News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,207 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1980 on: May 12, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 12, 2010, 09:30:25 AM
How do I get an iPhone to play music on multiple computers?  It's synced with my home computer, so when I plug it into my work computer I get a message that kindly offers to erase all of my current iPhone content and sync with the current iTunes library.  That's not what I want.  Surely there's a program that will let me stream music off my iPhone on multiple computers.  Right?

If you have a Mac, try SenutiSharePod if you're on Windows.

Senuti (note the Play button at the bottom):

SharePod:
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1981 on: May 12, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on May 12, 2010, 11:58:48 AM
If you have a Mac, try SenutiSharePod if you're on Windows.

Senuti for the win!  Thanks for the help.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1982 on: May 21, 2010, 08:09:48 PM »
Don't know where else to post this, but maybe someone else has similar issues with Flash video in Firefox (e.g. mlb.tv).

If you're running in to problems with the video stuttering every 10 seconds or so...

http://www.ditii.com/2009/08/23/fix-for-flash-video-stuttering-in-firefox/

QuoteHave you notice, that sometimes Flash-based videos stutter when you view them in Firefox, but work fine in other browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari? This turns out to be a problem of appears to be a problem of Firefox's session restore feature, that affects both Windows and Mac versions. So what's the solution? Well, you can either turn off the session restore feature altogether. Or simply lengthen the period of time between snapshots. To do this, type about:config into Firefox's address bar, then in filter box enter browser.sessionstore.interval. The default value's 10000, which's the number of milliseconds between snapshots. Setting the number to 120000 lengthens the period to two minutes, a more reasonable but still useful period. Of course, you can set it to whatever you want, as long as you keep in mind that you're dealing with milliseconds.

Seriously, this one little tweak just salvaged my mlb.tv experience.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1983 on: May 31, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
For you firefox users...for some reason my firefox has just started acting up lately. For one, if I close Firefox and try to reopen it again it won't open and I have to CTRL ALT DEL and end firefox under processes to get the window to reopen. Second, it won't allow me to click on certain links. For instance, whenever I try to write something on my blog I can't get the window for uploading pictures and whatnot to pop up, and when I click on the comments on a post nothing happens and the bottom bar just says "javascript void" or something. Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried upgrading to the latest firefox and that didn't seem to work.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1984 on: May 31, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2010, 11:19:38 AM
For you firefox users...for some reason my firefox has just started acting up lately. For one, if I close Firefox and try to reopen it again it won't open and I have to CTRL ALT DEL and end firefox under processes to get the window to reopen. Second, it won't allow me to click on certain links. For instance, whenever I try to write something on my blog I can't get the window for uploading pictures and whatnot to pop up, and when I click on the comments on a post nothing happens and the bottom bar just says "javascript void" or something. Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried upgrading to the latest firefox and that didn't seem to work.

Firefox is a monster memory eater and seems to be getting more and more finicky with each update.  Have you considered trying Chrome?  (Sorry if this isn't the solution you were looking for...)
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1985 on: May 31, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2010, 11:19:38 AM

I don't know about the first issue. Kurt may be on to something with the memory leak issue, but Firefox 3.6 was supposed to have fixed that problem. The second issue sounds like some sort of popup blocker issue. What extensions are you using?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1986 on: June 25, 2010, 11:37:24 AM »
When I got home last night Mrs. Cubbieblue told me that she went searching for a recipe on the net and somehow managed to make something called "CRAWLER" our new homepage.  I went to My Yahoo and went to our homepage  but when I tried to reset it as our homepage I got a pop up saying that CRAWLER was blocking my ability to change homepage back to Yahoo.  So I went to System Restore and reset the computer to 2 hours before that hijacker insinuated itself onto my computer.  All is well.  I had never used System Restore before, but it worked perfectly.  Monday will be our 51st anniversary.  For a while it looked touch and go.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1987 on: June 25, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 25, 2010, 11:37:24 AM
When I got home last night Mrs. Cubbieblue told me that she went searching for a recipe on the net and somehow managed to make something called "CRAWLER" our new homepage.  I went to My Yahoo and went to our homepage  but when I tried to reset it as our homepage I got a pop up saying that CRAWLER was blocking my ability to change homepage back to Yahoo.  So I went to System Restore and reset the computer to 2 hours before that hijacker insinuated itself onto my computer.  All is well.  I had never used System Restore before, but it worked perfectly.  Monday will be our 51st anniversary.  For a while it looked touch and go.

What was your question?

Happy anniversary, you two.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1988 on: June 25, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on June 25, 2010, 12:06:02 PM

What was your question?

I think that my question is did I use a sledgehammer to kill a fly?  Was  there a simpler, less drastic cure?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1989 on: June 25, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 25, 2010, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Night Man on June 25, 2010, 12:06:02 PM

What was your question?

I think that my question is did I use a sledgehammer to kill a fly?  Was  there a simpler, less drastic cure?

In this case, that was probably the easiest and quickest way to fix it.  It'd be different if you'd been working on a huge project for two hours you couldn't afford to lose, but that kind of issue is exactly what System Restore is there for.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1990 on: July 13, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Anyone here use roku or another internet media device? Now that hulu plus is out, seems like the need for comcast may diminish in a few years, outside of internet access.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1991 on: July 13, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 13, 2010, 10:48:46 AM
Anyone here use roku or another internet media device? Now that hulu plus is out, seems like the need for comcast may diminish in a few years, outside of internet access.

My blu ray does Netflix on Demand.  It's awesome, even doing a fair number of films in HD via Wi Fi.  Comcast on demand is still good for current stuff like TV series episodes missed.  Hulu would do that as well, I guess.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1992 on: July 13, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »

How are you planning to watch local sports? I'd love to get rid of my cable but the sports packages keep me around. I think the streaming sites like justin.tv and adthe.net are ok at times. Other times they're entirely frustrating. Then you've got leagues that have packages for high quality streaming but the local blackout rules negate the benefits if you don't have cable.

Obviously for tv shows and movies you've got hulu and netflix - but sports sports sports.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1993 on: July 13, 2010, 11:49:09 AM »

ChuckD champions the nerd method of having his computer automatically download HD shows from Usenet and share them over his network for viewing on his WDTV Live or some shit.

http://handjobexchange.com/sbox/dlog.php?highlight=p109382902&date=2010-5-12#p109382902

Quote from: ChuckDickensSeriously. It wipes its ass with sliced bread.

YMMV.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1994 on: July 13, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 13, 2010, 11:49:09 AM

ChuckD champions the nerd method of having his computer automatically download HD shows from Usenet and share them over his network for viewing on his WDTV Live or some shit.

http://handjobexchange.com/sbox/dlog.php?highlight=p109382902&date=2010-5-12#p109382902

Quote from: ChuckDickensSeriously. It wipes its ass with sliced bread.

YMMV.

I understand everything up to "ChuckD"
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck