News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,900 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1335 on: June 10, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 10, 2009, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2009, 02:53:13 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 01, 2009, 02:28:45 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2009, 02:24:17 PM
Desipio Stadium, anyone?

Why stop there?

Hell, why even stop there when you can do this?

Oh no! What's next? Gatorade logos on the refreshment jugs?

I don't get this Slaky post at all.
Is the implication that putting Gatorade logos on jugs of Gatorade is somehow the same as putting logos for the Illinois lottery on Bears practice jerseys?

Admittedly, I don't know who would want to sponsor a practice jersey, but I don't see the correlation here.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1336 on: June 10, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2009, 06:18:05 PM
Desipio Stadium, anyone?

Why stop there?

Is the implication that putting Gatorade logos on jugs of Gatorade is somehow the same as putting logos for the Illinois lottery on Bears practice jerseys?

Admittedly, I don't know who would want to sponsor a practice jersey, but I don't see the correlation here.

That sponsorship is going to be totally worth it when Lovie closes practice.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1337 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
Desipio Stadium, anyone?

Why stop there?

The correlation is neither of them matter at all.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1338 on: June 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
Desipio Stadium, anyone?

Why stop there?

If you scratch off three WRs on your Bears practice jersey you get to be a wide receiver for them.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1339 on: June 11, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »
I could've sworn that Baptist Hospital had patches on the Titans' practice jersey.  Could've sworn.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1340 on: June 11, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
OK.  I've got some video that I'd like to post to the web from some old Cub game broadcasts.  If I upload them to Google Video/YouTube they'll be taken down pretty quickly.  If I post the video files to my own storage space, either as .mov, .mpg or .flv, does anyone know how to embed the videos in Blogger?  None of the FAQs or helps I've been able to find have gotten it to work.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1341 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2009, 11:34:26 AM
OK.  I've got some video that I'd like to post to the web from some old Cub game broadcasts.  If I upload them to Google Video/YouTube they'll be taken down pretty quickly.  If I post the video files to my own storage space, either as .mov, .mpg or .flv, does anyone know how to embed the videos in Blogger?  None of the FAQs or helps I've been able to find have gotten it to work.

I had the Izturis asshole rubbing video hosted on Uncut Video and they never took it down.  Now it's Motionbox, so they might be more strict, but it also might be worth a shot.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1342 on: June 11, 2009, 11:43:12 AM »

Steal some embed code from a youtube video, and replace the URL for the youtube video with your own URL.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1343 on: June 11, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 11, 2009, 11:43:12 AM

Steal some embed code from a youtube video, and replace the URL for the youtube video with your own URL.

Nope.

Unless you're serving an .flv file, I guess.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1344 on: June 11, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
I don't know if this aligns with the intent of the thread, but here goes...

I need someone with good size, and preferably some football background, to play offensive/defensive line in a mens' football league on Sunday Mornings this fall.  No pads, two hand touch, but it's a contact league for the most part.  It's in Hoffman Estates, game times between 9, 10, 11a.

If you're interested, big/strong, athletic, and not-sucky, pm me.

Seriously, don't apply if you're shitty or under 200 pounds.

/not a gay thing at all.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1345 on: June 11, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on June 11, 2009, 07:04:25 PM
/not a gay thing at all.

But you'll need some face + dick pics all the same?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1346 on: June 11, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 11, 2009, 11:45:46 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 11, 2009, 11:43:12 AM

Nope.

Unless you're serving an .flv file, I guess.

This should work for .mov, but I don't have a small enough QuickTime file to test it at the moment:

<embed src="YOURFILE-URL.mov" width="320" height="256" autoplay="true" controller="true" type="video/quicktime" scale="tofit" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed>

This will download the file rather than streaming it.  For .flv you can use

<embed src="http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer.swf?file=YOURFILE-URL.flv&autoStart=true" width="320" height="240" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

(note that you're embedding the Flash player from freevideocoding.com, which is probably the JW player).

[Edit.--They both seem to work.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1347 on: July 10, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »
Are any of you other scum-sucking lawyers familiar with the IL Medical Practice Act?  Specifically, the statutes on fee sharing?  Even more specifically, whether there is a statutory or common law limit on fee sharing?  I know there's a prohibition of certain kinds of fee sharing arrangements, but does anyone know if there's a cap when the arrangement is allowed?
Hire Jim Essian!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1348 on: July 10, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 10, 2009, 01:23:28 PM
Are any of you other scum-sucking lawyers familiar with the IL Medical Practice Act?  Specifically, the statutes on fee sharing?  Even more specifically, whether there is a statutory or common law limit on fee sharing?  I know there's a prohibition of certain kinds of fee sharing arrangements, but does anyone know if there's a cap when the arrangement is allowed?

If only the Bar Association knew the company that most of us bottom-feeders keep...but no, I have no idea.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1349 on: July 10, 2009, 01:47:31 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 10, 2009, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 10, 2009, 01:23:28 PM

If only the Bar Association knew the company that most of us bottom-feeders keep...but no, I have no idea.

There's a Medical Pratice Act in Illinois?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)