News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,141 )

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1485 on: September 25, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 25, 2009, 12:10:54 PM
Quote from: air2300 on September 25, 2009, 10:24:44 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 25, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on September 25, 2009, 09:51:37 AM
AT&T question for you cellphone dudes:

-Back in February, my wife renewed her contract with AT&T for two years.  In exchange she got a complete piece of crap phone.  She has since decided that she hates this phone so much that she wants an Iphone.  AT&T, however, will not give her the "new subscriber" price (ie, the $200 subsidy), because she is in the middle of a contract.  This does not make sense to my caveman mind - why would she be treated as a 3G subscriber when she has never had the benefit of the lowest pricing? (other than corporate greed, of course).  

Any advice on what to do next?  I've tried the AT&T store and 800 number to no avail.

Thanks.

Pretty sure you have to wait 18-20 months to get a cheaper upgrade, and based off of what you're describing, that's basically what you are wanting to do: upgrade her phone.
Yea, it's 20 months with At&T.  And they will make you wait 20 months even if your phone is not working before you can upgrade.  Not much you can do here besides pay the full price or keep the phone. 

or buy insurance and then a week later turn the phone in because it's not working to get a replacement.
You have to buy the insurance the first two months of the contract or this plan doesn't work. Trust me.  I tried that with my last phone. 

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1486 on: October 08, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Alright, IAN and I have had some secksbox connection issues. We are unable to join each others' game. We are also unable to join into a party together. He has had no issues with connecting to other Xboxers, nor have I. It's just between him and I. I wonder if the problem lies within the router settings. I'm no router whiz, but I would assume it might be within the NAT settings or Port Forwarding. Beyond that, I dunno. Any google searches have yielded poor results as I might be searching the wrong things. Any suggestions? (Besides breaking the Xbox)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1487 on: October 08, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 08, 2009, 12:07:14 PM
Alright, IAN and I have had some secksbox connection issues. We are unable to join each others' game. We are also unable to join into a party together. He has had no issues with connecting to other Xboxers, nor have I. It's just between him and I. I wonder if the problem lies within the router settings. I'm no router whiz, but I would assume it might be within the NAT settings or Port Forwarding. Beyond that, I dunno. Any google searches have yielded poor results as I might be searching the wrong things. Any suggestions? (Besides breaking the Xbox)

Get a life?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1488 on: October 08, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 08, 2009, 12:23:24 PM

Get a life?

Thi.

It's either fate keeping you two apart or your NAT setting are different.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1489 on: October 08, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 08, 2009, 12:24:52 PM

Get a life?

Thi.

It's either fate keeping you two apart or your NAT setting are different.

Whichever one it is, please keep us up to date.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1490 on: October 08, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »

Get a life?

I expected this

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1491 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 08, 2009, 12:29:10 PM

Get a life?

I expected this

Weren't your kind given a basement for these sort of questions?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1492 on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »
Quote from: Jon on October 08, 2009, 12:30:28 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 08, 2009, 12:29:10 PM

Get a life?

I expected this

Weren't your kind given a basement for these sort of questions?

Yes, but I figured I'd force this upon some of the non-basement readers who might know what the issue is.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1493 on: October 12, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »
Any of you soulless Windows users have any recommendations of free software for running CRC checks on burned CDs/DVDs?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1494 on: October 14, 2009, 07:11:25 AM »
So I live in a large condo building and we have an issue. There is a fishy smell coming from the vents in two of the rooms when the heat is on. Ever since I turned the heat on the smell has been there. It's never come up throughout the summer when the AC was going.

It's gotta be bacteria or a dead animal right?

And would I have better luck calling the property management folks or should I get an independent person to take a look? I would fucking hope, since they manage the whole building and I don't have a furnace in my place, that they would check it out and not charge us to do so. I fear the worst though.

Anyone gone through something similar?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1495 on: October 14, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 14, 2009, 07:11:25 AM
So I live in a large condo building and we have an issue. There is a fishy smell coming from the vents in two of the rooms when the heat is on. Ever since I turned the heat on the smell has been there. It's never come up throughout the summer when the AC was going.

And would I have better luck calling the property management folks or should I get an independent person to take a look? I would fucking hope, since they manage the whole building and I don't have a furnace in my place, that they would check it out and not charge us to do so. I fear the worst though.

Do you own the condo or are you renting?  If renting, call the PM immediately.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1496 on: October 14, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »

Close your legs
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1497 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 14, 2009, 08:05:58 AM

I own it. I just talked to one of the engineers from the mgmt group. He said since the heat's been off all summer there's a bunch of dust in there and if I run the heat for a couple days it should pass.

I'll give it a shot but it sounds like a pretty lazy solution.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1498 on: October 14, 2009, 09:21:53 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 14, 2009, 08:05:58 AM

That really shouldn't matter if it's something with the HVAC.  It's generally the condo association's responsibility to fix stuff that serves the entire building, even if Slak owns the unit.
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1499 on: October 14, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 14, 2009, 08:37:22 AM

Close your legs

Stand on a chair and spray the vents with Axe body spray bro.