News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,823 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1515 on: October 21, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 21, 2009, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: BH on October 21, 2009, 11:28:44 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 11:00:16 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this has become our default technology thread.  Is anyone thinking of getting the newest Google phone?  It's getting pretty positive early impressions so far, and it is available on Verizon, which supposedly has a much more reliable 3G network than AT&T.  Plus, they're supposedly starting their own iTunes rival.

I guess Google is a wee bit pissed about Apple's rejection of the Google Voice app.

I'd have a hard time believing there is a network less stable than AT&Ts. It's horrible. Especially if you use the phone to make/receive calls.
If the iphone was offered on another network, no one would use ATT. That being said, because the phone's web browser, applications are so good, i'm sure any network would get taxed given the number of people sending/receiving data.

Just wanted to support this...AT&T couldn't suck any worse.
And I don't even have the joy of an iPhone to offset the suck.

If it makes you feel any better, I suffered through many years of Nextel, whose service got worse when it merged with Sprint.  What a shit company.
Hire Jim Essian!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: October 21, 2009, 11:58:45 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 11:33:48 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this has become our default technology thread.  Is anyone thinking of getting the newest Google phone?  It's getting pretty positive early impressions so far, and it is available on Verizon, which supposedly has a much more reliable 3G network than AT&T.  Plus, they're supposedly starting their own iTunes rival.

I guess Google is a wee bit pissed about Apple's rejection of the Google Voice app.

I'd have a hard time believing there is a network less stable than AT&Ts. It's horrible. Especially if you use the phone to make/receive calls.
If the iphone was offered on another network, no one would use ATT. That being said, because the phone's web browser, applications are so good, i'm sure any network would get taxed given the number of people sending/receiving data.

If it makes you feel any better, I suffered through many years of Nextel, whose service got worse when it merged with Sprint.  What a shit company.

Does anyone like their cell phone provider?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: October 21, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2009, 11:58:45 AM

They're all shite.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: October 21, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »

When I was with Verizon I thought their network was fantastic.
And their customer service gargled gigantic brontosaurus balls.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: October 21, 2009, 12:01:52 PM »

I have AT&T and it's been fine. I don't make too many calls, so I guess that's why. Yeah some calls have been dropped but the same shit happened when I was on Verizon. It's infrequent and I expect shit like that to happen once in awhile. They've always been able to help when I have questions so I'm good with them.

Same thing with Comcast. Everyone hates their guts but they've always helped me out just fine.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1520 on: October 21, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 21, 2009, 12:01:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken, this has become our default technology thread.  Is anyone thinking of getting the newest Google phone?  It's getting pretty positive early impressions so far, and it is available on Verizon, which supposedly has a much more reliable 3G network than AT&T.  Plus, they're supposedly starting their own iTunes rival.

If it makes you feel any better, I suffered through many years of Nextel, whose service got worse when it merged with Sprint.  What a shit company.

I have AT&T and it's been fine. I don't make too many calls, so I guess that's why. Yeah some calls have been dropped but the same shit happened when I was on Verizon. It's infrequent and I expect shit like that to happen once in awhile. They've always been able to help when I have questions so I'm good with them.

Same thing with Comcast. Everyone hates their guts but they've always helped me out just fine.

To be fair, most home telcos do poorly on customer service scores.

Though Comcast has certainly has a lot of room for improvement.

n 2004 and 2007, the American Customer Satisfaction Index survey found that Comcast had the worst customer satisfaction rating of any company or government agency in the country, including the Internal Revenue Service. Comcast's Customer Service Rating by the ACSI surveys indicate that the company's customer service has not improved since the surveys began in 2001. Analysis of the surveys states that "Comcast is one of the lowest scoring companies in ACSI. As its customer satisfaction eroded by 7% over the past year, revenue increased by 12%." The ACSI analysis also addresses this contradiction, stating that "Such pricing power usually comes with some level of monopoly protection and most cable companies have little competition at the local level. This also means that a cable company can do well financially even though its customers are not particularly satisfied."
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 21, 2009, 12:01:19 PM

When I was with Verizon I thought their network was fantastic.
And their customer service gargled gigantic brontosaurus balls.

I have Sprint and think it's great.  I don't know if it's ever dropped a call unless I was in a basement or an elevator. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: October 21, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »

Even though it was made clear to me that AT&T's 3G pales in comparison to Verizon's, I like AT&T. I know you guys seem to have an issue with the network, but around here, I have no 3G issues. I've found the customer service to be decent. (I had to get a replacement for my phone that broke on Friday. I got the replacement on Monday. It didn't work, so I called them and 15 minutes later, they said another was in the mail. Just got it today. Very efficient.)

I'm eligible for an upgrade on the 13th and have strongly considered the iPhone. However, I might take a look at the google phone before I make that leap.

As far as dropped calls, I have had very little of that. Connection is good. They work in Central IL.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1523 on: October 21, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

I had pretty bad experiences with Comcast's customer service in South Bend, but around here, they've been nothing but terrific.

I think Verizon is decent for the most part.  Nextel was terrible, and they somehow got much, much worse when they added all of the Sprint towers.  J-Kerm had to go in for help a couple of times with her phone, and they laughed and basically told her that the phone they had just sold her was basically unable to consistently sync up with the network.  Why exactly would they sell it, then?
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1524 on: October 21, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 12:55:38 PM

I had pretty bad experiences with Comcast's customer service in South Bend, but around here, they've been nothing but terrific.

I think Verizon is decent for the most part.  Nextel was terrible, and they somehow got much, much worse when they added all of the Sprint towers.  J-Kerm had to go in for help a couple of times with her phone, and they laughed and basically told her that the phone they had just sold her was basically unable to consistently sync up with the network.  Why exactly would they sell it, then?

It really doesn't surprise me that service from a lot of those companies would be terrible in a college town. Imagine dealing with a bunch of kids using and having to pay for these services for the first time in their lives? Good lord.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: October 21, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 21, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 21, 2009, 12:55:38 PM

It really doesn't surprise me that service from a lot of those companies would be terrible in a college town. Imagine dealing with a bunch of kids using and having to pay for these services for the first time in their lives? Good lord.

It didn't help that we lived in what Apex might call the "hood."  When you live in the shitty part of South Bend, I think you're down on the priority list of most service providers.  For example, our electricity once got knocked out for four days. 
Hire Jim Essian!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: October 21, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »

No.  Everyone just likes to complain.  I hear a lot of complaints about Sprint, but I have it and it works fine.  I probably drop one call a month.  And you know what I do?  Call the person back and resume my conversation. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: October 21, 2009, 01:54:49 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 21, 2009, 01:40:57 PM

No.  Everyone just likes to complain.  I hear a lot of complaints about Sprint, but I have it and it works fine.  I probably drop one call a month.  And you know what I do?  Call the person back and resume my conversation.

Exactly. Maybe it's because I don't do any fancypants 3Ging or Showtime viewing, but I have the dueling Satans of an AT&T cell phone and Comcast cable and I really don't have a beef with either one.

These lousy complainers should take a moment and be thankful they're not a braless dildo that just got queefed on.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1528 on: October 21, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2009, 01:54:49 PM

Exactly. Maybe it's because I don't do any fancypants 3Ging or Showtime viewing, but I have the dueling Satans of an AT&T cell phone and Comcast cable and I really don't have a beef with either one.

These lousy complainers should take a moment and be thankful they're not a braless dildo that just got queefed on.

I call comcast every 3 months to bitch because they'll keep my rate the same instead of jacking up the price... it's well worth the discount. Even better that now i can do it via an online chat.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1529 on: October 21, 2009, 02:36:58 PM »

Since you're a statfag, you'll be happy to know that when I had Nextel/Sprint they were dropping nearly 23% of my calls (they looked it up and admitted that it was absurdly high).  I think I had good standing to complain.
Hire Jim Essian!