News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,542 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1350 on: July 10, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 10, 2009, 01:47:31 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 10, 2009, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 10, 2009, 01:23:28 PM
Are any of you other scum-sucking lawyers familiar with the IL Medical Practice Act?  Specifically, the statutes on fee sharing?  Even more specifically, whether there is a statutory or common law limit on fee sharing?  I know there's a prohibition of certain kinds of fee sharing arrangements, but does anyone know if there's a cap when the arrangement is allowed?

If only the Bar Association knew the company that most of us bottom-feeders keep...but no, I have no idea.

There's a Medical Pratice Act in Illinois?

I sure hope so.  Or else I'm the subject of a VERY elaborate ruse.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1351 on: July 13, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
If you're looking to purchase a URL that is currently taken, it is worth paying GoDaddy or someone to broker it?

The WHOIS registry says it expires in August - should I just wait and go on the next day and try to reserve it?
Just wondering if anyone knows how this works.

Oh and...let's just get this out of the way.

Intrepid Reader: Artie Lange

Is it www.suckingcock.com?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1352 on: July 13, 2009, 07:49:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 13, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
The WHOIS registry says it expires in August - should I just wait and go on the next day and try to reserve it?

When a domain expires, the registrar usually renews it themselves.

This just means that if the original owner forgot to renew and still wants to re-up, they'll have to do so through the same registrar. And, in the meantime, the registrar gets to leverage the latent traffic to the domain into ad dollars with their domain parking page, usually pairing ads with an Attractive Student...

The upshot is: I think you'll be buying the domain from someone any way you cut it, whether that's the current owner or the registrar that takes it over.

Bear in mind, too, that while the whois record says it will expire on a certain day, the owner could have it on autorenew. So it may not become available after all.

(As far as actually buying a domain name from someone goes, I can't help you there. I've never done that.)
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1353 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »
Does anyone know of a good bar (or restaurant) in the loop that has a good collection of single malt?  Preference is for something west loop, by Ogilvie.  Thanks.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »
Anyone have experience using Ubuntu?  I'm looking at getting a netbook for travel purposes, and Dell is having a sale on their netbooks and it's cheaper to get that instead of XP.  I've heard good things about it, but I'm still unsure if it works as well as XP (though it's not as if that's a tough task).

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1355 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 25, 2009, 06:53:03 PM
Anyone have experience using Ubuntu?  I'm looking at getting a netbook for travel purposes, and Dell is having a sale on their netbooks and it's cheaper to get that instead of XP.  I've heard good things about it, but I'm still unsure if it works as well as XP (though it's not as if that's a tough task).

Just buy it, and if you don't like it, install XP, Vista or Windows 7.  I'm pretty sure I can get you an extra copy if it comes down to that.  Or do netbooks not have a DVD drive?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1356 on: July 25, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 17, 2009, 03:43:52 PM
Does anyone know of a good bar (or restaurant) in the loop that has a good collection of single malt?  Preference is for something west loop, by Ogilvie.  Thanks.

I'm in Glasgow right now and just had a couple wonderful drinks. A Glenmorangie Cellar 13 and then the complete opposite, an Islay whisky, Laphroaig. Delicious.

I'm hammered.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1357 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »
We get it, you're in Scotland

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1358 on: July 25, 2009, 11:22:32 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 25, 2009, 08:03:02 PM

I'm in Glasgow right now and just had a couple wonderful drinks. A Glenmorangie Cellar 13 and then the complete opposite, an Islay whisky, Laphroaig. Delicious.

I'm hammered.

HAGGIS!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1359 on: July 26, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »

I'm hammered.

Where in Chicago is that?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1360 on: July 26, 2009, 01:43:47 AM »

You gotta go a little further north, but Clark Street Ale House (just south of Chicago on Clark) has a solid scotch collection and a fair amount of good micros from across the country on tap.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1361 on: July 26, 2009, 02:28:26 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 26, 2009, 01:23:12 AM

I'm hammered.

Where in Chicago is that?
Brooklyn.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1362 on: July 26, 2009, 07:24:46 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 26, 2009, 01:43:47 AM

You gotta go a little further north, but Clark Street Ale House (just south of Chicago on Clark) has a solid scotch collection and a fair amount of good micros from across the country on tap.

I don't trust you know anything about Chicago north of 51st street.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1363 on: July 26, 2009, 08:27:44 AM »

I installed it on an old machine that I'm using to download/play media through my TV. I've liked what I've seen so far. Boot times are very snappy and I haven't had any issues due to the OS. If you're curious, get yourself a Live CD and try it out on your current machine.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1364 on: July 26, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 26, 2009, 08:27:44 AM

I installed it on an old machine that I'm using to download/play media through my TV. I've liked what I've seen so far. Boot times are very snappy and I haven't had any issues due to the OS. If you're curious, get yourself a Live CD and try it out on your current machine.

I think you need to install off of a thumb drive with net books.  I saw this the other day and  it looks like it might be a good, light OS for a net book...well they say it is anyway. 

http://www.geteasypeasy.com/