News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,171 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1740 on: December 14, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on December 14, 2009, 02:20:33 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 14, 2009, 12:01:46 PM
Via Crain's, if you live in Cook County, you may be eligible for a small rebate on your property tax hike.

Looks like it's just for city of Chicago dwellers, unfortunately.  I also liked this quote from the Crain's story:

QuoteTo make it even easier, the city's not even asking you to prove your household income. You merely have to say what it is on the city's application.

Goddamit morph.  Stop making shit up.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1741 on: December 18, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
I'm sure I'll get shit for this, but so be it...

For everyone here that got private loans in college, has anybody gone through any loan consolidation?  I took out a majority of my loans through Sallie Mae, and because there weren't enough Federal loans to cover tuition, or because my school may have had some deal with private lenders to withold the total amount offered federally (which I've read some schools do), most of the loans were private loans.  With the private loans, there really aren't any other options for repayment to get monthly payments lowered or anything like that, so right now my monthly payments would be somewhere around $650/month for the private loans, plus an extra $150 or so through Federal and from loans I got through Chase, both of which can likely be lowered pretty significantly due to my current income.  However, the only option I've seen so far for getting those private loan payments reduced is through loan consolidation, where I could maybe even get my interest rate down (it's currently as high as 9.75% for a couple of them).  I'm just not sure the best organization to go through or exactly what I should expect for loan consolidation and was wondering if anybody had any advice on the matter.  I know Chase does loan consolidation, but I'm not sure if they'd be the best place to go through.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1742 on: December 18, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 18, 2009, 11:11:25 AM

For everyone here that got private loans in college, has anybody gone through any loan consolidation?  I took out a majority of my loans through Sallie Mae, and because there weren't enough Federal loans to cover tuition, or because my school may have had some deal with private lenders to withold the total amount offered federally (which I've read some schools do), most of the loans were private loans.  With the private loans, there really aren't any other options for repayment to get monthly payments lowered or anything like that, so right now my monthly payments would be somewhere around $650/month for the private loans, plus an extra $150 or so through Federal and from loans I got through Chase, both of which can likely be lowered pretty significantly due to my current income.  However, the only option I've seen so far for getting those private loan payments reduced is through loan consolidation, where I could maybe even get my interest rate down (it's currently as high as 9.75% for a couple of them).  I'm just not sure the best organization to go through or exactly what I should expect for loan consolidation and was wondering if anybody had any advice on the matter.  I know Chase does loan consolidation, but I'm not sure if they'd be the best place to go through.

Talk to your brother.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1743 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:30 PM »

I'd get different quotes on debt consolidation from different places, but am guessing you're not going to get a better rate at a bigger place, unless you have outstanding credit.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1744 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 12:03:30 PM

I'd get different quotes on debt consolidation from different places, but am guessing you're not going to get a better rate at a bigger place, unless you have outstanding credit.

I called up Chase and they said the best case scenario for the amount of loans I have would be somewhere around $630/month if I got a 5.5% interest rate.  I definitely wouldn't get that, but if it's not significantly higher, it would still be slightly more manageable than the $650 and ~$150 I'd owe every month to Chase anyways.  I haven't checked my credit score lately, but I know it's not terrible.  If I found a good cosigner (unlikely), I could get a decent interest rate.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1745 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:59 PM »

Sell your PS3 and XBox and get a job.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1746 on: December 18, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
I understand that housecats are chattel, but I seem to recall that an owner's allowing them free roam is viewed differently under law than would be the roaming of a dog. Does anyone have an idea whether there's any sort of clock the lapsing of which would render the original property interest forfeit?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1747 on: December 18, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 18, 2009, 05:54:12 PM
I understand that housecats are chattel, but I seem to recall that an owner's allowing them free roam is viewed differently under law than would be the roaming of a dog. Does anyone have an idea whether there's any sort of clock the lapsing of which would render the original property interest forfeit?

It is like free verse
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1748 on: December 18, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 18, 2009, 07:09:04 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 18, 2009, 05:54:12 PM

It is like free verse

If I hadn't found a copy of Millbrook Thanksgiving for $2 just a block away, I'd make a stink about this characterization.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1749 on: December 20, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »
In a related note, if any of you Ogdens secretly harbor a heart of gold, I'm urgently seeking to home this young fellow who showed up on my porch with a three-point stance due to an abscessed leg bite:

I can include the giblets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1750 on: December 20, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 20, 2009, 06:25:07 PM
a three-point stance due to an abscessed leg bite:

lazy the-Bears-line-sucks joke:

The Bears should sign him!!!!!!111
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1751 on: December 20, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
In a related note, if any of you Ogdens secretly harbor a heart of gold, I'm urgently seeking to home this young fellow who showed up on my porch with a three-point stance due to an abscessed leg bite:

Feed it a poisonous snake. Win/Win.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1752 on: December 20, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 20, 2009, 08:21:48 PM

I'll do you the courtesy of using high-quality LSD for the bombing should we ever run into each other.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1753 on: December 20, 2009, 10:58:27 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 20, 2009, 08:21:48 PM

How does that solve anything? Wheezer's out a snake and he still has a homeless cat on his porch.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1754 on: December 21, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »

Shoot it with a gun, or just stop putting cat food on your porch. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.