News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,822 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1500 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 14, 2009, 08:56:31 AM
I own it. I just talked to one of the engineers from the mgmt group. He said since the heat's been off all summer there's a bunch of dust in there and if I run the heat for a couple days it should pass.

I'll give it a shot but it sounds like a pretty lazy solution.

There is a distinct smell when the heat comes on for the first time,
but I feel like it's more like something burning than fish.  Have you
seen Norm MacDonald or Artie Lange skulking around lately?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1501 on: October 14, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 14, 2009, 08:05:58 AM
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 14, 2009, 07:11:25 AM
So I live in a large condo building and we have an issue. There is a fishy smell coming from the vents in two of the rooms when the heat is on. Ever since I turned the heat on the smell has been there. It's never come up throughout the summer when the AC was going.

It's gotta be bacteria or a dead animal right?

And would I have better luck calling the property management folks or should I get an independent person to take a look? I would fucking hope, since they manage the whole building and I don't have a furnace in my place, that they would check it out and not charge us to do so. I fear the worst though.

Anyone gone through something similar?
Do you own the condo or are you renting?  If renting, call the PM immediately.

I own it. I just talked to one of the engineers from the mgmt group. He said since the heat's been off all summer there's a bunch of dust in there and if I run the heat for a couple days it should pass.

Water seepage + fiberglass insulation can produce a fishy smell. You might want to ask about this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1502 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 14, 2009, 10:05:32 AM
So I live in a large condo building and we have an issue. There is a fishy smell coming from the vents in two of the rooms when the heat is on. Ever since I turned the heat on the smell has been there. It's never come up throughout the summer when the AC was going.

And would I have better luck calling the property management folks or should I get an independent person to take a look? I would fucking hope, since they manage the whole building and I don't have a furnace in my place, that they would check it out and not charge us to do so. I fear the worst though.

Water seepage + fiberglass insulation can produce a fishy smell. You might want to ask about this.

How long did it take your seepage+fiberglass to heal up?  You know, just so Slak has a professional reference.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1503 on: October 14, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 14, 2009, 10:06:59 AM

How long did it take your seepage+fiberglass to heal up?  You know, just so Slak has a professional reference.

What I would do is call TDubbs' parents and tell them I'm not going to stand for this shit anymore, and oh by the way, Mom...my laundry is starting to pile up and can you make me a sandwich?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1504 on: October 14, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 14, 2009, 11:17:03 AM

What I would do is call TDubbs' parents and tell them I'm not going to stand for this shit anymore, and oh by the way, Mom...my laundry is starting to pile up and can you make me a sandwich?

I was going to ask your mom what I should do, but she looked like she needed more sleep after a night of love making, so I didn't wake her up when I left for work this morning.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1505 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 14, 2009, 11:26:56 AM

I was going to ask your mom what I should do, but she looked like she needed more sleep after a night of love making, so I didn't wake her up when I left for work this morning.

I'm disappointed your post didn't include more stuff like skull-fucking, meatus slit sucking, or two pendulous balls heavy with hot bloatum

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1506 on: October 14, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 14, 2009, 11:52:33 AM

I'm disappointed your post didn't include more stuff like skull-fucking, meatus slit sucking, or two pendulous balls heavy with hot bloatum

How does Yeti "make love"?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1507 on: October 14, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 14, 2009, 11:55:51 AM

Like this.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1508 on: October 14, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 14, 2009, 12:14:29 PM
Quote from: BH on October 14, 2009, 11:55:51 AM

Like this.

Pen wins

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1509 on: October 19, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
Ok, I have a question for the illustrious commentariat on these boards.  I have a POS LG Voyager cell phone with Verizon that recently broke.  My sister had a Palm Treo 755p from Verizon that she used to have, but now, no longer uses.  She has given it to me and told me to go to Verizon and just ask to transfer the information from the old Voyager to her phone and just use the Palm as my phone.

Is this correct?  I've always waited until my 2 years are up before I got a new phone, so I'm not aware of Verizon's policy, but can I simply just use an old one like this?

Thanks mouthbreathers.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1510 on: October 19, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 19, 2009, 03:14:25 PM
Ok, I have a question for the illustrious commentariat on these boards.  I have a POS LG Voyager cell phone with Verizon that recently broke.  My sister had a Palm Treo 755p from Verizon that she used to have, but now, no longer uses.  She has given it to me and told me to go to Verizon and just ask to transfer the information from the old Voyager to her phone and just use the Palm as my phone.

Is this correct?  I've always waited until my 2 years are up before I got a new phone, so I'm not aware of Verizon's policy, but can I simply just use an old one like this?

Thanks mouthbreathers.

Could you use that in a sentence, please?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1511 on: October 19, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 19, 2009, 03:14:25 PM

Thanks mouthbreathers.

I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd try going into a store instead of screwing around with their phone support.  And if it doesn't work, just wait 11 days and get the Droid.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1512 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, this has become our default technology thread.  Is anyone thinking of getting the newest Google phone?  It's getting pretty positive early impressions so far, and it is available on Verizon, which supposedly has a much more reliable 3G network than AT&T.  Plus, they're supposedly starting their own iTunes rival.

I guess Google is a wee bit pissed about Apple's rejection of the Google Voice app.
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1513 on: October 21, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 11:00:16 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this has become our default technology thread.  Is anyone thinking of getting the newest Google phone?  It's getting pretty positive early impressions so far, and it is available on Verizon, which supposedly has a much more reliable 3G network than AT&T.  Plus, they're supposedly starting their own iTunes rival.

I guess Google is a wee bit pissed about Apple's rejection of the Google Voice app.

I'd have a hard time believing there is a network less stable than AT&Ts. It's horrible. Especially if you use the phone to make/receive calls.
If the iphone was offered on another network, no one would use ATT. That being said, because the phone's web browser, applications are so good, i'm sure any network would get taxed given the number of people sending/receiving data.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1514 on: October 21, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 21, 2009, 11:28:44 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 11:00:16 AM

I'd have a hard time believing there is a network less stable than AT&Ts. It's horrible. Especially if you use the phone to make/receive calls.
If the iphone was offered on another network, no one would use ATT. That being said, because the phone's web browser, applications are so good, i'm sure any network would get taxed given the number of people sending/receiving data.

Just wanted to support this...AT&T couldn't suck any worse.
And I don't even have the joy of an iPhone to offset the suck.