News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,735 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #885 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 13, 2008, 02:35:05 AM
I didn't attempt to rename them at the same time, but I did in fact try a wildcard copy from the command line, whereupon I was told that the system could not find the files.

The problem was solved by getting a new copy of the disc with appropriately-named files, but the episode still had me shaking my mighty fist at Microsoft.

(The only comparable experience I've had with a Mac is receiving a file whose filename begins with a period, which causes OS X to treat it as a hidden file.)

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #886 on: November 13, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 13, 2008, 11:11:34 AM
Quote from: Thrillho on November 13, 2008, 02:35:05 AM
I didn't attempt to rename them at the same time, but I did in fact try a wildcard copy from the command line, whereupon I was told that the system could not find the files.

The problem was solved by getting a new copy of the disc with appropriately-named files, but the episode still had me shaking my mighty fist at Microsoft.

(The only comparable experience I've had with a Mac is receiving a file whose filename begins with a period, which causes OS X to treat it as a hidden file.)

FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: November 14, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
Music people, I need some recs. 

I'm compiling a year-end highlight video for work, which is going to have photos and video footage our athletes, as well as organizational highlights.  You know, one of those fun, montage-type things.  What I need is a song that would go along with the video. 

Criteria:

1. Needs to have that nice poppy, arena-rock feel to it.  Something good, but also accessible to the general population -- like a Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Matchbox 20 sound (not that all of those bands are good).  Upbeat, but not too heavy.  You get the idea.  I'm not aiming for music appreciation here.
2. I'd like the song to be relatively recent, within the last year or two, if possible.
3. No swearing, since this has to appeal to all ages
4. About 4-5 minutes long

Any ideas?  I'm completely out of touch with the current pop scene, so I have no idea what would work. 

I probably should have just PM'd Slaky.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: November 14, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2008, 11:44:31 AM

I'm compiling a year-end highlight video for work, which is going to have photos and video footage our athletes, as well as organizational highlights.  You know, one of those fun, montage-type things.  What I need is a song that would go along with the video. 

Criteria:

1. Needs to have that nice poppy, arena-rock feel to it.  Something good, but also accessible to the general population -- like a Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Matchbox 20 sound (not that all of those bands are good).  Upbeat, but not too heavy.  You get the idea.  I'm not aiming for music appreciation here.
2. I'd like the song to be relatively recent, within the last year or two, if possible.

Any ideas?  I'm completely out of touch with the current pop scene, so I have no idea what would work. 

Pop songs from the last two years? I am not your man.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: November 14, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 14, 2008, 11:47:02 AM
I am not your man.

The five most disappointing words I've ever heard.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2008, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: 5laky on November 14, 2008, 11:47:02 AM
I am not your man.

The five most disappointing words I've ever heard.

Mine were "Why is it so small?"

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: November 14, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

Criteria:

Good arena rock within the last 2 years?  Unpossible.

Crappy bubblegum arena music?  Options aplenty.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: November 14, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »

Criteria:

I'd recommend AxCx, but their only recent release was a bonus track–filled re-release of a 2001 EP.
FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #893 on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »

Criteria:

Within the last couple years, I might not be able to do that well.. My senior year of high school, this guy put together a highlight film of our football season with some pretty good songs. I'll have to scan through it tonight. This was from 2003 and there were a couple songs that were newer but there was some older stuff thrown in there, like the traditional AC/DC. I can remember off the top of my head that Linkin Park was on there, as well as Nickelback.

I can think of a couple that *may* work:
Finger Eleven "Paralyzer"
Nickelback "Rockstar"

I'm not 100% if these will work, but they're a couple ideas I guess.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: November 14, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 14, 2008, 11:59:56 AM

Criteria:

I'd recommend AxCx, but their only recent release was a bonus track–filled re-release of a 2001 EP.

My favorite tune of their's is "You went to see Dishwalla and Everclear. You're Gay."

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: November 14, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »
Eli, why don't you just use Viva la Vida by Coldplay? I think it's harmless enough and should get the job done.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: November 14, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 14, 2008, 11:59:56 AM

Criteria:

Even though the music is something I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy, I am very intrigued on hearing some stuff of these guys. It might be a good laugh

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 14, 2008, 12:04:50 PM

If we're just gonna suggest totally made-up up song and band names, I'll go ahead and suggest "Toothbrush Connection" by Tuna Regime.

Nickelback "Rockstar"

I'm gonna go ahead and pretend you never wrote this.
FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: November 14, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 14, 2008, 12:13:13 PM

If we're just gonna suggest totally made-up up song and band names, I'll go ahead and suggest "Toothbrush Connection" by Tuna Regime.

Nickelback "Rockstar"

I'm gonna go ahead and pretend you never wrote this.

I love "Sound Contest" by Meaningful Coke Patrol.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 14, 2008, 12:06:09 PM
Eli, why don't you just use Viva la Vida by Coldplay? I think it's harmless enough and should get the job done.

Yeah, I might as well just get it over with.  That's the cheesy arena song of 2008, right?