News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,713 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »
There

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: September 16, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »
Thanks, guys.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:04 AM »
Quote from: Jon on September 16, 2008, 09:37:27 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 16, 2008, 09:23:35 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 16, 2008, 08:45:44 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 16, 2008, 06:43:49 PM

Better?

Excuse me, I have to go call the Russians and tell them to call off the attack on Louisville.

Sheee-it.  I'm a-fixing to open a matroyshka doll of whoop-ass on their pale asses.  Tell them funny talkin' Euros to git while the gittin' is good.  And leave the vodka on the porch next to Skeeter. 
Doing my part towards positive next-paging.

I thought the whole point was to keep her with us.

Isn't that Megan's Law?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: September 17, 2008, 03:17:09 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 17, 2008, 01:41:04 AM
Quote from: Jon on September 16, 2008, 09:37:27 PM

Better?

Excuse me, I have to go call the Russians and tell them to call off the attack on Louisville.

Sheee-it.  I'm a-fixing to open a matroyshka doll of whoop-ass on their pale asses.  Tell them funny talkin' Euros to git while the gittin' is good.  And leave the vodka on the porch next to Skeeter. 
Doing my part towards positive next-paging.

I thought the whole point was to keep her with us.

Isn't that Megan's Law?

Yep.  I'd probably have sex with that law.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: September 17, 2008, 04:30:05 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 16, 2008, 01:50:39 PM
When all else failed yesterday I did eventually call my ISP and they've acknowledged that it's their problem.  They didn't say exactly what that problem was, and they didn't know that it included me or mlb.com, but some of their customers (including me, it turns out) can't access http://www.hema.nl, and this is all part of the same thing.  They say they're working on it.  I won't hold my breath.

This is even curiouser.  I could imagine a localized DNS issue with Akamai:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mlb.mlb.com.            216     IN      CNAME   mlb.mlb.com.edgesuite.net.
mlb.mlb.com.edgesuite.net. 19493 IN     CNAME   a1321.g.akamai.net.
a1321.g.akamai.net.     20      IN      A       89.149.169.89
a1321.g.akamai.net.     20      IN      A       89.149.169.97

...but what could that have to do with hema.nl?  If you call them again, see if mentioning "Prolexic" elicits a response.

[Edit.--Ah, yes, kept the speculative bit but left out the useful part.  Have you tried telling the router to use, say, OpenDNS's name servers (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) instead?]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: September 17, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »

Better?

Sheee-it.  I'm a-fixing to open a matroyshka doll DWP of whoop-ass on their pale asses.  Tell them funny talkin' Euros to git while the gittin' is good.  And leave the vodka on the porch next to Skeeter. 

Local vernacular'd
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: September 17, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »
I have friends coming into town the weekend of the Bears-Vikings game who would like to join us at the game. Problem is, my four seats are spoken for. I know it's a mid-October day, should be about as ideal a day for football (and pre-Cubs game drinking), but does anyone have between 2 and 4 that they need to sell? Let me know what you'd want for them.

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: September 17, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »
I need some advice from you gentlemen on this, "the only site..."

First, two facts:

1.  Like most people on this site, I hate Jim Edmonds.  I like when he hits well-timed homers, but I hate his half-shirt-wearin', collie-humpin' unnecessary-divin' ass.
2.  I have bleacher seats for tonight's game.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some shit from my storage area and uncovered two, mint condition Cubs little league jerseys (1984-style) I have kept for some reason.  Both have my name on the back.  One is a youth medium and the other is an adult large (I think I was given the only one they had left, despite my small frame, in Pony league).  I thought, "wow, these are pretty cool.  I can still fit into this Large one.  I should wear it tomorrow night, in an ironic/retro manner." 

In preparation for game, I thought that I better know whose number it is on the current Cubs.  How great if it was somebody obscure like Lester Strode or Ivan DeJesus!  Well, as you can probably guess, the number on the back of my little league jersey is 15 - a number, I just discovered, shared by JI.

The questions:  do I still wear it?  Since it has my name on it, is that a no-no (as Bill Simmons would assert) or, since it is obviously a little league shirt, am I in the clear?  Am I a flaming homosexual for even putting this much thought into my outfit for tonight?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: September 17, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on September 17, 2008, 03:43:18 PM

First, two facts:

1.  Like most people on this site, I hate Jim Edmonds.  I like when he hits well-timed homers, but I hate his half-shirt-wearin', collie-humpin' unnecessary-divin' ass.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some shit from my storage area and uncovered two, mint condition Cubs little league jerseys (1984-style) I have kept for some reason.  Both have my name on the back.  One is a youth medium and the other is an adult large (I think I was given the only one they had left, despite my small frame, in Pony league).  I thought, "wow, these are pretty cool.  I can still fit into this Large one.  I should wear it tomorrow night, in an ironic/retro manner." 

In preparation for game, I thought that I better know whose number it is on the current Cubs.  How great if it was somebody obscure like Lester Strode or Ivan DeJesus!  Well, as you can probably guess, the number on the back of my little league jersey is 15 - a number, I just discovered, shared by JI.

The questions:  do I still wear it?  Since it has my name on it, is that a no-no (as Bill Simmons would assert) or, since it is obviously a little league shirt, am I in the clear?  Am I a flaming homosexual for even putting this much thought into my outfit for tonight?

Both of these are yes.

And I should know...
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: September 17, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

First, two facts:

I think you should go wearing the youth medium.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: September 17, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
I think the gayest thing is that you didn't already know Edmonds' number.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on September 17, 2008, 03:46:29 PM

First, two facts:

I think you should go wearing the youth medium.

Then what will Oleg wear?

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2008, 04:12:23 PM »

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some shit from my storage area and uncovered two, mint condition Cubs little league jerseys

I too was on the "Cubs" in my hometown for Little League.  However, for whatever reason, our color was green.

According to the braintrust in Black Lung, IL:

Cubs = Green
Sox = Powder blue
Yankees = Dark blue
Giants = Yellow
Tigers = Orange
Dodgers = Red

No wonder we all sucked.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: September 17, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »
Quote from: The Uncouth Sloth on September 17, 2008, 04:12:23 PM

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some shit from my storage area and uncovered two, mint condition Cubs little league jerseys

I too was on the "Cubs" in my hometown for Little League.  However, for whatever reason, our color was green.

According to the braintrust in Black Lung, IL:

Cubs = Green
Sox = Powder blue
Yankees = Dark blue
Giants = Yellow
Tigers = Orange
Dodgers = Red

No wonder we all sucked.

Right....It was the shirt color.