News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,613 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1245 on: April 07, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 07, 2009, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 07, 2009, 01:03:37 PM
Is it the DTs?

Don't mistake "rum fits" for delirium tremens.

I'm familiar with the Rum Fits, but I haven't heard any delerium tremens.  Their stuff any good?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1246 on: April 07, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 07, 2009, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 07, 2009, 01:03:37 PM
Is it the DTs?

Don't mistake "rum fits" for delirium tremens.

That's a good beer.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1247 on: April 07, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1248 on: April 07, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1249 on: April 08, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 07, 2009, 11:03:47 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 07, 2009, 10:50:39 AM
Pen, did you ever decide on a camera?  At some point, I think we're going to get one, and I love solicited advice.

I did indeed.

We ended up getting the Canon HF10.

I don't know why Amazon is listing it for $999, you can get it elsewhere for like half the price.

The good: It's very, very easy to use, compact (about the size of a can of soda/pop/Coke).

The one "bad" thing so far is that the files are really big. I took a 2 minute video of my daughter that I wanted to send to the grandparents. When I went to view the file on my computer (transferring from the camera is really easy on a PC running Vista or XP) the file was 150 MBs, shot in SP (which is the 2nd lowest of 4 quality options, though still HD).

The software that came with the camera let me convert it down to an MPEG but it was still about 16 MBs, too big to email.

So basically, if you want to share any videos more than about 30 seconds, you're going to need to upload them to youtube, which is fine, just not what I originally anticipated...though at least it spares me the hassle of having to explain to the over 60 crowd how to open Quicktime files.

I have a very similar camera, the Canon Vixia HG21.  It's the one with the 120GB HDD.  For the video size issue, in addition to dropbox, I recommend the free MPEG Streamclip.  Export your video as MP4 H.264, lower the resolution if necessary, and use the data rate limiter.  Type in a number and it'll show you the size of the resulting file, which will let you fine-tune it.  It also has a preview function you can use to make sure your data rate isn't so low that the video quality becomes total crap.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1250 on: April 14, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
Quote from: butthead on March 13, 2009, 11:31:21 AM
I need all you morans to get out the vote. Mrs. butthead and I run a little home-based graphic design company (Spilled Ink Press), and we are finalists in a radio contest where the winner gets almost $20,000 worth of advertising on the station. We can barely afford any advertising at all, so winning this would be huge for our little company.

Anyone up for some more Desipio vote-rigging?

http://www.webelievethemovie.com/index.php?app=MediaRate

Two good friends of mine from college entered songs in a contest to be in that "We Believe" movie, and they made the final 30 contestants.  They're brothers, and they each performed a song written by their dad, who's a big Cubs fan.  Kind of a cool thing to do, I thought.

The two songs are "October" by M. Rosenwinkel and "The Old Cubs Fan" by B. Rosenwinkel.  If you like the songs, or just want to help out some good guys, they'd appreciate it.  The top 15 get on a compilation CD, and the winner will appear in the movie.  Thanks, everyone.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1251 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 14, 2009, 10:55:54 AM
I need all you morans to get out the vote. Mrs. butthead and I run a little home-based graphic design company (Spilled Ink Press), and we are finalists in a radio contest where the winner gets almost $20,000 worth of advertising on the station. We can barely afford any advertising at all, so winning this would be huge for our little company.

Two good friends of mine from college entered songs in a contest to be in that "We Believe" movie, and they made the final 30 contestants.  They're brothers, and they each performed a song written by their dad, who's a big Cubs fan.  Kind of a cool thing to do, I thought.

The two songs are "October" by M. Rosenwinkel and "The Old Cubs Fan" by B. Rosenwinkel.  If you like the songs, or just want to help out some good guys, they'd appreciate it.  The top 15 get on a compilation CD, and the winner will appear in the movie.  Thanks, everyone.

If anyone is confused by the voting system, you have to click the song in the list, then go all the way up to the top to vote.  You can't just click the stars next to the song names.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1252 on: April 14, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 14, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

If anyone is confused by the voting system, you have to click the song in the list, then go all the way up to the top to vote.  You can't just click the stars next to the song names.

I'm not gonna lie - those songs are not very good.
But I'm voting for anyone named Rosenwinkle...twice.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1253 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1254 on: April 14, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 14, 2009, 11:30:16 AM

I'm not gonna lie - those songs are not very good.
But I'm voting for anyone named Rosenwinkle...twice.

Okay, I just listened to the other songs...I feel much better about my vote now.
Rosenwinkle in '09!
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1255 on: April 14, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »

I voted...if I did it right that is.

Here's an update on my contest if anyone cares. The commercial ran yesterday for the first time, but on WLIT instead of WNUA, so that's better for us. But it was supposed to be on at 11:45pm, which kind of sucks.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1256 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »
Quote from: butthead on April 14, 2009, 02:05:12 PM

Here's an update on my contest if anyone cares. The commercial ran yesterday for the first time, but on WLIT instead of WNUA, so that's better for us. But it was supposed to be on at 11:45pm, which kind of sucks.

So what if your customer base will be comprised of the same pathetic sad sacks that listen to Delilah?  Cha-ching.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1257 on: April 14, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 14, 2009, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: butthead on April 14, 2009, 02:05:12 PM

So what if your customer base will be comprised of the same pathetic sad sacks that listen to Delilah?  Cha-ching.

We'll see. I'm sure there are some late night Delilah listeners that could use our services, but it would be nice to be on during the day. Of course, you get what you pay for.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1258 on: April 27, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »
Go to www.espn.com.
click on any article.  type in the Contra code.  (up up down down left right left right b a b a).
start clicking on anything or type anything
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1259 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on April 27, 2009, 06:37:50 PM
Go to www.espn.com.
click on any article.  type in the Contra code.  (up up down down left right left right b a b a).
start clicking on anything or type anything

It gave me infinite Scoop Jackson. :(