News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,376 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 13, 2008, 01:38:14 AM
In the Hints from Heloise department, does anyone have any experience giving cats transdermal medications?  I have the cat and the "stuff," but I really suspect there's an aspect of technique here that I don't understand, in particular what part of the ear the "inner pinna" really is.

Well, I'm no Abelard, but I will assume that the "Inner" pinna is the central part of the inner ear flap, where the cartilage forms a sort of pouch.

I would assume the recessed triangular area just outside the ear canal would be the inner pinna.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
I think it's pretty cool--and not at all surprising--that Wheezer's chummy feline can do transcendental meditation.

Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 13, 2008, 10:25:39 AM
I would assume the recessed triangular area just outside the ear canal would be the inner pinna.

Ah, that helps.  My friend here has rather delicate ears, and that structure is pretty inconspicuous.  Thanks.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on September 13, 2008, 04:33:54 PM
I think it's pretty cool--and not at all surprising--that Wheezer's chummy feline can do transcendental meditation.

Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Just wanted to let you know that the shrinking font, while cool, was a total waste of time.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on September 13, 2008, 09:55:45 PM
Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm
Just wanted to let you know that the shrinking font, while cool, was a total waste of time.

I don't think Om is one of the TM mantras, either.  The cat's philosophical position is unclear to me, but I suspect it's influenced by David Carradine.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: September 14, 2008, 02:28:40 AM »

Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, but I was drunk.  So, HA!
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: September 14, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 13, 2008, 10:21:41 PM
Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think Om is one of the TM mantras, either.  The cat's philosophical position is unclear to me, but I suspect it's influenced by David Carradine.

We had a dog that was clearly influenced by Sebastian Cabot.

Weird, huh?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »
Is anybody else having trouble accessing mlb.com?  I haven't been able to see it since about Thursday last week.  If there's no problem at their end, can it be that I'm having trouble accessing one, and only one website?  For what it's worth, my wife can't access it either - she, of course, is going through the same router and modem as me.  Every other site on the intermernets works just fine.

I replaced my router last Thursday, coincidentally, but I fail to see how that could possibly have an effect.

Anybody got any ideas?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2008, 09:18:48 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 14, 2008, 03:30:01 PM
Is anybody else having trouble accessing mlb.com?  I haven't been able to see it since about Thursday last week.  If there's no problem at their end, can it be that I'm having trouble accessing one, and only one website?  For what it's worth, my wife can't access it either - she, of course, is going through the same router and modem as me.  Every other site on the intermernets works just fine.

I replaced my router last Thursday, coincidentally, but I fail to see how that could possibly have an effect.

Anybody got any ideas?

It's fine for me. 

I'm guessing it's not software related as you and your wife are both having issues (different pc's, I assume), so it's more than likely a hardware or routing issue.  Hard to troubleshoot from here, but here are some things that might work: 

Reset your modem and try to acquire another IP. 

Make sure the router's firewall has not excluded the site.  If it's a simple NAT firewall, it's probably okay.  Just check the internal pages to be sure it didn't somehow get filtered. 

Try surfing through a proxy server.  If you can get to it through a proxy (you know, how some people get around getting banned by certain Cubbie fan websites), then it's more than likely a routing issue.  Not a long term solution, but it can tell us if it's a routing problem. 

You can do some stuff from a command line too.  Pings, nslookups, etc.  We can cross that bridge when we get there. 

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
Indeed, a clearer description of the failure mode would help.  When you say you can't "see it," does this mean the name doesn't resolve, or is some HTTP error being returned, the browser just hangs, etc.?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2008, 01:30:50 AM »
Okay... some good stuff there, thanks chaps.

I can connect through a proxy.  Resetting my modem hasn't achieved anything.  When I ping mlb.com it times out.  The firewall on my router isn't switched on at all.

So, what does this all mean?  Apart from, you know, Z is a stud.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2008, 02:02:41 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 15, 2008, 01:30:50 AM
I can connect through a proxy.  Resetting my modem hasn't achieved anything.  When I ping mlb.com it times out.  The firewall on my router isn't switched on at all.

Mlb.com is akin to the Polisario.  I can't ping it either, but that's because an orgy of Flashturbation requires layers of regimentation.

Again, what does your browser do when you attempt to summon mlb.com?  (BT as ISP?)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: September 15, 2008, 02:59:47 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 15, 2008, 02:02:41 AM

Mlb.com is akin to the Polisario.  I can't ping it either, but that's because an orgy of Flashturbation requires layers of regimentation.

Again, what does your browser do when you attempt to summon mlb.com?  (BT as ISP?)

Essentially, it does nothing.  I'm using IE (sadly, I don't have a choice), and the little flag waves and nothing happens.  Sometimes it says that it's opening the IP address of mlb.com, and then doesn't, and sometimes it says "done", when it hasn't - the flag is still waving.  I don't think this helps much, does it?

Not suprisingly, I can log on to mlb.com through my work server - but then I can't watch mlb.tv.  I have a detailed plan for this evening :

a) Get kids off to bed
b) Kiss Mrs. Tonk goodnight
c) Watch Carlos' no-hitter
d) Watch Carlos' no-hitter again
e) Etc.
f) Wake up at 0400, wipe dribble from chin and go to bed

... that is in serious jeopardy.  Won't somebody think of the no-hitter?

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: September 15, 2008, 07:37:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 15, 2008, 02:59:47 AM

Essentially, it does nothing.  I'm using IE (sadly, I don't have a choice), and the little flag waves and nothing happens.  Sometimes it says that it's opening the IP address of mlb.com, and then doesn't, and sometimes it says "done", when it hasn't - the flag is still waving.  I don't think this helps much, does it?

Not suprisingly, I can log on to mlb.com through my work server - but then I can't watch mlb.tv.  I have a detailed plan for this evening :

a) Get kids off to bed
e) Etc.

Call your local Internet Provider. I'm sure they'll understand the gravity of the situation.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »
Quote from: TJ on September 15, 2008, 07:37:57 AM
Quote from: Tonker on September 15, 2008, 02:59:47 AM

a) Get kids off to bed
e) Etc.

Call your local Internet Provider. I'm sure they'll understand the gravity of the situation.

My Internet Provider is a bunch of utter cunts who would see me in hell before they lifted a finger to help me.  Anybody got a different solution?