News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,704 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2280 on: September 01, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 01, 2010, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 01, 2010, 01:31:39 PM
Quote from: Night Man on September 01, 2010, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 01, 2010, 11:24:34 AM
Yeah, the thing is though, I'd like something that would be more portable than the laptop, but doesn't need to be as burdensome as the laptop.  Mine has a 17 inch screen and is a beast to transport.

If I could use the iPad on the road for general browsing, email, and some light word processing, it'd work for me.

Sounds like the iPad then.  I think you'd be better off getting the Apple Wireless Keyboard and a good configurable case (so you can set it up widescreen or portrait whenever) instead of the keyboard dock.  If you'd like internet on the road, go for the 3G version.

I will check it out tonight at Best Buy.

Thank you, all.

You know they make laptops in form factors between a 17" and a netbook, right?

You can get an excellent 14" laptop that would be super mobile and would have a keyboard.

Just sayin'.

Define "super mobile".
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2281 on: September 01, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 01, 2010, 02:33:33 PM
I have made an important discovery.  If you are persistent and press the back arrow enough times you can get stuff that Andy wrote as far back as 2004.

Ummm...have you tried the 'Archive' link?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2282 on: September 01, 2010, 05:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 01, 2010, 04:54:29 PM
I have made an important discovery.  If you are persistent and press the back arrow enough times you can get stuff that Andy wrote as far back as 2004.

Why would I want to do that?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2283 on: September 01, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 01, 2010, 05:54:39 PM
Quote from: Oleg on September 01, 2010, 04:54:29 PM

Why would I want to do that?

Because Carlos Zambrano is awesome?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2284 on: September 01, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
Just got back from Best Buy.  Tried out the iPad.  I really like the functionality of it, as well as the quality of the build.  It seemed very sturdy.  The typing, I believe, is a bit hyped up.  After an initial learning curve I was able to type at a reasonable pace, with relatively few errors.  A veritable HUEYBOARD it is not.  The lack of a USB port is a concern, but I'm not looking at this thing for high-level word processing.

The only decision now is to either go with the 16 GB version with or without the 3G.  I think I'd be okay without the 3G, but who knows.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2285 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:26 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 01, 2010, 08:06:06 PM
Just got back from Best Buy.  Tried out the iPad.  I really like the functionality of it, as well as the quality of the build.  It seemed very sturdy.  The typing, I believe, is a bit hyped up.  After an initial learning curve I was able to type at a reasonable pace, with relatively few errors.  A veritable HUEYBOARD it is not.  The lack of a USB port is a concern, but I'm not looking at this thing for high-level word processing.

The only decision now is to either go with the 16 GB version with or without the 3G.  I think I'd be okay without the 3G, but who knows.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/04/ipad-camera-connection-kit-has-hidden-usb-capabilities.ars

A USB Port is available, although a bluetooth keyboard is probably the cheaper option.  As for the 3G its kind of a question of how far you want to stray from McDonalds and Starbucks
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2286 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
I have a wild animal problem.  They shot and killed a mountain lion in downtown Berkeley three days ago.  That is not my problem.  I just told you that to get your attention.  My problem is a raccoon.  Last week when I was getting my bike out of the basement I almost stepped in a present he had left for me right out side the basement door.  Mrs. Cubbieblue told me to sprinkle chili powder around there.  Perhaps it worked, because day before yesterday he left a similar present one flight up on the welcome mat on our deck.  So I sprinkled chilli powder at the base of the stairs leading to the deck.   This morning we found another present on the not so welcome anymore mat.   So, Desipiots, I need help.  Please don't tell me that killing the mountain lion is my problem after all.  I am not sure that having a neighborhoood mountain lion is the best solution, but I gave it some thought.  
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2287 on: September 04, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 04, 2010, 10:54:42 AM
I have a wild animal problem.  They shot and killed a mountain lion in downtown Berkeley three days ago.  That is not my problem.  I just told you that to get your attention.  My problem is a raccoon.  Last week when I was getting my bike out of the basement I almost stepped in a present he had left for me right out side the basement door.  Mrs. Cubbieblue told me to sprinkle chili powder around there.  Perhaps it worked, because day before yesterday he left a similar present one flight up on the welcome mat on our deck.  So I sprinkled chilli powder at the base of the stairs leading to the deck.   This morning we found another present on the not so welcome anymore mat.   So, Desipiots, I need help.  Please don't tell me that killing the mountain lion is my problem after all.  I am not sure that having a neighborhoood mountain lion is the best solution, but I gave it some thought.  

Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shakalu is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2288 on: September 04, 2010, 01:47:24 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2010, 01:44:23 PM

Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shakalu is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo.

We'll go to the loony bin together, I don't give a fuck.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #2289 on: September 04, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 04, 2010, 01:47:24 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2010, 01:44:23 PM

We'll go to the loony bin together, I don't give a fuck.

Alex: Where is your monkey?
Dante: He's upstairs putting his nun-chucks away.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2290 on: September 04, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »

Here's what you have to do. You take a hollowed-out log and you drill a 3" diameter hole in it. You take a bunch of nails and you pound them in around the hole so that they're angled inward. Put a bunch of them in there. Take some tin foil and stick it inside the log. Racoons love shiny stuff. They'll stick their little paws in the hole to grab the tin foil, but when they try to pull it out....BAM! Nails all up in their ass (paw). You'll find a tuckered out raccoon in the morning. Sprinkle some chili powder on it and kill it with a shovel. That's what I call "Good EatsĀ®."

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2291 on: September 04, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
I heard raccoon was greasy.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2292 on: September 04, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 04, 2010, 07:10:42 PM

It's not that greasy. It's like dark chicken meat. Although, the longer it struggles in the log o' death, the gamier it will be when you cook it. You may want to rig up some sort of rudimentary alarm system. Perhaps a string attached to the foil which is hooked to a bell via a system of pulleys?

(This may or may not be true. I've never technically "eaten" raccoon meat.)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2293 on: September 05, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 04, 2010, 09:02:09 PM

It's not that greasy. It's like dark chicken meat. Although, the longer it struggles in the log o' death, the gamier it will be when you cook it. You may want to rig up some sort of rudimentary alarm system. Perhaps a string attached to the foil which is hooked to a bell via a system of pulleys?

Chuck D wasn't eating. He was making love.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2294 on: September 05, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 05, 2010, 09:02:14 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on September 04, 2010, 09:02:09 PM

Chuck D wasn't eating. He was making love.

You weren't there, man! YOU WEREN'T THERE!