News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,619 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1785 on: January 08, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 08, 2010, 03:57:56 PM
Free video editing software?

I want to make a video out of a series of photos and set music to it. I'd like it to go through the photos fast.

For actual videos, I wouldn't mind merging a couple. Just putting one at the end of another.

You should use this song.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1786 on: January 08, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »

I want to make a video out of a series of photos and set music to it. I'd like it to go through the photos fast.

For actual videos, I wouldn't mind merging a couple. Just putting one at the end of another.

This maybe?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1787 on: January 08, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 08, 2010, 03:32:46 PM
I hope this isn't DRLP in this novel of a thread, but does anyone know a good disk eraser for Windows?  I used one several years back that had a couple different settings, for FBI, DoD, CIA levels of security, and Googling "disk eraser" and "disk wipe" and the like haven't turned it up.  Any suggestions?  We're reinstalling Windows from scratch on my brother's computer.

Is this the part of the thread where some asshole says, "get a Mac"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_Utility
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/iMovie
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1788 on: January 08, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 06:09:59 PM
I hope this isn't DRLP in this novel of a thread, but does anyone know a good disk eraser for Windows?  I used one several years back that had a couple different settings, for FBI, DoD, CIA levels of security, and Googling "disk eraser" and "disk wipe" and the like haven't turned it up.  Any suggestions?  We're reinstalling Windows from scratch on my brother's computer.

I would have gotten a Mac and I was planning on it early this year but my old computer crapped out as I was saving. Had $800 when I was wanting $2000

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1789 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 08, 2010, 11:20:25 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 06:09:59 PM

I would have gotten a Mac and I was planning on it early this year but my old computer crapped out as I was saving. Had $800 when I was wanting $2000

This isn't what you're looking for, but I picked up a Dell Mini 10v netbook earlier this year off Craigslist for about $250. I followed this guide with great results. I doubt it would work very well for video editing--I don't even have iMovie on it because I had to slim down to fit everything on to the 8GB SSD--but it is really small, portable and OS X runs with few issues. The keyboard is really pretty nice as far as netbooks go. I think it's about 90% the size of a standard keyboard. You can also get 120 GB HDD if I recall, but I opted for the solid state because I figured I'd be carrying it around a lot.

Anyway, it's a $250 netbook (plus $30 for Snow Leopard). I'd do it again.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1790 on: January 11, 2010, 09:49:04 AM »
I'm looking to re-design my portfolio website, and need to find a new webhost since I'm currently on Columbia's network.  The site I have right now was something I designed for a class, but I really hate web design, so I'm trying to steer clear of anything where I have to really get into the HTML, CSS, etc.  I figure WordPress would be the best option because I can change the layout, theme, etc. and upload various files all through that interface, but I'm not sure if anyone else has experience with any different web solutions that would be better for this sort of thing.  The best webhost I've found so far is Blue Host, which is $6.95/month for the space, domain name, free WordPress installation and a bunch of other features.  Are there any better options out there?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1791 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 11, 2010, 09:49:04 AM
I'm looking to re-design my portfolio website, and need to find a new webhost since I'm currently on Columbia's network.  The site I have right now was something I designed for a class, but I really hate web design, so I'm trying to steer clear of anything where I have to really get into the HTML, CSS, etc.  I figure WordPress would be the best option because I can change the layout, theme, etc. and upload various files all through that interface, but I'm not sure if anyone else has experience with any different web solutions that would be better for this sort of thing.  The best webhost I've found so far is Blue Host, which is $6.95/month for the space, domain name, free WordPress installation and a bunch of other features.  Are there any better options out there?

I've used BlueHost in the past and never had any problems with them.  They're easy to use and have good customer support.

If you hate Web design and want to just customize a pre-existing template for Wordpress, take a look at www.themeforest.net.  They've got a lot of good portfolio themes that won't cost you much ($15-30).

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1792 on: January 11, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2010, 10:03:09 AM

I've used BlueHost in the past and never had any problems with them.  They're easy to use and have good customer support.

If you hate Web design and want to just customize a pre-existing template for Wordpress, take a look at www.themeforest.net.  They've got a lot of good portfolio themes that won't cost you much ($15-30).

Sorry, Desipio, but ThemeForest is now the only site I'll ever need.  Thanks, Eli, this is going to make things a thousand times easier.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1793 on: January 11, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 11, 2010, 10:14:37 AM

Sorry, Desipio, but ThemeForest is now the only site I'll ever need.  Thanks, Eli, this is going to make things a thousand times easier.

Does that mean you're leaving?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1794 on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 11, 2010, 10:44:51 AM
Quote from: Weebs on January 11, 2010, 10:14:37 AM

Does that mean you're leaving?

I can't imagine what ThemeForest did to Eli, but holy shit did he get them back.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1795 on: January 15, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
Anyone know of a good place to sell a used, but still decent cell phone? 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1796 on: January 15, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2010, 02:38:00 PM

1997?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1797 on: January 15, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2010, 02:41:34 PM

1997?

Hey, Pen.  Thanks for responding.  That wasn't entirely helpful, but I appreciate you taking the time to type that out. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1798 on: January 15, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »

My friend at work has actually bought his last two cell phones on ebay. I'd suggest that as I know actual people that have purchased used phones through there.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1799 on: January 15, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 15, 2010, 03:01:11 PM

My friend at work has actually bought his last two cell phones on ebay. I'd suggest that as I know actual people that have purchased used phones through there.

That or Craig's List. Of course, if you don't get what you want for it, consider donating to a women's shelter or another charity like that.