News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,284 )

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #900 on: November 14, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2008, 12:25:05 PM
Quote from: 5laky on November 14, 2008, 12:06:09 PM
Eli, why don't you just use Viva la Vida by Coldplay? I think it's harmless enough and should get the job done.

Yeah, I might as well just get it over with.  That's the cheesy arena song of 2008, right?

Pretty much, yeah.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: November 14, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
By the way, saw this band on the double door marquee a couple months ago:

Coldcock Jones and the Shithawks.

You should check them out.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: November 14, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
How about "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: November 14, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »
And I'm joking.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: November 15, 2008, 01:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2008, 11:44:31 AM
I'm compiling a year-end highlight video for work, which is going to have photos and video footage our athletes, as well as organizational highlights.  You know, one of those fun, montage-type things.  What I need is a song that would go along with the video.

Criteria:

1. Needs to have that nice poppy, arena-rock feel to it.  Something good, but also accessible to the general population -- like a Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Matchbox 20 sound (not that all of those bands are good).  Upbeat, but not too heavy.  You get the idea.  I'm not aiming for music appreciation here.
2. I'd like the song to be relatively recent, within the last year or two, if possible.
3. No swearing, since this has to appeal to all ages
4. About 4-5 minutes long

The latter is simple psychological projection.  Stay on target, Gold Leader.

Either that, or just use a Counting Crows cover of "Meet on the Ledge," which at least has a pedigree.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #905 on: November 15, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 15, 2008, 01:53:44 AM
I'm compiling a year-end highlight video for work, which is going to have photos and video footage our athletes, as well as organizational highlights.  You know, one of those fun, montage-type things.  What I need is a song that would go along with the video.

Criteria:

1. Needs to have that nice poppy, arena-rock feel to it.  Something good, but also accessible to the general population -- like a Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Matchbox 20 sound (not that all of those bands are good).  Upbeat, but not too heavy.  You get the idea.  I'm not aiming for music appreciation here.
2. I'd like the song to be relatively recent, within the last year or two, if possible.

Either that, or just use a Counting Crows cover of "Meet on the Ledge," which at least has a pedigree.

Use a clean version of Lil Wayne's stuff if you want to be progressive (I know you said arena rock, but arena's don't just play ROCK anymore, ya know?).  Or just go and be the wedding reception DJ and pick something from 3 Doors Down...  Guh.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: November 15, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on November 15, 2008, 10:02:42 AM

Criteria:

Use a clean version of Lil Wayne's stuff if you want to be progressive (I know you said arena rock, but arena's don't just play ROCK anymore, ya know?).  Or just go and be the wedding reception DJ and pick something from 3 Doors Down...  Guh.

This is apparently going to be a tennis video for Whitey. Eli already nixed Kanye for this very reason.

Puddle of Mudd it is, then.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #907 on: November 15, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 15, 2008, 10:11:16 AM

Criteria:

This is apparently going to be a tennis video for Whitey. Eli already nixed Kanye for this very reason.

Whoa.  Let's get edgy then.  Howsabout Paramore... or Fall Out Boy?

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: November 15, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on November 15, 2008, 10:15:50 AM

Criteria:

I hear the kids like the Good Charlotte.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #909 on: November 15, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 15, 2008, 10:16:32 AM

Criteria:

Not as much as they like Avril:

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: November 15, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on November 15, 2008, 10:20:10 AM

Criteria:

Not as much as they like the Avril:

Why won't you play along'd?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #911 on: November 15, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 15, 2008, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: powen01 on November 15, 2008, 10:20:10 AM

Criteria:

Not as much as they like the Avril:

Why won't you play along'd?

I was being the serious.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: November 15, 2008, 11:26:41 AM »
Like I said, just slap "We Will Rock You" in there, and take the rest of the afternoon off.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Jared

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: November 15, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
shut up paul you're a douche

I don't get it. Why is that funny?

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: November 15, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »
Quote from: Jared on November 15, 2008, 05:43:52 PM
shut up paul you're a douche

I don't get it. Why is that funny?

Its just a "warm" way of welcoming you to the board.  I didn't want to post it in the other thread cause it seemed mean considering the post I had just made in that thread.  Here's hoping you have a pleasant stay Jared my friend!
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87