News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,755 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1575 on: November 12, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »
AT&T goes after Verizon for the coverage maps in their ads...

QuoteAs clever as it is, Verizon's reimagining of a Rankin/Bass animated Christmas television special as a criticism of AT&T's wireless network coverage did not go over well with Ma Bell. On Wednesday, the carrier amended its complaint against Verizon (VZ), asking a federal court in Atlanta to force it to pull the ad and the two other holiday-themed spots that debuted along with it, immediately. Once again, AT&T (T) argues that coverage maps featured in Verizon's ad are misleading and falsely suggest that AT&T offers no coverage in areas that it actually does service. "Contrary to the image presented in the Verizon ads, our wireless network is pervasive," said an AT&T spokesman. "It covers over 300 million people, or 97 percent of the U.S. population. Our fastest, or 3G, network covers approximately 233 million people, or 75 percent of the U.S. population. ... [Verizon's] use of white space is misleading.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1576 on: November 17, 2009, 05:50:21 PM »
Question for IT pros out there: I'm working on getting some certs with a friend of mine. We figure we sit around and piss away our evenings so why not try and make something useful out of them?

I've been doing Microsoft licensing for over three years but it's not really IT. Anyone able to point me in the right direction as far as what certs I should start working on? Right now I'm just doing Network +. But after that I'm not too sure what I should focus on.

So what do I need on my resume (besides the licensing experience) to be seriously considered for a well paying job?

If this is too vague, I can expand on anything.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1577 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:13 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 17, 2009, 05:50:21 PM
Question for IT pros out there: I'm working on getting some certs with a friend of mine. We figure we sit around and piss away our evenings so why not try and make something useful out of them?

I've been doing Microsoft licensing for over three years but it's not really IT. Anyone able to point me in the right direction as far as what certs I should start working on? Right now I'm just doing Network +. But after that I'm not too sure what I should focus on.

So what do I need on my resume (besides the licensing experience) to be seriously considered for a well paying job?

I can't help you with your question, but this website is hilarious:

http://www.dontevenreply.com/

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1578 on: November 17, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »

Feel like getting your Server+ cert?  Any HP Server or Storage certs appeal to you?  What?  No?  Well screw you pal.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1579 on: November 17, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 17, 2009, 08:20:13 PM

I see RV's catching up on roundups from the summer... Also, why do you do the url= thing when you don't have actual descriptive text?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1580 on: November 17, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 17, 2009, 09:52:20 PM

I see RV's catching up on roundups from the summer... Also, why do you do the url= thing when you don't have actual descriptive text?

What are these "roundups" that you speak of? And the url= thing is so that you have a handy-dandy link to click on, instead of copypasta. It's all for you, man.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1581 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »

MCSE is still a pretty handy one to have.

I've been racking up ITIL certs myself lately.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1582 on: November 17, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 17, 2009, 09:20:17 PM

Feel like getting your Server+ cert?  Any HP Server or Storage certs appeal to you?  What?  No?  Well screw you pal.

Why? Do you have those? Yeah, that appeals to me.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1583 on: November 18, 2009, 12:33:45 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 17, 2009, 10:04:34 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 17, 2009, 09:52:20 PM

What are these "roundups" that you speak of? And the url= thing is so that you have a handy-dandy link to click on, instead of copypasta. It's all for you, man.

But if you just do http://www.dontevenreply.com (see without the url= tag) it does the same thing. Just trying to save *you* keystrokes.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1584 on: November 18, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 17, 2009, 11:13:57 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 17, 2009, 09:20:17 PM

Feel like getting your Server+ cert?  Any HP Server or Storage certs appeal to you?  What?  No?  Well screw you pal.

Why? Do you have those? Yeah, that appeals to me.

I do not yet have any of those, but i need to start knocking them out, seeing as I'm now some sort of HP server expert or something.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1585 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:47 AM »

I could ask our IT guys at work, but one guy's qualification is being so bad at development
that we revolted and our boss wouldn't just fire him, and the other guys qualification is
being the first guy's brother.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1586 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
Quote from: Pre on November 18, 2009, 08:50:47 AM

I could ask our IT guys at work, but one guy's qualification is being so bad at development
that we revolted and our boss wouldn't just fire him, and the other guys qualification is
being the first guy's brother.

Ask Yeti's IT guy.  He has the best job in the world.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1587 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »
I unplugged my router and plugged it back in and now my computer doesn't recognize it even when I hit "Refresh Network List".  My warranty at Linksys is up so they can't help me, and I thought I'd throw this out there before I re-up as it seems like a terribly simple problem requiring a terribly simple solution.

Please advise.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1588 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:49 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 18, 2009, 08:53:15 AM
I unplugged my router and plugged it back in and now my computer doesn't recognize it even when I hit "Refresh Network List".  My warranty at Linksys is up so they can't help me, and I thought I'd throw this out there before I re-up as it seems like a terribly simple problem requiring a terribly simple solution.

Please advise.

Buy a Dynex router

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1589 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 18, 2009, 08:53:15 AM
I unplugged my router and plugged it back in and now my computer doesn't recognize it even when I hit "Refresh Network List".  My warranty at Linksys is up so they can't help me, and I thought I'd throw this out there before I re-up as it seems like a terribly simple problem requiring a terribly simple solution.

Please advise.

Have you plugged directly into the router to see if you have a connection? If so, and it still doesn't work, it's a router problem and not a computer problem.

You try this? (http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Linksys-Router)

1. Unplug or turn off your DSL/cable modem.
  2. Locate, on the back of your Linksys router, the small button that reads Reset
  3. Press, and hold, the Reset button down for 30 seconds.
  4. Wait for your Power, WLAN and Internet light to turn on. (On the router)
  5. Plug in or turn on your modem.(if it is separate from the router)
  6. Open your web browser to see if you have an internet connection. If you still don't have an internet connection you may need to restart your computer.
  7. You may need to open up the web GUI setup from your PC (192.168.1.1 is default router address). Go to status, and release or renew the DHCP until you get an IP address.