News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,324 )

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
Bump.

If anyone's interested in either of the two Bears preseason games, I have three tickets for each game (8/7 and 8/21).  I know, I know.  Who wants to pay full price to go see preseason football, where the starters barely play a whole half.  Still, I've found people in the past that were glad to take them and spend a summer day in Chicago.  Of course, that was back in the day when the preseason games were on Saturdays.  Thanks alot, NFL, for continuing to charge full price while moving them to Thursday. 

Still, if anyone's interested, lemme know.  I won't hold my breath.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Wampa

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: July 15, 2008, 02:47:48 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on July 14, 2008, 09:27:35 PM
Bump.

If anyone's interested in either of the two Bears preseason games, I have three tickets for each game (8/7 and 8/21).  I know, I know.  Who wants to pay full price to go see preseason football, where the starters barely play a whole half.  Still, I've found people in the past that were glad to take them and spend a summer day in Chicago.  Of course, that was back in the day when the preseason games were on Saturdays.  Thanks alot, NFL, for continuing to charge full price while moving them to Thursday. 

How much are they?

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: July 15, 2008, 02:53:33 AM »
Thank you all for the guitar advice.  I think I might stick with acoustic, though I plan on buying it from a store so I can return it if necessary.  A local shop has the following:
http://tinyurl.com/5npevg

I feel like I've seen that name tossed around as a pretty decent one, though this is of course it's bottom of the range.  Still, might it be worth it?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: July 15, 2008, 03:09:44 AM »
Quote from: RD on July 15, 2008, 02:53:33 AM
I feel like I've seen that name tossed around as a pretty decent one, though this is of course it's bottom of the range.  Still, might it be worth it?

Speaking as someone who bought my (ex-) wife a guitar as a birthday present, I'd suggest not fretting too much about the model.  If it takes, it takes.  (Do pick up an inexpensive tuner, though.)

The whole operation works much better as a partnership, of course.  Get yourself a mandolin or kazoo, or electric jug, etc.

[Edit.--Autoharp, perhaps.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: July 15, 2008, 05:29:56 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 15, 2008, 03:09:44 AM

Speaking as someone who bought my (ex-) wife a guitar as a birthday present, I'd suggest not fretting too much about the model.  If it takes, it takes.  (Do pick up an inexpensive tuner, though.)

The whole operation works much better as a partnership, of course.  Get yourself a mandolin or kazoo, or electric jug, etc.

You can do Lovin' Spoonful covers, or songs about catheters.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2008, 05:45:03 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on July 15, 2008, 05:29:56 AM
You can do Lovin' Spoonful covers, or songs about catheters.

Worst-case scenario is memorization of "Blackbird."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2008, 06:09:33 AM »

I am quite partial to the electric jug...  How have I made it this far in life without knowing that fact?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2008, 07:40:18 AM »
Quote from: RD on July 15, 2008, 06:09:33 AM

I am quite partial to the electric jug...  How have I made it this far in life without knowing that fact?

You could do, well, Famous Jug Band songs.  Natch.

Actually, I don't suppose there are any fans of modern British folk amongst the Desipiots (Bert Jansch?  Ralph McTell?  John Renbourn?  Anybody?) but if there are, and you haven't come across the Famous Jug Band yet, I implore you to dig them up from wherever you can, and give them a listen.  It's gorgeous, gorgeous music, and you can hear Jill Johnson's voice and die happy.

That is all.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2008, 08:26:44 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 15, 2008, 07:40:18 AM
Quote from: RD on July 15, 2008, 06:09:33 AM

You could do, well, Famous Jug Band songs.  Natch.

Actually, I don't suppose there are any fans of modern British folk amongst the Desipiots (Bert Jansch?  Ralph McTell?  John Renbourn?  Anybody?) but if there are, and you haven't come across the Famous Jug Band yet, I implore you to dig them up from wherever you can, and give them a listen.  It's gorgeous, gorgeous music, and you can hear Jill Johnson's voice and die happy.

That is all.

Jug Band Music...aaaaaand we're back to the Lovin' Spoonful.

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: July 15, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
So, who's Cindy in NC?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/obama-the-empat.html

Posted by: cindy in nc | Jul 14, 2008 12:37:24 PM

I think that the new york magazine of Obama and his wife is just one more thing the republicans are doing to try to keep people from voting for him but it will only work for the americans that are already morans.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: July 15, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
The Republicans have taken over the graphic design department of the New Yorker?

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: July 15, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »
Quote from: TJ on July 15, 2008, 04:18:37 PM
The Republicans have taken over the graphic design department of the New Yorker?

Only the morans.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Wampa on July 15, 2008, 02:47:48 AM
Quote from: Mike D on July 14, 2008, 09:27:35 PM
Bump.

How much are they?

$85 each.  3 for each game.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2008, 11:44:44 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 15, 2008, 07:40:18 AM
Actually, I don't suppose there are any fans of modern British folk amongst the Desipiots

The Incredible String Band (as it were) appeared at Woodstock?  Maybe I'm not dead yet.  Or the other way around.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2008, 06:19:15 AM »
Quote from: Rooster on July 15, 2008, 04:24:04 PM
Quote from: TJ on July 15, 2008, 04:18:37 PM

Only the morans.

The Only Band We'll Ever Need?