News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,296 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2220 on: July 29, 2010, 09:22:27 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 29, 2010, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 29, 2010, 09:08:56 AM
Quote from: morpheus on July 29, 2010, 09:02:43 AM
Sorry I missed all the Volt discussion.  My opinion is that if you're going to keep the driving short-range, it's not a bad deal for you.  I wonder about the environmental impact, since much of the electric power in this country is still produced by burning coal, but I don't know enough about the relative emissions per unit of energy produced.  It's still a shitty deal in an economic sense, since the actual cost Government Motors incurred for making the car didn't change, all that changed was that effectively the government decided to bestow some money upon you for buying the car, thus lowering the price you paid for it.  They got that money from the taxpayer, or they borrowed it from taxpayers' future tax payments, since governments don't have their own wealth or resources but are simply transfer agents.

There's a whole lot of stick poking in this post.  Well done.

Though I'd agree with a shift away from coal plants towards more nuke plants.

Oddly, so would I. And I'm apparently some sort of bomb-throwing radical.

Yeah, but with those sideburns, it's clear you throw bombs like a girl.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2221 on: July 29, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 29, 2010, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: Bort on July 29, 2010, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 29, 2010, 09:08:56 AM
Sorry I missed all the Volt discussion.  My opinion is that if you're going to keep the driving short-range, it's not a bad deal for you.  I wonder about the environmental impact, since much of the electric power in this country is still produced by burning coal, but I don't know enough about the relative emissions per unit of energy produced.  It's still a shitty deal in an economic sense, since the actual cost Government Motors incurred for making the car didn't change, all that changed was that effectively the government decided to bestow some money upon you for buying the car, thus lowering the price you paid for it.  They got that money from the taxpayer, or they borrowed it from taxpayers' future tax payments, since governments don't have their own wealth or resources but are simply transfer agents.

There's a whole lot of stick poking in this post.  Well done.

Though I'd agree with a shift away from coal plants towards more nuke plants.

Oddly, so would I. And I'm apparently some sort of bomb-throwing radical.

Yeah, but with those sideburns, it's clear you throw bombs like a girl.

They don't call me Broadway Bort because of the feather boa and the showtunes. Though that admittedly helps.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2222 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »

Duh, they own a car company.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2223 on: July 29, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2010, 10:59:03 AM

Duh, theyWE own a car company.

Damnit'd.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2224 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 29, 2010, 01:00:39 PM

Damnit'd.

Everyone is simply a transfer agent. Aside from the solar input, this is essentially a closed system.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2225 on: July 30, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 29, 2010, 06:18:14 PM

Damnit'd.

Everyone is simply a transfer agent. Aside from the solar input, this is essentially a closed system.

That's just like, your opinion, man.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2226 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 30, 2010, 07:28:46 AM

Damnit'd.

You can't own land, man.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2227 on: July 30, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 30, 2010, 08:25:30 AM

Damnit'd.

You can't own land, man.

Sure I can, because I'm not a penniless hippie!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2228 on: July 30, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 30, 2010, 08:42:28 AM
Quote from: Bort on July 30, 2010, 08:25:30 AM

Damnit'd.

You can't own land, man.

Sure I can, because I'm not a penniless hippie!

[snort.]

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2229 on: July 30, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »

Damnit'd.

And labor.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2230 on: July 30, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 30, 2010, 11:16:28 AM
Sorry I missed all the Volt discussion.  My opinion is that if you're going to keep the driving short-range, it's not a bad deal for you.  I wonder about the environmental impact, since much of the electric power in this country is still produced by burning coal, but I don't know enough about the relative emissions per unit of energy produced.  It's still a shitty deal in an economic sense, since the actual cost Government Motors incurred for making the car didn't change, all that changed was that effectively the government decided to bestow some money upon you for buying the car, thus lowering the price you paid for it.  They got that money from the taxpayer, or they borrowed it from taxpayers' future tax payments, since governments don't have their own wealth or resources but are simply transfer agents.

Damnit'd.

And labor.

Only locally.

System-wide, there's no getting around the fundamental laws of thermodynamics, TJ.

I'll allow you geothermal energy as an exception, but aside from that and Mighty Sol, it's all headed towards max entropy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2231 on: July 30, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 30, 2010, 11:33:02 AM
Quote from: Brownie on July 30, 2010, 11:16:28 AM
Sorry I missed all the Volt discussion.  My opinion is that if you're going to keep the driving short-range, it's not a bad deal for you.  I wonder about the environmental impact, since much of the electric power in this country is still produced by burning coal, but I don't know enough about the relative emissions per unit of energy produced.  It's still a shitty deal in an economic sense, since the actual cost Government Motors incurred for making the car didn't change, all that changed was that effectively the government decided to bestow some money upon you for buying the car, thus lowering the price you paid for it.  They got that money from the taxpayer, or they borrowed it from taxpayers' future tax payments, since governments don't have their own wealth or resources but are simply transfer agents.

Damnit'd.

And labor.

Only locally.

System-wide, there's no getting around the fundamental laws of thermodynamics, TJ.

I'll allow you geothermal energy as an exception, but aside from that and Mighty Sol, it's all headed towards max entropy.

"Young lady, in this house we OBEY the laws of thermodynamics!"
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2232 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 21, 2010, 02:02:43 PM
Quote from: smg on July 21, 2010, 12:36:49 PM
Let's say I were having a baby boy at the end of the year.  Because I am. If I name him Casey, am I dooming him to a life of being teased for having a girl's name?  According to the social security web site, it get used more for boys than for girls ...

Thought I pulled out.  Dammit. 

Don't worry.  She didn't know it was still in, either.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2233 on: August 09, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
Bump:

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 22, 2010, 11:44:18 AM
Is this the part of Desipio where Bad Kermit apologizes again for dropping the breadcrumbs that led TDubbs here in the first place?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2234 on: August 09, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 09, 2010, 10:01:15 AM
Bump:

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 22, 2010, 11:44:18 AM
Is this the part of Desipio where Bad Kermit apologizes again for dropping the breadcrumbs that led TDubbs here in the first place?

Sorry, dudes.