News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,481 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #795 on: October 04, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on October 04, 2008, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 04, 2008, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2008, 12:07:59 PM
Probably been asked before, but I'm no Thrillho as far as searching the archives:

I have some friends coming in to town sometime next month, and they're asking about good places to stay. They're looking for the best combo of affordability and location (probably near some form of public transportation, and close to the actual city). I've never booked a hotel in or near the city, so I'm kinda at a loss here.

Any suggestions?

I stayed at the Club Quarters when I was up there earlier.  Relatively inexpensive, and it's right in the middle of the loop.

As a bonus, all of their internet friends will think they're staying at a gay bathhouse.

I assumed that's the experience they were looking for.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: October 04, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 04, 2008, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2008, 12:41:24 PM
Thanks guys.

And, assuming your friends are like you (Yeti, pay attention), the hotel Tonker stayed at is like 4 blocks or so south of boystown.

Duly noted Gnoleg

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: October 04, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
Here's a question for the only site I'll ever need:

Why the hell do they play Hava Nagila at Miller Park? 

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: October 04, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »
Quote from: smg on October 04, 2008, 07:40:45 PM

Celebrating Ryan Braun's heritage.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »

Desipio researchers espouse two different, yet compatible, theories:

1) What Slaky said

2) Massive guilt

Adding... What Wheezer said, too.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on October 04, 2008, 07:57:30 PM

1) What Slaky said

Perhaps a coincidence.  Perhaps a sign.

"DID YOU KNOW:  When Lowenstein came up with the Indians, the organist at Muncipal Stadium used to play 'Hava Nagila' when he came to bat, assuming that he was Jewish.  Informed that he wasn't, the organist began playing 'Jesus Christ Superstar' before Lowenstein's at bats instead."

[Further edit.--"[June 4] 1968 -- Just recalled from Triple-A Buffalo, Mike Epstein hits a two-run homer in the sixth inning to give the Washington Senators a 4-2 victory over the Oakland A's.  The D.C. Stadium organist plays 'Hava Nagila' as Epstein rounds the bases." (Day by Day in Jewish Sports History by Bob Wechsler, p. 156.)  This is seeming a touch more like a "locus classicus," as it were.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 04, 2008, 08:11:24 PM

1) What Slaky said

"DID YOU KNOW:  When Lowenstein came up with the Indians, the organist at Muncipal Stadium used to play 'Hava Nagila' when he came to bat, assuming that he was Jewish.  Informed that he wasn't, the organist began playing 'Jesus Christ Superstar' before Lowenstein's at bats instead."

[Further edit.--"[June 4] 1968 -- Just recalled from Triple-A Buffalo, Mike Epstein hits a two-run homer in the sixth inning to give the Washington Senators a 4-2 victory over the Oakland A's.  The D.C. Stadium organist plays 'Hava Nagila' as Epstein rounds the bases." (Day by Day in Jewish Sports History by Bob Wechsler, p. 156.)  This is seeming a touch more like a "locus classicus," as it were.]

How the hell is a guy names Lowenstein not Jewish?

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: October 06, 2008, 09:43:04 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 06, 2008, 09:38:32 AM

1) What Slaky said

His old man probably married a goyim.

I used to play pee-wee football with a kid who's last name was "Ottenstein".  On Sundays, I would see him at mass.  Traditonally, people follow the mother's religion, no?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: October 06, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on October 06, 2008, 09:43:04 AM

1) What Slaky said

I used to play pee-wee football with a kid who's last name was "Ottenstein".  On Sundays, I would see him at mass.  Traditonally, people follow the mother's religion, no?

I would think anyone named Lowenstein (or Ottenstein) wouldn't have a choice, no matter how much of a religion-traitor the father decided to be.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 06, 2008, 09:45:00 AM

1) What Slaky said

I would think anyone named Lowenstein (or Ottenstein) wouldn't have a choice, no matter how much of a religion-traitor the father decided to be.

I was lucky to be given the freedom to choose my religion (none), but my mother and father are of different upbringings. I don't know if they were just lazy but thank Xerxes I never had to go to Zoroastrian Temple nor to the Latvian Orthodox church. I mean, I like the hats and all - but that's just too much studying.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: October 06, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

1) What Slaky said

That's "shiksa".  But who cares?  Its' going to be a long winter.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: October 06, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 06, 2008, 09:45:00 AM

1) What Slaky said

Anyone?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: October 06, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on October 06, 2008, 09:51:23 AM

1) What Slaky said

Also, goyim is plural. But don't take it from me...I'm a total kraut.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
Quote from: Jon on October 06, 2008, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on October 06, 2008, 09:51:23 AM

1) What Slaky said

Also, goyim is plural. But don't take it from me...I'm a total kraut.

"Goyim" is the Yiddish word for "nations", suggesting everyone except Jews, who of course, were stateless when the word evolved from Hebrew and German.   It was their way of saying "the others", or "everyone else".  It is plural.  The singular form is "Goy", which logically suggests one nation, but actually means one non-Jewish person.  It is literally not an insult, except that by usage it is somewhat derogatory because the context is generally xenophobic.  More insulting is "shaygetz", a male non-Jew, and "shiksa", a female.  But "shiksa" also has an ingratiating context, as in any good looking blonde.  (With the exception of Scarlett Johanssen, who happens to be Jewish because her mother is.  And now we have come full circle.  Who can doubt that this is the only site we will ever need?)
Life is too short to be a Cub fan