News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,766 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2430 on: December 20, 2010, 03:16:47 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 20, 2010, 01:32:07 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 16, 2010, 08:30:05 AM
Working on Access 2003. I have an error report that I do where I list information about the error and then indicate the date I listed it in one column. Now, as a part of my job, I have to readdress these errors within a certain timeframe, like 1 week. If it hasn't been fixed by the region, I need to either contact them or send it back. That's neither here nor there though. What I want to do is have Access do a couple things for me. First, I'd like it to look at the date in the field and either automatically put an event in my calendar for one week in the future or send me an email telling me to address that error (the email would be sent from my own outlook to myself). On that same accord, if I were to fix the error and indicate it on Access (either by a check box or indicating the date fixed) I would want Access to realize this and cancel the event or just not send me the email.

Any thoughts?

By the way, I have messed with DateAdd() but I can't seem to find a way that it is automatically calculated from a date in an associated field. I can get it to automatically add 7 days from today's date. The reason this won't perfectly work is because I may not enter the information into Access until the next day.

Anything on this? No? Bueller? Bueller?

Moving on. Another issue: I bought a Sony iPod clock radio (ICF-CS10iP) for my office. It came with an AM antenna that, in a perfect world, would allow me to listen to the Score at work without having to stream it on my phone and use up my AT&T 2GB limit. However, for some reason, in my office, the channel won't come in. I can get local stations fine. During the day is when the signal is better I've noticed, the Score one that is. At night, it gets interfered with some Spanish station.

In summary, anyone know of an AM antenna I can buy that will allow me to pick up more of a signal? There is a 2 prong connector on the back that the antenna connects to. I would be open to something wireless that I could place at another spot of the building if need be.

Listening to The Score at work is about as far from a perfect world as I can imagine.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2431 on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »
Working on Access 2003. I have an error report that I do where I list information about the error and then indicate the date I listed it in one column. Now, as a part of my job, I have to readdress these errors within a certain timeframe, like 1 week. If it hasn't been fixed by the region, I need to either contact them or send it back. That's neither here nor there though. What I want to do is have Access do a couple things for me. First, I'd like it to look at the date in the field and either automatically put an event in my calendar for one week in the future or send me an email telling me to address that error (the email would be sent from my own outlook to myself). On that same accord, if I were to fix the error and indicate it on Access (either by a check box or indicating the date fixed) I would want Access to realize this and cancel the event or just not send me the email. 

Any thoughts?

By the way, I have messed with DateAdd() but I can't seem to find a way that it is automatically calculated from a date in an associated field. I can get it to automatically add 7 days from today's date. The reason this won't perfectly work is because I may not enter the information into Access until the next day.

Moving on. Another issue: I bought a Sony iPod clock radio (ICF-CS10iP) for my office. It came with an AM antenna that, in a perfect world, would allow me to listen to the Score at work without having to stream it on my phone and use up my AT&T 2GB limit. However, for some reason, in my office, the channel won't come in. I can get local stations fine. During the day is when the signal is better I've noticed, the Score one that is. At night, it gets interfered with some Spanish station.

In summary, anyone know of an AM antenna I can buy that will allow me to pick up more of a signal? There is a 2 prong connector on the back that the antenna connects to. I would be open to something wireless that I could place at another spot of the building if need be.

Move away from Bumblefuck, IL
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2432 on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 20, 2010, 08:06:52 PM

Any thoughts?

Move away from Bumblefuck, IL

I hate to say it, but when he's right, he's right.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2433 on: December 20, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »

I'm having a hard time allowing this into my head. If you want more signal, a longwire will work. If you want more directional gain, you're going to need a directional antenna. I don't have the heart to check WSCR's nighttime power output, but realize that it's probably lower than they're putting out during the day.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2434 on: December 20, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
DPD. Disconnect the loop, and physically rotate the radio. It has a (directional) ferrite rod in the first place. If you can't null the competing station, there's no magic solution.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2435 on: December 20, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »
TPD. Fine, they're nominally clear-channel. Fine. Just dandy. Having established the azimuth, one could reattach the loop and determine the incoming angle. If it were skywave, which is refracted from the sky. The sky, I say. Lo! Look down, but neither here nor there, as a signal that is stronger during the day may travel across the ground. Obtain an earphone and bury the radio in a pit loosely filled with loam. Monitor it closely. If there is no change at dusk, I think one may presume that the ionosphere, or something like it, is up to no good.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2436 on: December 21, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 20, 2010, 10:04:47 PM
TPD. Fine, they're nominally clear-channel. Fine. Just dandy. Having established the azimuth, one could reattach the loop and determine the incoming angle. If it were skywave, which is refracted from the sky. The sky, I say. Lo! Look down, but neither here nor there, as a signal that is stronger during the day may travel across the ground. Obtain an earphone and bury the radio in a pit loosely filled with loam. Monitor it closely. If there is no change at dusk, I think one may presume that the ionosphere, or something like it, is up to no good.

That Lo!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2437 on: December 21, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 21, 2010, 08:25:03 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 20, 2010, 10:04:47 PM

That Lo!

You two always blame the ionosphere.  Or something like it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2438 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 20, 2010, 03:16:47 PM
Listening to The Score at work is about as far from a perfect world as I can imagine.

Listening to Dan Bernstein be condescending to callers and his cohorts is good for me

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2439 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
How this turd of a ballgame ever came up in conversation, I don't know. But, the Retrosheet box score shows an interesting wrinkle the Baseball Reference box score does not.

Brace yourself for some killer pitching lines:

Chicago Cubs                 IP     H   R  ER  BB  SO  HR BFP
Schiraldi L(8-10)             4.1   7   8   7   2   5   0  22
DiPino                        3.2   8   5   5   2   4   1  21
Capel                         1     3   4   4   2   0   0   8
Totals                        9    18  17  12*  6   9   1  51

* - Team earned runs does not equal the composite totals for all pitchers due to instances in which provisions of Section 10.18 (i) of the Scoring rules were applied.

I go further down in the box score and I see this:

QuoteREDS 5TH: Jackson doubled; Quinones out on a sacrifice bunt
(pitcher to first) [Jackson to third]; Winningham singled to
right [Jackson scored]; Winningham stole second; Sabo walked;
Davis reached on an error by Salazar [Winningham to third, Sabo
to second]; DIPINO REPLACED SCHIRALDI (PITCHING); O'Neill
tripled to right [Winningham scored, Sabo scored, Davis scored
(unearned)]; Esasky singled to first [O'Neill scored]; Reed
singled to left [Esasky to third, Reed to second (on throw to
3b)]; Oester was called out on strikes; Jackson singled to right
[Esasky scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher), Reed to
third]; Quinones homered (unearned, but earned for the pitcher)
[Reed scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher), Jackson
scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher)]; Winningham
singled to center; Sabo struck out; 9 R (8 ER), 8 H, 1 E, 1 LOB.
Reds 13, Cubs 0.

So... Frank DiPino's ERA got screwed while the Cubs' team ERA did not? Can someone explain why? And is there not a better Cub to have had this happen to?

EDIT: To answer the second question, one need look no further than to the opposing pitcher that day.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2440 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
How could I have forgotten the Rolando Roomes era? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2441 on: December 21, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 21, 2010, 05:47:21 PM
How could I have forgotten the Rolando Roomes era? 

When you figure it out, share the secret with the rest of us.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2442 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »
This may be a horrible, horrible idea but the fiancee and I have set a date/venue for the wedding and if a few of you would like to attend on June 2nd, 2012, I believe I can swing a table for the Desipiot/HJE community of idiots. TDubbs is of course not allowed, but the rest of you can PM me if anyone's even remotely interested/able to come. Obviously don't feel obligated, but I waste 5-6 hours of taxpayer-funded working hours talking to you morons every day I suppose I can give you all a slice of wedding cake. We're not mailin' out invites yet but I'm just sounding this out to see if I can give her a rough estimate of how many of you may consider this a possibility.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2443 on: December 31, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
June 2, 2012?  What's your hurry?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2444 on: December 31, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 21, 2010, 03:39:22 PM
How this turd of a ballgame ever came up in conversation, I don't know. But, the Retrosheet box score shows an interesting wrinkle the Baseball Reference box score does not.

Brace yourself for some killer pitching lines:

Chicago Cubs                 IP     H   R  ER  BB  SO  HR BFP
Schiraldi L(8-10)             4.1   7   8   7   2   5   0  22
DiPino                        3.2   8   5   5   2   4   1  21
Capel                         1     3   4   4   2   0   0   8
Totals                        9    18  17  12*  6   9   1  51

* - Team earned runs does not equal the composite totals for all pitchers due to instances in which provisions of Section 10.18 (i) of the Scoring rules were applied.

I go further down in the box score and I see this:

QuoteREDS 5TH: Jackson doubled; Quinones out on a sacrifice bunt
(pitcher to first) [Jackson to third]; Winningham singled to
right [Jackson scored]; Winningham stole second; Sabo walked;
Davis reached on an error by Salazar [Winningham to third, Sabo
to second]; DIPINO REPLACED SCHIRALDI (PITCHING); O'Neill
tripled to right [Winningham scored, Sabo scored, Davis scored
(unearned)]; Esasky singled to first [O'Neill scored]; Reed
singled to left [Esasky to third, Reed to second (on throw to
3b)]; Oester was called out on strikes; Jackson singled to right
[Esasky scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher), Reed to
third]; Quinones homered (unearned, but earned for the pitcher)
[Reed scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher), Jackson
scored (unearned, but earned for the pitcher)]; Winningham
singled to center; Sabo struck out; 9 R (8 ER), 8 H, 1 E, 1 LOB.
Reds 13, Cubs 0.

So... Frank DiPino's ERA got screwed while the Cubs' team ERA did not? Can someone explain why? And is there not a better Cub to have had this happen to?

EDIT: To answer the second question, one need look no further than to the opposing pitcher that day.

Ha! I was at this game. Sitting in seats that Greg Maddux gave to his childhood friend, the golf pro at Otter Creek Golf Course in Columbus, Ind. My dad and the pro were close so I got to sit in those seats like once a year as a Ute. In addition to Danny Jackson's dominance, I vividely recall that a foul ball came screaming back over the screen and off the top of my friend's glove. We were kids so gloves at the game was non-[||]-worthy. After it hit his glove it struck an old lady on the wrist and broke her arm. Bummer. But if he hadn't tipped it and slowed it down things could have been a shite sight worse for granny.

One of the worst Cub games I've ever attended. At least in the top 5.  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.