News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 636,945 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #840 on: October 29, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on October 29, 2008, 03:41:01 PM
Anyone have a favorite free FTP client for Windows?

SmartFTP?

FileZilla?

Something else?

Here are more options.

But...Filezilla.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #841 on: October 29, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »

SmartFTP?

FileZilla?

Something else?

If you have FireFox, FireFTP kicks ass.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #842 on: October 29, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
Thanks, guys.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #843 on: October 29, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

SmartFTP?

FileZilla?

Something else?

If i knew what an FTP client actually did, then I'd be fully willing to help, but yet i'm just a moran when it comes to above basic computer knowledge

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #844 on: October 29, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 29, 2008, 06:10:34 PM

SmartFTP?

FileZilla?

Something else?

If i knew what an FTP client actually did, then I'd be fully willing to help, but yet i'm just a moran when it comes to above basic computer knowledge

Just ignore it, it's a thing for straight dudes.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #845 on: October 30, 2008, 01:08:57 AM »

Your browser can't parse "ftp://"?  For that matter, hasn't there been a perfectly serviceable command-line implementation since NT 4 at least?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #846 on: November 04, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »
I wear glasses a lot of the time, and I'm looking to get contacts so I don't have to deal with the frames anymore.  Anyone here have any recommendations about daily disposables, weekly disposables, etc.?  I'm a big girl and I'm scared to touch my eye, so I want this to be easy.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #847 on: November 04, 2008, 03:07:20 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 04, 2008, 03:01:48 PM
I wear glasses a lot of the time, and I'm looking to get contacts so I don't have to deal with the frames anymore.  Anyone here have any recommendations about daily disposables, weekly disposables, etc.?  I'm a big girl and I'm scared to touch my eye, so I want this to be easy.

Stop being a sopping pussy.  Your eye doc will suggest a brand (probably AccuVue).  I have 14 day contacts.  I think I'm going on my 3rd month of wearing them.  Take them out every night and soak them and they'll last a long time.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #848 on: November 04, 2008, 03:13:48 PM »

I got Lasik done at TLC in Westchester.  Changed my life.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #849 on: November 04, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 04, 2008, 03:07:20 PM
Stop being a sopping pussy. 

That's really all I needed.  Thanks.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #850 on: November 04, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 04, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Stop being a sopping pussy.  Your eye doc will suggest a brand (probably AccuVue).  I have 14 day contacts.  I think I'm going on my 3rd month of wearing them.  Take them out every night and soak them and they'll last a long time.

I can sympathize with Eli because I just got glasses in April, but I already wouldn't mind shedding them for contacts. Just the thought of placing something on my eye just messes with my head so I hesitate mainly for that reason.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #851 on: November 04, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »
The weekly are a little more sturdy and sometimes recommended for a beginner because they can handle rougher handling. But they require more work as far as keeping clean and solutions.
Once you get use to working with them daily disposable is the only way to go. Wear them, throw them away, put in a new pair. No solutions, a clean fresh pair every day. If you lose or tear one no big deal. A little more expensive to start but you make part of that up in solutions.
As far as sticking fingers and such in your eyes believe me you'll get used to it.

And just wait till you pass out some night with them in and with a hangover have to first find, and then peel the half dried ones off your eyeballs when you wake up.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #852 on: November 04, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
I had PRK four years ago - worst pain of my life.  Just excruciatingly painful for two days.  But no more contacts.

How does this help you?  It doesn't.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #853 on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:02 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on November 04, 2008, 03:32:56 PM
I had PRK haemorrhoids four years ago - worst pain of my life.  Just excruciatingly painful for two days.  But no more contacts vindaloos.

How does this help you?  It doesn't.

Real pain'd
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #854 on: November 06, 2008, 04:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Zed on November 04, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

I got Lasik done at TLC in Westchester.  Changed my life.

Are you awake/cognizant while this is going on? The thought of seeing a laser shooting into my eye kinda freaks me out. But I miss waking up and seeing where I'm going until I put on my specs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16