News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,633 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #570 on: September 02, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 02, 2008, 01:25:31 PM
Quote from: HST Redux on September 02, 2008, 10:14:38 AM
I have extra bleacher ticket's for tonight's game. I'm organizing a bus trip from Aurora and may have up to 8 or 11 available once we arrive at Wrigley at about 6 p.m. or so. You're certainly welcome to join us on the bus too, which leaves Aurora at 4 p.m. I won't know exactly how many tickets I have until then.

I know I have at least 2 because of a last-minute cancellation.

Face is $36, but the tickets cost me $42 after fees and taxes. PM me here before 2 for more details on the bus trip or to meet me outside Wrigley. Thanks.
You have been BANNED FROM the BUD LIGHT BLEACHERS.

You are free to watch, but not to participate.

Say hello to Yellon for us.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: September 02, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 02, 2008, 01:25:31 PM
Quote from: HST Redux on September 02, 2008, 10:14:38 AM
I have extra bleacher ticket's for tonight's game. I'm organizing a bus trip from Aurora and may have up to 8 or 11 available once we arrive at Wrigley at about 6 p.m. or so. You're certainly welcome to join us on the bus too, which leaves Aurora at 4 p.m. I won't know exactly how many tickets I have until then.

I know I have at least 2 because of a last-minute cancellation.

Face is $36, but the tickets cost me $42 after fees and taxes. PM me here before 2 for more details on the bus trip or to meet me outside Wrigley. Thanks.

Say hello to Yellon for us.

Will do. And to his bologna sandwiches.

Seriously, if anyone's interested from now on, call me. Thanks.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
I'm guessing this is the right thread to do this in...

I have 4 tix for tonight 9/3   7:05 game
sec 139
row 6
face is $50
you would need be in the Loop by 4:00 to pick them up

decent seats - not my tickets - trying to help out a buddy

PM me if interested
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: September 03, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 03, 2008, 09:59:54 AM
I'm guessing this is the right thread to do this in...

I have 4 tix for tonight 9/3   7:05 game
sec 139
row 6
face is $50
you would need be in the Loop by 4:00 to pick them up

decent seats - not my tickets - trying to help out a buddy

PM me if interested
DPD

Tickets are gone.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: September 09, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
Here's one I thought I'd throw out to you guys because I know I'll get some interesting thoughts/analysis, some good and some attempts at humor. I am stumped and have a hard time coming up with an opinion (a rarity). I hate to turn this into an "advice column ("Dear Desipio") but it is the only site I'll ever need.

Anyway, a buddy/co-worker (a male) has been e-mailing a female co-worker for a couple of weeks. At first, it was work-related, but it fairly quickly turned into socializing. I've seen 75% of the e-mails (he gets/exchanges 2-4 per day from her), and she seemed to indicate that she was "so not a player" and joked about how one of her female co-workers always teased her about "another boyfriend" calling when the office phone would ring. Her response to all of that led my buddy (and me) to figure she was single (she also never wears a weeding ring). Then in a recent e-mail, she talked about her five-year old son and referred to her "spouse". We figured it was her way of getting her "story" out there, but other indications were that she may not be with him anymore. The e-mail exchanges continued, and she talked about a mutual friend of her and her "spouse". She has never used the term "husband" or "ex", only "spouse". She's only 26-27 and your garden-variety juco graduate with a nursing background, so the sole use of the term "spouse" has us confused since it doesn't appear she is trying to be "proper". I'm sure he'll find out one of these days what the deal is, but it's hard to do without looking shady or nosy. In the meantime, I'm at a loss on how to read this, and he's equally confused.

Any thoughts?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 09, 2008, 02:41:25 PM
Here's one I thought I'd throw out to you guys because I know I'll get some interesting thoughts/analysis, some good and some attempts at humor. I am stumped and have a hard time coming up with an opinion (a rarity). I hate to turn this into an "advice column ("Dear Desipio") but it is the only site I'll ever need.

Anyway, a buddy/co-worker (a male) has been e-mailing a female co-worker for a couple of weeks. At first, it was work-related, but it fairly quickly turned into socializing. I've seen 75% of the e-mails (he gets/exchanges 2-4 per day from her), and she seemed to indicate that she was "so not a player" and joked about how one of her female co-workers always teased her about "another boyfriend" calling when the office phone would ring. Her response to all of that led my buddy (and me) to figure she was single (she also never wears a weeding ring). Then in a recent e-mail, she talked about her five-year old son and referred to her "spouse". We figured it was her way of getting her "story" out there, but other indications were that she may not be with him anymore. The e-mail exchanges continued, and she talked about a mutual friend of her and her "spouse". She has never used the term "husband" or "ex", only "spouse". She's only 26-27 and your garden-variety juco graduate with a nursing background, so the sole use of the term "spouse" has us confused since it doesn't appear she is trying to be "proper". I'm sure he'll find out one of these days what the deal is, but it's hard to do without looking shady or nosy. In the meantime, I'm at a loss on how to read this, and he's equally confused.

Any thoughts?

They should meet in the conjugal visit trailer and see if sparks fly.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Does she wear Birkenstocks?  Is she into flannel?  Would she accept wrenches as a valid birthday present?  Does she drive a pickup?  Does she have short hair?  Does she own a cat?

Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2008, 03:09:53 PM »
Dave,

This "friend" wouldn't happen to be you, would it?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: September 09, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on September 09, 2008, 03:07:00 PM
Does she wear Birkenstocks?  Is she into flannel?  Would she accept wrenches as a valid birthday present?  Does she drive a pickup?  Does she have short hair?  Does she own a cat?

Is she hot?

What we're all really wondering'ed.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on September 09, 2008, 03:11:32 PM

Is she hot?

Does she have a brother?

What Fork will say I was wondering, so I might as well beat him to the punch'd.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: September 09, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on September 09, 2008, 03:11:32 PM

Is she hot?

She works at a prison and has already had a kid. You know she's hot.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: September 09, 2008, 03:23:15 PM »
No, it is not me.

No, she doesn't have any of the things Andre is asking about (as far as we know; only the cat is a mystery).

Not sure about a brother.

There is no conjugal visit trailer.

Yeah, I'd say she's pretty hot.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 09, 2008, 03:23:15 PM
No, it is not me.

No, she doesn't have any of the things Andre is asking about (as far as we know; only the cat is a mystery).

I say you cockblock your buddy and take her for yourself.

I mean, after you find out about whether or not she's single.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:55 PM »
No, it is not me.

Did any of this make you laugh, though?

The sad thing is when I think of people using the word spouse or any other vague sense of the term, I think of KurtEvans.

Maybe she's just weird. Like KurtEvans.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »

You run that place like a fucking prison.