short, what I experienced at The Weiners Circle was, hands down, the most entertaining thing I saw all night. I've never been so thrilled to be called a "white boy" by a total stranger.  I didn't even put two and two together, and realize that I was at the "something or other circle" that Old Style Man had recommended until today.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 22, 2008, 11:10:05 AM

How hard is that?

BH, I told you to keep my chopper quiet.  It's only for us fat guys to use to get around the country when we tour on our rock 'n' roll shows.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 04, 2008, 01:34:52 PM
I agree with the recommendation to stay at the Days Inn on Diversey. Book it as soon as you can. Parking isn't the best. You probably have to park at the mall's garage around the corner, but it isn't that big of a deal. The hotel is pretty decent, and the rooms are quite a bit bigger than at a lot of places in the city. The location is great. After you're done at Shuba's you can cab it to Weiner Circle, about a half block south of the hotel. Good times. And getting out of the city that early shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just take Diversey all the way back to the Kennedy (90 West).

My memory got a little jogged following Schuba's, but I remembered one of youse guys saying something about a "something or other circle" a few blocks south of Schubas. Me and my KurtEvans ladyfriend walked about 5 blocks south, but we couldn't find anything that was open for a quick bite and there sure as hell weren't any circles. So, we figured we'd hail a cab and see if he knew of any places around the Days Inn where we could grab some food--I couldn't really understand what he said, but I heard "Weiner" and gave him the go-ahead to drop us off there for a dog.

We walked in to see an argument between a little Asian dude and the girl behind the counter. The girl told him he was a "brokeass, baby-lookin' motherfucker." He then grabbed an ATM receipt and made me, "a white boy", confirm that he had a balance of about $10,000 "in the motherfucking checking account--not even the savings" no less. This was after he'd placed his order, but before he continued to lecture her about the benefits of "having mad equity", "good health insurance--this card ain't for no HMO", and threw in a few "I own. You rent. Get some equity. Eq-ui-ty! Eq-ui-ty! Eq-ui-ty! Google that shit!"

Long story short, what I experienced at The Weiners Circle was, hands down, the most entertaining thing I saw all night. I've never been so thrilled to be called a "white boy" by a total stranger.  I didn't even put two and two together, and realize that I was at the "something or other circle" that Old Style Man had recommended until today.

That's excellent...what did you think of Schuba's? Not sure if you got to see the show you wanted. I was there on Friday and I'll actually be there again tomorrow night.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on March 05, 2008, 09:20:44 AM

That's excellent...what did you think of Schuba's? Not sure if you got to see the show you wanted. I was there on Friday and I'll actually be there again tomorrow night.

It was about what I expected. Schuba's was nice and all, but Weiner Circle was pretty hard to top. A little seating would've been nice, although I can sort of understand why they don't have any. The coat hooks on the wall were a nice touch though. I couldn't find tickets to the Saturday show, so we went to the one on Monday night and left at about 4:30 the next morning. Aside from my present state of sleep deprivation, it was an excellent trip.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 05, 2008, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on March 05, 2008, 09:20:44 AM

It was about what I expected. Schuba's was nice and all, but Weiner Circle was pretty hard to top. A little seating would've been nice, although I can sort of understand why they don't have any. The coat hooks on the wall were a nice touch though. I couldn't find tickets to the Saturday show, so we went to the one on Monday night and left at about 4:30 the next morning. Aside from my present state of sleep deprivation, it was an excellent trip.

Well you can't really compare Schubas and Wiener's Circle since they don't serve the same purpose...but yeah. Wiener's Circle is a place you won't ever forget. Suddenly, I'm in the mood for cheese fries.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on March 05, 2008, 01:55:48 PM

Suddenly, I'm in the mood for cheese fries.

Is that a Microsoft product?