News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,631 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1410 on: August 05, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
Quote from: BC on August 04, 2009, 06:26:00 PM
I had to take three Spanish classes while at the U of I, and I just flat out hated all three. Thank goodness that about 70 percent of the grade for the third class was based on homework or else I wouldn't have passed that class. [BC thanking God]I "earned" a 64 percent on the final exam and still managed a B in that class since the final was only 10 percent of the total grade.[/BC thanking God]
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1411 on: August 05, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on August 05, 2009, 12:11:52 AM
I had to take three Spanish classes while at the U of I, and I just flat out hated all three. Thank goodness that about 70 percent of the grade for the third class was based on homework or else I wouldn't have passed that class. [BC thanking God]I "earned" a 64 percent on the final exam and still managed a B in that class since the final was only 10 percent of the total grade.[/BC thanking God]

Way to waste some Interwebs ink there!
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2009, 12:19:37 AM »
Quote from: BC on August 05, 2009, 12:13:13 AM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on August 05, 2009, 12:11:52 AM

Way to waste some Interwebs ink there!

I'm just throwing good ink after bad.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 04, 2009, 09:26:43 PM
I'm just going to bitch about my Spanish class. I took 3 years of it, and I am unable to recall about 90% of it. The thing that I think my teacher failed was the fact that in our class, we/she spoke english 75% of the time and Spanish 25% of the time. From what I hear about people who learn English, they speak English in 75% of the class and their native language 25% of the time. Is this correct? And did anyone else have that problem?

How noble of you to at least try to take some heat off of BC, Yeti.  You are a true sport.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2009, 04:08:21 AM »
Quote from: MAD on August 05, 2009, 01:24:19 AM
I'm just going to bitch about my Spanish class. I took 3 years of it, and I am unable to recall about 90% of it. The thing that I think my teacher failed was the fact that in our class, we/she spoke english 75% of the time and Spanish 25% of the time. From what I hear about people who learn English, they speak English in 75% of the class and their native language 25% of the time. Is this correct? And did anyone else have that problem?

How noble of you to at least try to take some heat off of BC, Yeti.  You are a true sport.

BC has been nearly heat free for almost a year now. I'd say it's deservedly so.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1415 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »
Quote from: Andy on August 04, 2009, 10:22:16 AM
Quote from: TDubbs on August 04, 2009, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on August 03, 2009, 11:04:46 PM
Anyone have experience with Rosetta Stone?  Does the program work?  Anything work better?  I'm looking to learn me some Spanish.

We live in America.  Who fucking cares?

Because he'd like to be able to talk to the guy who mows his lawn, the lady who cleans his house, powen01, and the dude who just fixed his muffler.

Acuchillado'd.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1416 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 04, 2009, 09:42:45 PM

From my experience, what you speak in class is not as relevant as what you speak outside of the class. It doesn't really matter if you're speaking Spanish for 15 minutes of an hour versus 45 minutes. If you're speaking English for the other 23 hours in the day, you're not going to retain very much. Spanish-speakers who learn English here are able to learn it because they're immersed in it.

Probably learn more watching Telemundo everyday than most Spanish classes. Adios Mio.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1417 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

From my experience, what you speak in class is not as relevant as what you speak outside of the class. It doesn't really matter if you're speaking Spanish for 15 minutes of an hour versus 45 minutes. If you're speaking English for the other 23 hours in the day, you're not going to retain very much. Spanish-speakers who learn English here are able to learn it because they're immersed in it.

I think this absolutely true.  When we came to this country, I had to communicate with the kids around me; so, it was learn English or live a sad, lonely life.  Granted, I was 8, but I learned English in about 4 months.

And, no, trying to order 4 margaritas at 3AM does not count as immersing one in the culture and its language.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1418 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 06, 2009, 08:46:40 AM

I think this absolutely true.  When we came to this country, I had to communicate with the kids around me; so, it was learn English or live a sad, lonely life.  Granted, I was 8, but I learned English in about 4 months.

Yet still live a sad, lonely life.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1419 on: August 06, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 06, 2009, 09:39:01 AM

But at least he cries himself to sleep in English.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1420 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »
Quote from: MAD on August 06, 2009, 09:46:48 AM

Touche (did I do that right?)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1421 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 06, 2009, 10:46:57 AM

No.  There is some sort of umlaut that goes somewhere in there.  Or is that German?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1422 on: August 06, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 06, 2009, 10:46:57 AM

It's spelled with a "D".

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1423 on: August 07, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »

And, no, trying to order 4 2 margaritas at 3AM does not count as immersing one in the culture and its language.

Maybe you should have learned some Spanish'ed.
Hire Jim Essian!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1424 on: August 08, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »
If I may, a Copyright 101 question:  To the extent that Nielsen Media Research releases ratings data for all to see through house organ MediaWeek.com, do they have a leg to stand on when insisting that these data be neither collected nor presented in tabular format?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!