News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,530 )

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1005 on: November 25, 2008, 05:11:25 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 25, 2008, 01:56:21 PM
Quote from: Simmer on November 25, 2008, 12:37:53 PM
Congrats to RD for being a first-time entry into the market game, and good luck on your purchase.  Thanks to all the replies too, this has been some very helpful and worthwhile information.

I know this isn't a spam comment, but it sure reads like one.

Intrepid Reader:  Obi-Wan Spamnobi

Which is more spamish, the spam, or the spam reply that follows it?
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: November 25, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
Anyone know where to find a video of Keith Traylor's hilarious interception return from 2001?  I've got someone here who has never seen it before.  Youtube is failing me.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: November 25, 2008, 11:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2008, 11:18:47 PM
Anyone know where to find a video of Keith Traylor's hilarious interception return from 2001?  I've got someone here who has never seen it before.  Youtube is failing me.

I actually might have a picture cut out of the Tribune of that play in a box somewhere. Is that something you'd be interested in? I kept it on my fridge for years, in hopes of dissuading myself from eating late at night. Didn't work.

http://cltv.trb.com/cs-020106bearsjaguarsgamer,1,3183616.story

QuotePlayers understood the significance of a bye week followed by a home game.

"Regardless of the conditions [in Chicago], we've got the bye week," said linebacker Rosevelt Colvin (FROM?), who contributed one of four sacks by the defense and finished the season with a team-high 10.5. "Whoever we're going to play is going to have to come into Soldier Field."

NFC home playoff teams are a combined 10-0 the last two seasons. As important for this team, the Jauron Bears are 4-0 after weeks off, including two wins this season.

"I just look at the records. Most teams that come out with a bye usually win their first playoff game, so I'll take my chances," said defensive end Phillip Daniels.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: November 25, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 25, 2008, 11:33:47 PM

I actually might have a picture cut out of the Tribune of that play in a box somewhere. Is that something you'd be interested in? I kept it on my fridge for years, in hopes of dissuading myself from eating late at night. Didn't work.

Is that the picture where he looks terrified to have the ball and his eyes are wide open?  I still remember that one.  Great photo.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: November 26, 2008, 06:54:31 AM »
Just wanted to give a thanks to all the housing advice from everyone.  I will let you know how we go.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: November 26, 2008, 07:17:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2008, 11:56:41 PM

Is that the picture where he looks terrified to have the ball and his eyes are wide open?  I still remember that one.  Great photo.

That's the one. Though I thought he looked that way because he was about to pass out. Mike Brown was behind him, pushing and was totally eclipsed by Planet Keith. He and Big Ted were an immovable force up front.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1011 on: November 26, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 26, 2008, 07:17:10 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2008, 11:56:41 PM

That's the one. Though I thought he looked that way because he was about to pass out. Mike Brown was behind him, pushing and was totally eclipsed by Planet Keith. He and Big Ted were an immovable force up front.

Urlacher misses that immovable force.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: November 29, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »
Do any of you guys speak Italian? Or know someone that does? I have some relatives in town from Sicily, which is cool except we won't be able to talk to each other. It could make things awkward when I start yelling and talking slowly in a desperate attempt to make them understand me.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: November 29, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
Quote from: butthead on November 29, 2008, 12:11:48 PM
Do any of you guys speak Italian? Or know someone that does? I have some relatives in town from Sicily, which is cool except we won't be able to talk to each other. It could make things awkward when I start yelling and talking slowly in a desperate attempt to make them understand me.

I studied abroad in Itally, but only came out of the experience knowing: a) that everything in the country is called questo, questo, questi or queste; b) how to order an establishment's vino rosso meno caro; and c) that authentic pronunciation of the article gli isn't even worth attempting.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: December 01, 2008, 05:39:11 AM »

Have you tried hand gestures? I hear the Italians are good at that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:54 AM »

Surely, editions of the Divine Comedy with Italian verso and English recto are available.  Think of it as a phrase book.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: December 01, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

Are you asking for a translator, or for someone to teach you Italian?

Because I can't help you with either.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: December 01, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »
Well my cousin's English improved enough from my visit to Sicily six years ago that we were able to get through the day without too much confusion, and I found a Northwestern student from Sicily that agreed to have dinner with us and translate, so it all worked out fine. In case you all were worried.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1018 on: December 07, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
My DVD has stopped working, so I need a new one and was thinking about upgrading to Blu-Ray since there are a few good holiday deals right now.  Two questions, since I'm a moran about electronics:

1. I have a 32-inch LCD, and I've been reading that Blu-Ray might not make a difference on a smallish TV like that.  Should I bother investing in the more expensive technology if I'm not planning on buying a new TV anytime soon?  Would a 37 or 42 inch screen be that much better/noticeable?

2. Is Blu-Ray the kind of thing that is going to be considered outdated in five years, or is it going to be around for a while?  I'd hate to start building a movie collection of Blu-Rays and have it go obsolete in a few years.

I feel like Blu-Ray has been discussed at length around here before, but I can't find the thread.  Any advice is appreciated.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: December 07, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 07, 2008, 05:22:36 PM
My DVD has stopped working, so I need a new one and was thinking about upgrading to Blu-Ray since there are a few good holiday deals right now.  Two questions, since I'm a moran about electronics:

1. I have a 32-inch LCD, and I've been reading that Blu-Ray might not make a difference on a smallish TV like that.  Should I bother investing in the more expensive technology if I'm not planning on buying a new TV anytime soon?  Would a 37 or 42 inch screen be that much better/noticeable?

2. Is Blu-Ray the kind of thing that is going to be considered outdated in five years, or is it going to be around for a while?  I'd hate to start building a movie collection of Blu-Rays and have it go obsolete in a few years.

I feel like Blu-Ray has been discussed at length around here before, but I can't find the thread.  Any advice is appreciated.

My limited knowledge says this: If you're TV isn't 1080p, don't waste your time or money. If you do, then I think it would be good. My sister and brother-in-law have a Blu-Ray player with 1080p Samsung TV and we watched Bee Movie with my niece a few weeks ago. The detail was just absolutely astonishing.