News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,244 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2325 on: September 10, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 10, 2010, 02:40:32 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 10, 2010, 02:37:44 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 10, 2010, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2010, 02:13:10 PM
Thanks, now that I've read the shit these people came up with I'm markedly angrier than I was ten minutes ago. 

I join you in anger.  I blame Josh Modell, among others:

QuoteManchester, England from 1979-1984, but goddamn this question, because it means I have to choose between seeing the Sex Pistols play legendary small gigs in 1976, and seeing Joy Division, The Smiths, and New Order. But I'm going with the latter, because it's actually nearer and dearer to my heart. I'd of course need to live near the Hacienda club, which opened in 1982 and featured amazing performances pretty much every night—The Smiths three times in 1983! Madonna in 1984! The Buzzcocks, New Order, etc. etc. I'd be able to watch Joy Division triumph (at the "Factory I" events in '79, and I'd even be close enough to go to the Bowdon Vale Youth Club gig), then see the Factory Records New Year's Eve party at Woolworth's on Oldham Street. Sadly, I guess I wouldn't be able to warn Ian Curtis' bandmates about his imminent suicide, but maybe he'd let me watch Werner Herzog's Stroszek with him before he did it. (How goth would that be?)

Ugh.

Sadly, I was considering London from 1976-1981 for the punk concerts. Don't judge me.

It's not what he said.  It's HOW he said it. 

Everything you say sounds beautiful.

Correct. I can't even come up with enough fake, snooty references to accurately lampoon this garbage.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2326 on: September 10, 2010, 03:10:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 10, 2010, 02:51:16 PM
Thanks, now that I've read the shit these people came up with I'm markedly angrier than I was ten minutes ago. 

QuoteManchester, England from 1979-1984, but goddamn this question, because it means I have to choose between seeing the Sex Pistols play legendary small gigs in 1976, and seeing Joy Division, The Smiths, and New Order. But I'm going with the latter, because it's actually nearer and dearer to my heart. I'd of course need to live near the Hacienda club, which opened in 1982 and featured amazing performances pretty much every night—The Smiths three times in 1983! Madonna in 1984! The Buzzcocks, New Order, etc. etc. I'd be able to watch Joy Division triumph (at the "Factory I" events in '79, and I'd even be close enough to go to the Bowdon Vale Youth Club gig), then see the Factory Records New Year's Eve party at Woolworth's on Oldham Street. Sadly, I guess I wouldn't be able to warn Ian Curtis' bandmates about his imminent suicide, but maybe he'd let me watch Werner Herzog's Stroszek with him before he did it. (How goth would that be?)

Ugh.

Sadly, I was considering London from 1976-1981 for the punk concerts. Don't judge me.

I declare that since anyone choosing these things is using a big city, I am going to expand my radius out a bit, because I'd like to stay where I am, but since there isn't another town within 5 miles of mine, I'm expanding the radius to 25 miles, and the years will be 2099-2104. In 2100, my high school will be opening a time capsule that I contributed a couple items to in 2000. I'd like to see that (I've always wanted to see that thing again, but I'll be 115 when it's opened). I'd also like to see what the world is like then. I'd like to see my house. I'd like to drive down 6th Streen in Springfield in a hovercraft. Life would be good.

Fuck it, I'm going year 3000. We'll all just be brains in jars controlling hydrocycles with our jarbrains.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2327 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 10, 2010, 03:10:52 PM

Ugh.

I declare that since anyone choosing these things is using a big city, I am going to expand my radius out a bit, because I'd like to stay where I am, but since there isn't another town within 5 miles of mine, I'm expanding the radius to 25 miles, and the years will be 2099-2104. In 2100, my high school will be opening a time capsule that I contributed a couple items to in 2000. I'd like to see that (I've always wanted to see that thing again, but I'll be 115 when it's opened). I'd also like to see what the world is like then. I'd like to see my house. I'd like to drive down 6th Street in Springfield in a hovercraft. Life would be good.

Fuck it, I'm going year 3000. We'll all just be brains in jars controlling hydrocycles with our jarbrains.

Yea, I thought about branching out that far ahead. Really, the main thing that keeps me to 2100 is the time capsule, which is probably shit anyway. I did think about technology, but with FLIP PHONES being popular a mere 4-5 years ago and a very very shitty mobile internet being on them, I have no concerns that I'll be underwhelmed by the technological advances

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2328 on: September 10, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 10, 2010, 03:24:24 PM

Ugh.

I declare that since anyone choosing these things is using a big city, I am going to expand my radius out a bit, because I'd like to stay where I am, but since there isn't another town within 5 miles of mine, I'm expanding the radius to 25 miles, and the years will be 2099-2104. In 2100, my high school will be opening a time capsule that I contributed a couple items to in 2000. I'd like to see that (I've always wanted to see that thing again, but I'll be 115 when it's opened). I'd also like to see what the world is like then. I'd like to see my house. I'd like to drive down 6th Street in Springfield in a hovercraft. Life would be good.

Yea, I thought about branching out that far ahead. Really, the main thing that keeps me to 2100 is the time capsule, which is probably shit anyway. I did think about technology, but with FLIP PHONES being popular a mere 4-5 years ago and a very very shitty mobile internet being on them, I have no concerns that I'll be underwhelmed by the technological advances

You want to see Slaky's time capsule? Or you've got your own with kiddie smut and Twinkies in it?

Also, you think you will be underwhelmed by 90 years of technological advances although you are very impressed with a mere 5 years of technological advances?

Your post frightens and confuses me.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2329 on: September 10, 2010, 03:34:26 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 10, 2010, 03:30:53 PM

Ugh.

You want to see Slaky's time capsule? Or you've got your own with kiddie smut and Twinkies in it?

Also, you think you will be underwhelmed by 90 years of technological advances although you are very impressed with a mere 5 years of technological advances?

Apparently you can't read.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2330 on: September 10, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 10, 2010, 03:34:26 PM

Ugh.

I'm overwhelmed by my lack of reading comprehension. I still want to know what's in your pervy time capsule though.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2331 on: September 10, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 10, 2010, 03:35:35 PM

Ugh.

I'm overwhelmed by my lack of reading comprehension. I still want to know what's in your pervy time capsule though.

The plans of 9/11 along with a subsequent mosque to be built right next door to the WTC

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2332 on: September 10, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
I would use it to take another spin through college (leggings and loose sweaters be damned).

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2333 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:22 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 10, 2010, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: R-V on September 10, 2010, 03:35:35 PM

Ugh.

The plans of 9/11 along with a subsequent mosque to be built right next door to the WTC

I don't understand why you're going 90 years in the future to see what shit looked like in 2000.  If you wanted that, you could just go back to 2000.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2334 on: September 10, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on September 10, 2010, 03:42:24 PM
I would use it to take another spin through college (leggings and loose sweaters be damned).

That's the interesting thing - aren't you your current age on this jaunt? You're not actually going through college again. You're just a dude who has a decent house and enough disposable income to live well that would happen to live near the college where the actual college-aged you matriculated.

If I understand the rules correctly. That would be kind of pointless, wouldn't it?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2335 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2010, 03:44:58 PM

That's the interesting thing - aren't you your current age on this jaunt? You're not actually going through college again. You're just a dude who has a decent house and enough disposable income to live well that would happen to live near the college where the actual college-aged you matriculated.

If I understand the rules correctly. That would be kind of pointless, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. Because if you had a shitload of $$, a place of your own, and you were able to somehow overcome the creepy factor of a middle-aged man hanging out with undergrad coeds, then I'd imagine you could have definitely a few nights of fun.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2336 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 10, 2010, 03:56:10 PM

Not necessarily. Because if you had a shitload of $$, a place of your own, and you were able to somehow overcome the creepy factor of a middle-aged man hanging out with undergrad coeds, then I'd imagine you could have definitely a few nights of fun.

Yeah but we all look like ourselves. We're all pretty creepy.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2337 on: September 10, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2010, 04:01:11 PM

I went on a tour of Berkely with our man CBStew last weekend and saw about 100 chicks that I thought were too young for me to even look at. For real, I'd feel like a total Yeti hanging with them. But the 3rd-year medical student who interviewed me at my Dr's office today about drove me wild with her... her... God, everything. I wanted to tell her whatever I lie I could think up to get her to touch me without my clothes on. But my Dr. (male) came in and killed all that fun.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2338 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
Wait, what were we doing?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2339 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2010, 04:01:11 PM

Speak for yourself
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.