News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,551 )

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1080 on: January 24, 2009, 08:38:39 PM »
Matte is not an option on the new 15" Macbook Pros -- it is on the brand new 17"ers, which aren't shipping yet.  I got the nicer version of the 15" (there are two models), and upgraded the hard drive.  It comes with memory maxed out.  I did not upgrade to the fastest processor (another custom option) -- this is a very speedy computer as it is, and I don't do a lot of gaming, video editing, etc., such that I would need it.  I run Windows Vista via VMWare Fusion, solely because I have 4 years worth of financial data on Quicken (I used to have both a PC and a Mac), and, unlike most other programs I've ever used, there is no decent Mac-compatible equivalent, although Intuit should be coming out with one this summer.  

I love Love LOVE this machine.

(I got the Mac version of the Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard (it's bluetooth) to use when I'm at my desk.  Highly recommended.)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1081 on: January 24, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Quote from: smg on January 24, 2009, 08:38:39 PM
Matte is not an option on the new 15" Macbook Pros -- it is on the brand new 17"ers, which aren't shipping yet.  I got the nicer version of the 15" (there are two models), and upgraded the hard drive.  It comes with memory maxed out.  I did not upgrade to the fastest processor (another custom option) -- this is a very speedy computer as it is, and I don't do a lot of gaming, video editing, etc., such that I would need it.  I run Windows Vista via VMWare Fusion, solely because I have 4 years worth of financial data on Quicken (I used to have both a PC and a Mac), and, unlike most other programs I've ever used, there is no decent Mac-compatible equivalent, although Intuit should be coming out with one this summer.  

I love Love LOVE this machine.

(I got the Mac version of the Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard (it's bluetooth) to use when I'm at my desk.  Highly recommended.)

Thanks'd
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
Just picked up a used Macbook off craiglist as my first laptop and really like it. Not as big of a learning curve as I expected. Networking is ideal and so much easier than Windows.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

quixotic1x

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:26 PM »
Oleg gets himself in trouble when he goes off site...

http://ajroxmywhitesox.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/01/an_open_letter_to_bozos72.
Loosers always whine about their best, Winners go home and Fu*K the prom queen-Jim malone (Untouchables)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:17 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28896044/

"Some of Spirit's ads invite customers to enjoy its DD's (deep discounts) and "MILF" (many islands, low fare) specials — double entendres that also refer to large breasts and a crude acronym popularized in the 1999 movie "American Pie" that describes an attractive mother.

Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson said the union was consulted last year when the carrier began the discussion on selling apron ad space, and it raised no concerns. Pinson said some of the ads in question have been used for more than a year.

"Actually we've had great response from passengers that love the fares we offer through those promotions," Pinson said. "

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: January 29, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 29, 2009, 09:04:17 AM

"Some of Spirit's ads invite customers to enjoy its DD's (deep discounts) and "MILF" (many islands, low fare) specials — double entendres that also refer to large breasts and a crude acronym popularized in the 1999 movie "American Pie" that describes an attractive mother.

Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson said the union was consulted last year when the carrier began the discussion on selling apron ad space, and it raised no concerns. Pinson said some of the ads in question have been used for more than a year.

"Actually we've had great response from passengers that love the fares we offer through those promotions," Pinson said. "

Do you need help with something?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1087 on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 29, 2009, 09:18:19 AM
Quote from: BH on January 29, 2009, 09:04:17 AM

Do you need help with something?

Sure. Anyone know a Spirit insider to get further discounts on DD's or MILFs?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
I'm looking for a free FLV to MPEG converter for burning an internet video to DVD.

Any laptopsciencefags have any recommendations?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: January 29, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2009, 10:00:36 AM
I'm looking for a free FLV to MPEG converter for burning an internet video to DVD.

It should be pretty easy to do with SUPER which is a free badass media player/encoder/transcoder.

I've never used it specifically for that purpose, but it is probably your best shot.  If it doesn't work, let me know, and I can dig
up something else.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1090 on: January 29, 2009, 02:34:12 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 29, 2009, 10:26:33 AM

It should be pretty easy to do with SUPER which is a free badass media player/encoder/transcoder.

I've never used it specifically for that purpose, but it is probably your best shot.  If it doesn't work, let me know, and I can dig
up something else.

Does it work in reverse?  I have the full MPEG of Vin Scully from 1989 and would like to get in in FLV, but YouTube keeps deleting it for somethign silly like copywrite violations.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: January 29, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 29, 2009, 02:34:12 PM

up something else.

Does it work in reverse?  I have the full MPEG of Vin Scully from 1989 and would like to get in in FLV, but YouTube keeps deleting it for somethign silly like copywrite violations.

Yeah. That definitely sounds like an issue with the format.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: January 29, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »

up something else.

It should work fine.  Also, you should give me that MPEG.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: January 29, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 29, 2009, 02:56:05 PM

up something else.

I'd second the request.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: January 29, 2009, 04:11:35 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 29, 2009, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Pre on January 29, 2009, 02:56:05 PM

up something else.

I'd second the request.

You would?
Are you?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.