News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,103 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1230 on: March 20, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »
Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2009, 11:51:28 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 20, 2009, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: BH on March 20, 2009, 10:25:06 AM
Quote from: Pre on March 20, 2009, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: Tonker on March 20, 2009, 07:28:00 AM
Quote from: MAD on March 19, 2009, 11:39:47 AM
Screw the wedding talk.  Let's talk about Pre's bachelor party instead.

Two words :

Eastern.  Europe.

Krakow is fun, I've been there a few times.

Prague is ideal for this sort of activity.

I have heard that it's nearly impossible to beat Prague when it comes to cash-to-beer value.

I thought Budapest was the new Prague.

And Bucharest the new Budapest.

Is Istanbul the new Constantinople?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: March 20, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
That's nobody's business but the Turks.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on March 20, 2009, 04:24:11 PM
That's nobody's business but the Turks.

I'm wacky!
Hire Jim Essian!

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: March 20, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 20, 2009, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 20, 2009, 12:33:08 PM
As a Republican, it is my sacred duty to support all raclial and ethnic stereotypes.  Even when they are directed at me.

Is that romanian?

You know what they say about Transylvanians.

They can't type worth a damn.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: March 21, 2009, 01:59:19 AM »

Two words :

Eastern.  Europe.

I have heard that it's nearly impossible to beat Prague when it comes to cash-to-beer value.

Bratislava beats Prague in this department.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: March 21, 2009, 05:09:39 AM »
Quote from: RD on March 21, 2009, 01:59:19 AM

Two words :

Eastern.  Europe.

Bratislava beats Prague in this department.

I thought it was Myanmar?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
Pen, did you ever decide on a camera?  At some point, I think we're going to get one, and I love solicited advice.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: April 07, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 07, 2009, 10:50:39 AM
Pen, did you ever decide on a camera?  At some point, I think we're going to get one, and I love solicited advice.

I did indeed.

We ended up getting the Canon HF10.

I don't know why Amazon is listing it for $999, you can get it elsewhere for like half the price.

The good: It's very, very easy to use, compact (about the size of a can of soda/pop/Coke).

The one "bad" thing so far is that the files are really big. I took a 2 minute video of my daughter that I wanted to send to the grandparents. When I went to view the file on my computer (transferring from the camera is really easy on a PC running Vista or XP) the file was 150 MBs, shot in SP (which is the 2nd lowest of 4 quality options, though still HD).

The software that came with the camera let me convert it down to an MPEG but it was still about 16 MBs, too big to email.

So basically, if you want to share any videos more than about 30 seconds, you're going to need to upload them to youtube, which is fine, just not what I originally anticipated...though at least it spares me the hassle of having to explain to the over 60 crowd how to open Quicktime files.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: April 07, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 07, 2009, 11:03:47 AM

I did indeed.

I don't know why Amazon is listing it for $999, you can get it elsewhere for like half the price.

The good: It's very, very easy to use, compact (about the size of a can of soda/pop/Coke).

The one "bad" thing so far is that the files are really big. I took a 2 minute video of my daughter that I wanted to send to the grandparents. When I went to view the file on my computer (transferring from the camera is really easy on a PC running Vista or XP) the file was 150 MBs, shot in SP (which is the 2nd lowest of 4 quality options, though still HD).

The software that came with the camera let me convert it down to an MPEG but it was still about 16 MBs, too big to email.

So basically, if you want to share any videos more than about 30 seconds, you're going to need to upload them to youtube, which is fine, just not what I originally anticipated...though at least it spares me the hassle of having to explain to the over 60 crowd how to open Quicktime files.

Get Dropbox (http://www.getdropbox.com/pricing).  2GB of storage to share.  Essentially you just drop the file in and anyone you want can log in and watch it or download it.  It's pretty easy to use, and if they can operate extracting the file from an email, they should be able to figure this out.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: April 07, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »

I did indeed.

Blu-Ray burner is the way to go with the HF-10.  Also takes great stills.  Love the video but the shake stabilization software is pretty poor.  I'm always looking for a place to brace my elbow so as to not give everyone motion sickness when we watch it.

And no, I don't have early onset Parkinsons.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: April 07, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 07, 2009, 12:52:24 PM

I did indeed.

Blu-Ray burner is the way to go with the HF-10.  Also takes great stills.  Love the video but the shake stabilization software is pretty poor.  I'm always looking for a place to brace my elbow so as to not give everyone motion sickness when we watch it.

Blue-ray burner?
I'll just send out my butler to pick one up.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: April 07, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »

I did indeed.

Is it the DTs?

Thanks for the feedback, Pen.
Hire Jim Essian!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

I did indeed.

That's what your gut is for.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: April 07, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 07, 2009, 02:32:34 PM

I did indeed.

That's what your gut is for.

Chuck's gut is busy making well thought out decisions about baseball.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: April 07, 2009, 03:11:22 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 07, 2009, 01:03:37 PM
Is it the DTs?

Don't mistake "rum fits" for delirium tremens.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!