News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,770 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1890 on: March 22, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 22, 2010, 02:06:40 PM
I know this is a shot in the dark, but, if any of you legal types have any knowledge of the following:

1) Canadian criminal law, especially crime committed across provinces using the Canadian Post.
2) U.S. Federal Law regarding the use of U.S.-based servers to stalk and threaten someone even if said vic and perp are located across the border, as the vic works for a U.S.-based company...

... please let me know.

This doesn't sound like a funny story at all.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1891 on: March 22, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 22, 2010, 02:26:41 PM
I know this is a shot in the dark, but, if any of you legal types have any knowledge of the following:

1) Canadian criminal law, especially crime committed across provinces using the Canadian Post.
2) U.S. Federal Law regarding the use of U.S.-based servers to stalk and threaten someone even if said vic and perp are located across the border, as the vic works for a U.S.-based company...

... please let me know.

This sounds like it should be in the Krut Evan thread?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1892 on: March 22, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »

... please let me know.

The most immediate action short of law enforcement would be to contact the NOC of the vector.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1893 on: March 22, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 22, 2010, 02:37:20 PM

... please let me know.

The most immediate action short of law enforcement would be to contact the NOC of the vector.

The NOC list?

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1895 on: March 22, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »

... please let me know.

It is not.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1896 on: March 29, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
DPD.

There is no reason to get MLB Extra Innings if I can just sign up for the MLB.TV Premium season package, right?*

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1897 on: March 29, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 22, 2010, 02:28:39 PM

... please let me know.

This sounds like it should be in the Krut Evan thread?

Shit if I know anything about it.  I know about immigration law and housing laws but that's about the extent of it. 

Good luck Brownie.
M'lady.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1898 on: March 29, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 29, 2010, 03:17:12 PM
DPD.

There is no reason to get MLB Extra Innings if I can just sign up for the MLB.TV Premium season package, right?*

It depends if you want to watch the games on your TV or your computer.  I still like to watch in the glory of my big TV...of course, being in the boonies with DirecTV it means unless they add WGN's HD feed like they're promising next month it'll be another season of pixellated Len and Bob for the 60 'GN dates.  But Wrigley sure does purty in HD on Comcast Sports Net.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1899 on: March 30, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »
I'm planning to get that MLB TV subscription again. Loved it last year and the quality was really good. Plus, I can watch games on my laptop while the wife watches Travel Channel or What Not to Wear. Win win.

A baseball question for everyone here: does anyone have a good place to find the stats on what's a good % of success for driving in a runner from third with less than 2 outs? There are a lot of arguments to be made about how valid this statistic is but it's something my friend and I were discussing and we're having minimal success finding out the answer.

Thanks for your help, only site.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1900 on: March 30, 2010, 10:28:04 AM »
Thanks Slak, Andy. I think I'm getting MLB.tv because:

a) I'm a moran whose main TV is a standard def shitbox.
b) When I get an HDTV, I don't live in the boonies so I can watch all the Cubs I want to in HDTV.

As for the Cannuck question, don't feel bad, Kurt. No one seemed to know to whom they should go. However, going to the most local authorities seems to be yielding the best results.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1901 on: March 30, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2010, 10:28:04 AM

b) When I get an HDTV, I don't live in the boonies so I can watch all the Cubs I want to in HDTV.

As for the Cannuck question, don't feel bad, Kurt. No one seemed to know to whom they should go. However, going to the most local authorities seems to be yielding the best results.

The big debate now is do I go for the premium MLB TV? They have the ability to watch 4 games at once which is pretty neat but somewhat useless. The other nice thing about premium is you get to choose the broadcast, home or away.

One thing I'd noticed is that you can watch in HD or standard def on your laptop - issue being when you watch in HD you get some serious lag.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1902 on: March 30, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 30, 2010, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2010, 10:28:04 AM

The big debate now is do I go for the premium MLB TV? They have the ability to watch 4 games at once which is pretty neat but somewhat useless. The other nice thing about premium is you get to choose the broadcast, home or away.

One thing I'd noticed is that you can watch in HD or standard def on your laptop - issue being when you watch in HD you get some serious lag.

Doens't premium also offer you the "DVR" function? With a screaming baby who doesn't yet understand what I mean by "I'll take care of your diaper at the next half inning," this could be useful.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1903 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »
Anyone have a chance to try the MLB.TV app for the iPhone?  Seems pretty cool, but not sure I want to shell out for it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1904 on: March 30, 2010, 10:49:20 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 30, 2010, 10:44:01 AM
Anyone have a chance to try the MLB.TV app for the iPhone?  Seems pretty cool, but not sure I want to shell out for it.

I had it last year. It's pretty cool - but you have to have the MLB TV subscription to watch games on your phone. It looks better than you'd expect and if you've got wifi access it is a nice way to kill a few minutes assuming you've got the battery life. If you just pay the 15 bucks for MLB at-bat you won't get the ability to watch games on your phone, but you will get the ability to have live game updates and to listen to either team's radio broadcast, which is fantastic.

If you like baseball just get one or both of these things. Well worth it, in my mind.