News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,245 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1800 on: January 15, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 15, 2010, 03:18:02 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 15, 2010, 03:01:11 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2010, 02:38:00 PM
Anyone know of a good place to sell a used, but still decent cell phone? 

My friend at work has actually bought his last two cell phones on ebay. I'd suggest that as I know actual people that have purchased used phones through there.

That or Craig's List. Of course, if you don't get what you want for it, consider donating to a women's shelter or another charity like that.

School districts recycle them for free.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1801 on: February 03, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
Does anyone know of any damn store that sells replacement speakers for a surround sound package?  I have a Yamaha surround system, and the right rear speaker is blown.  It's annoying the crap out of me.  I got it from Best Buy originally, and, of course, they not only don't sell individual speakers, but they also don't even sell that system anymore.

It's a Yamaha Model NS-AP2600S(BL).  The "S" is presumable for "side," and the "BL" is for "morgan."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1802 on: February 03, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 03, 2010, 07:37:25 PM
Does anyone know of any damn store that sells replacement speakers for a surround sound package?  I have a Yamaha surround system, and the right rear speaker is blown.  It's annoying the crap out of me.  I got it from Best Buy originally, and, of course, they not only don't sell individual speakers, but they also don't even sell that system anymore.

It's a Yamaha Model NS-AP2600S(BL).  The "S" is presumable for "side," and the "BL" is for "morgan."

Crutchfield would be my first guess.  eBay, perhaps.  Have you contacted Yamaha?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1803 on: February 04, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »
Quote from: Day Man on February 03, 2010, 08:08:06 PM

Crutchfield would be my first guess.  eBay, perhaps.  Have you contacted Yamaha?

Try these guys: http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?NSAP2600SBL
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1804 on: February 04, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 04, 2010, 09:43:53 AM

Thanks, Wheezer!  Have you ever ordered anything from that site?  Day Man, I did send Yamaha an e-mail the other day, so I'll also see what they say.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1805 on: February 04, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 04, 2010, 10:20:45 AM

Thanks, Wheezer!  Have you ever ordered anything from that site?

No, but they are a large distributor. Definitely verify shipping costs before signing off on anything.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1806 on: February 04, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 04, 2010, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 04, 2010, 10:20:45 AM

Thanks, Wheezer!  Have you ever ordered anything from that site?

No, but they are a large distributor. Definitely verify shipping costs before signing off on anything.

I will.  Thanks, man.  It was driving me nuts trying to find a replacement.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1807 on: February 04, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
TV Reception question -

I recently moved my satellite receiver to a different television in my house, connecting the coaxial cable directly into what used to be set that had the receiver.  The result was a picture with very slight horizontal lines down the screen, moving upward.  I bought a surge protector with coax protection, but these lines persist.  Any idea on what might be causing it?  My fear is that the cable is crappy (picture on DVD and wii don't have the lines).  Do I demand that dish network come out and fix the coax connection?

Thanks.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1808 on: February 04, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on February 04, 2010, 12:27:31 PM
TV Reception question -

I recently moved my satellite receiver to a different television in my house, connecting the coaxial cable directly into what used to be set that had the receiver.  The result was a picture with very slight horizontal lines down the screen, moving upward.  I bought a surge protector with coax protection, but these lines persist.  Any idea on what might be causing it?  My fear is that the cable is crappy (picture on DVD and wii don't have the lines).  Do I demand that dish network come out and fix the coax connection?

Thanks.

Try wiping down the connectors with some alcohol, see if that helps.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1809 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 04, 2010, 12:39:23 PM
TV Reception question -

Thanks.

Try wiping down the connectors with some alcohol, see if that helps.

You could try not having a piece of shit provider like DISH Network.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1810 on: February 04, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
I had the same problem with Comcast. 

I'll try cleaning the connectors - thanks.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1811 on: February 04, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »

So let me get this straight: You have a DISH Network receiver with multiple tuners, and the more distant wired set is now exhibiting the interference, although it didn't when it was the less distant set?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1812 on: February 04, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 04, 2010, 01:23:46 PM

So let me get this straight: You have a DISH Network receiver with multiple tuners, and the more distant wired set is now exhibiting the interference, although it didn't when it was the less distant set?

Pretty much.  The picture was great when the coaxial cable ran through the receiver.  Now that it goes straight into the television, I get the horizontal lines. 

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1813 on: February 04, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on February 04, 2010, 02:06:41 PM

Make sure it's not running across/wrapped around any power cables or power supplies, that can add interference in some cases. 

Pretty much.  The picture was great when the coaxial cable ran through the receiver.  Now that it goes straight into the television, I get the horizontal lines. 

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1814 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on February 04, 2010, 02:06:41 PM

OK. I'm still unclear on the setup, but how many horizontal lines? Do they have any perceptible thickness (height)?

In short, I'm guessing hum bars.