News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,132 )

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on October 06, 2008, 12:39:28 PM
Quote from: Jon on October 06, 2008, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on October 06, 2008, 09:51:23 AM
Quote from: Mike D on October 06, 2008, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: Oleg on October 06, 2008, 09:38:32 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 04, 2008, 08:11:24 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on October 04, 2008, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: smg on October 04, 2008, 07:40:45 PM
Why the hell do they play Hava Nagila at Miller Park? 

Desipio researchers espouse two different, yet compatible, theories:

1) What Slaky said

Perhaps a coincidence.  Perhaps a sign.

"DID YOU KNOW:  When Lowenstein came up with the Indians, the organist at Muncipal Stadium used to play 'Hava Nagila' when he came to bat, assuming that he was Jewish.  Informed that he wasn't, the organist began playing 'Jesus Christ Superstar' before Lowenstein's at bats instead."

[Further edit.--"[June 4] 1968 -- Just recalled from Triple-A Buffalo, Mike Epstein hits a two-run homer in the sixth inning to give the Washington Senators a 4-2 victory over the Oakland A's.  The D.C. Stadium organist plays 'Hava Nagila' as Epstein rounds the bases." (Day by Day in Jewish Sports History by Bob Wechsler, p. 156.)  This is seeming a touch more like a "locus classicus," as it were.]

How the hell is a guy names Lowenstein not Jewish?

His old man probably married a goyim.

I used to play pee-wee football with a kid who's last name was "Ottenstein".  On Sundays, I would see him at mass.  Traditonally, people follow the mother's religion, no?

That's "shiksa".  But who cares?  Its' going to be a long winter.

Also, goyim is plural. But don't take it from me...I'm a total kraut.

"Goyim" is the Yiddish word for "nations", suggesting everyone except Jews, who of course, were stateless when the word evolved from Hebrew and German.   It was their way of saying "the others", or "everyone else".  It is plural.  The singular form is "Goy", which logically suggests one nation, but actually means one non-Jewish person.  It is literally not an insult, except that by usage it is somewhat derogatory because the context is generally xenophobic.  More insulting is "shaygetz", a male non-Jew, and "shiksa", a female.  But "shiksa" also has an ingratiating context, as in any good looking blonde.  (With the exception of Scarlett Johanssen, who happens to be Jewish because her mother is.  And now we have come full circle.  Who can doubt that this is the only site we will ever need?)

Friday night we'll be drinkin' Manischewitz
Goin' out to terrorize goyim
Stompin' shaygetz, screwin' shicksas
As long as we're home by Saturday mornin'

All I ever needed to know about Judaica I learned from NOFX.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on October 06, 2008, 12:49:47 PM

1) What Slaky said

"DID YOU KNOW:  When Lowenstein came up with the Indians, the organist at Muncipal Stadium used to play 'Hava Nagila' when he came to bat, assuming that he was Jewish.  Informed that he wasn't, the organist began playing 'Jesus Christ Superstar' before Lowenstein's at bats instead."

[Further edit.--"[June 4] 1968 -- Just recalled from Triple-A Buffalo, Mike Epstein hits a two-run homer in the sixth inning to give the Washington Senators a 4-2 victory over the Oakland A's.  The D.C. Stadium organist plays 'Hava Nagila' as Epstein rounds the bases." (Day by Day in Jewish Sports History by Bob Wechsler, p. 156.)  This is seeming a touch more like a "locus classicus," as it were.]

I used to play pee-wee football with a kid who's last name was "Ottenstein".  On Sundays, I would see him at mass.  Traditonally, people follow the mother's religion, no?

"Goyim" is the Yiddish word for "nations", suggesting everyone except Jews, who of course, were stateless when the word evolved from Hebrew and German.   It was their way of saying "the others", or "everyone else".  It is plural.  The singular form is "Goy", which logically suggests one nation, but actually means one non-Jewish person.  It is literally not an insult, except that by usage it is somewhat derogatory because the context is generally xenophobic.  More insulting is "shaygetz", a male non-Jew, and "shiksa", a female.  But "shiksa" also has an ingratiating context, as in any good looking blonde.  (With the exception of Scarlett Johanssen, who happens to be Jewish because her mother is.  And now we have come full circle.  Who can doubt that this is the only site we will ever need?)

So, you're not a big Jewdriver fan?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2008, 03:24:25 PM »
Quote from: Jon on October 06, 2008, 03:04:37 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on October 06, 2008, 12:49:47 PM

1) What Slaky said

So, you're not a big Jewdriver fan?

Wikipedia informs me that Jewdriver is not notable.

So, though their name gives me a chuckle (oy oy oy!), I don't think I'm allowed to give them the time of day.

Yidcore, on the other hand, appears to be acceptable.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
The singular form is "Goy", which logically suggests one nation, but actually means one non-Jewish person.  It is literally not an insult, except that by usage it is somewhat derogatory because the context is generally xenophobic.

Just like 'shvartzer'!
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #814 on: October 07, 2008, 12:36:08 AM »
I just want to say, I used "goy" in conversation tonight with a Jewish female.  She totally understood.  I feel as if I have unlocked a door.  Thank you only site I'll ever need. 

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: October 07, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on October 07, 2008, 12:36:08 AM
I just want to say, I used "goy" in conversation tonight with a Jewish female.  She totally understood.  I feel as if I have unlocked a door.  Thank you only site I'll ever need. 

Jewish girls love taking it in the ass, from what I've heard as well.

So you may well have opened two doors tonight.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: October 07, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 07, 2008, 01:18:06 AM
Quote from: powen01 on October 07, 2008, 12:36:08 AM

Jewish girls love taking it in the ass, from what I've heard as well.

So you may well have opened two doors tonight.

Who takes it more up the hershey highway?  Jew-bitches or Mormons?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: October 07, 2008, 07:31:22 AM »

I'm still waiting for this exchange to rise to the level of lima beans.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 07, 2008, 07:31:22 AM

Will this help?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #819 on: October 07, 2008, 09:16:25 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 07, 2008, 08:14:20 AM

Will this help?

Probably not here, but around the office, yes.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: October 07, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM
The singular form is "Goy", which logically suggests one nation, but actually means one non-Jewish person.  It is literally not an insult, except that by usage it is somewhat derogatory because the context is generally xenophobic.

Just like 'shvartzer'!

That one really pisses my girlfriend off. A lot.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #821 on: October 07, 2008, 09:36:36 AM »
Quote from: Jon on October 07, 2008, 09:23:44 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM

Just like 'shvartzer'!

That one really pisses my girlfriend off. A lot.

Tell her to read this article:  http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE6D8123EF93BA25752C1A96F948260

In Peru, white people are referred to as "gringos", aboriginals are referred to as "cholos" and blacks are called -gasp- "sambos".  In Lima, fans of Alianza Lima (a soccer team) go watch the game in a predominantly black neighborhood called "La Victoria".  The team used to be solely comprised of black players.  Anyway, you walk into the stands and friends of different colors will say "Hey gringo" and "Hey sambo" to their friends as greetings.  For someone who had the book "Little Black Sambo" in his house growing up, it was a tad disconcerting, but eventually seemed normal...

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: October 07, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 07, 2008, 08:14:20 AM

Will this help?

What I meant was "address the issue of the digestibility of lima beans."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: October 09, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »
As this is the only site I need,   I have 2 additional tickets for the NU MSU game this Saturday at 2:30 (you're supposed to wear purple).  Tickets are at the 15 yard line 20 rows up.  E-mail me if you have any interest (I can drop them off if you are in the loop).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: October 22, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »
I figure this may have been covered somewhere at some point in time but a friend of mine at work showed me a way to get around the filters that can prevent effectively being able to youtube it... or even redtube it. http://www.headproxy.com/ I'm not sure of the security of this site but it seems to work fine. Just type the address you want and it navigates through via Head proxy. Hope this helps to encourage the JOing at work.