News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,671 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2505 on: February 25, 2011, 11:18:28 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 25, 2011, 10:48:54 AM
Quote from: Bort on February 25, 2011, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 25, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
Quote from: smg on February 25, 2011, 10:13:25 AM
Is even TurboTax Premier robust enough to report tenders and sales of RSUs, where the original RSU was converted into cash plus shares of an acquiring company, and then sold, and the 1099s show only the cash and the stock sales on separate forms?  I have instructions on how to do lengthy but not complicated calculations to figure out basis and net gain/loss, but then the numbers on Schedule D don't match the 1099s, which seems bad, in terms of potentially tripping an audit flag.  Annoyingly, this is all really just a reporting issue and not a cash issue -- all of the grants and withholdings are already in my W2, and there is only trivial gain/loss.  But I seriously cannot figure out how to report it.  I should hire someone, right?  But I've never hired anyone.  Grrr.

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Hi.

She needs them notarized?

He'll notarize them on camera for $500.

No ghey stuff, though.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2506 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
Slaky... The internet needs your help:

http://www.mdaniels.com/profanity/
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2507 on: March 02, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2509 on: March 22, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
OK, we want to start scanning all of our packing slips into a feed scanner and then have Acrobat or other text recognition software recognize the packing slip number and separate each page as its own file with the packing slip number as its file name. Can this be done?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2510 on: March 22, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 22, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
OK, we want to start scanning all of our packing slips into a feed scanner and then have Acrobat or other text recognition software recognize the packing slip number and separate each page as its own file with the packing slip number as its file name. Can this be done?

Of course it's possible, but you'd probably be better suited buying something off the shelf instead of hacking it together.

Just Google for some combination of OCR invoice 'order number' scan script and you should be able to find some vendors. Here's a couple that I found in a few minutes:

http://www.simpleindex.com/Features/index_and_rename_office_documents.asp

QuoteThe template and dictionary matching capabilities of SimpleIndex's OCR function can be used to extract index information from the text of existing MS Office and PDF files, or any file with an accompanying TXT file.  SimpleIndex® will search the document for matches on unique patterns and value lists, then index the document with the matching data.  Zone coordinates can be set to limit the search area to pre-defined regions on standard forms.  The result is a fully automated indexing and renaming process for all your electronic documents!

http://www.savance.com/Products/eDocSavant.aspx

QuoteSince Savance's eDocSavant just monitors new files in specified directories to begin the indexing process, you can leverage your existing multi-function printer or copier. The software is intuitive enough to read fields using bar code or OCR, separate documents when a new order number is read, and lookup information against the synchronized OrderSavant database to create a PDF with the critical information embedded in the file name and PDF attributes.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2511 on: March 23, 2011, 09:20:24 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 22, 2011, 07:46:31 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 22, 2011, 10:01:07 AM

Of course it's possible, but you'd probably be better suited buying something off the shelf instead of hacking it together.

Just Google for some combination of OCR invoice 'order number' scan script and you should be able to find some vendors. Here's a couple that I found in a few minutes:

http://www.simpleindex.com/Features/index_and_rename_office_documents.asp

QuoteThe template and dictionary matching capabilities of SimpleIndex's OCR function can be used to extract index information from the text of existing MS Office and PDF files, or any file with an accompanying TXT file.  SimpleIndex® will search the document for matches on unique patterns and value lists, then index the document with the matching data.  Zone coordinates can be set to limit the search area to pre-defined regions on standard forms.  The result is a fully automated indexing and renaming process for all your electronic documents!

http://www.savance.com/Products/eDocSavant.aspx

QuoteSince Savance's eDocSavant just monitors new files in specified directories to begin the indexing process, you can leverage your existing multi-function printer or copier. The software is intuitive enough to read fields using bar code or OCR, separate documents when a new order number is read, and lookup information against the synchronized OrderSavant database to create a PDF with the critical information embedded in the file name and PDF attributes.

Thank you.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2512 on: March 25, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
Preface: I don't have Netflix (or any other streaming video service) and I rarely watch TV, so I don't know about a lot of this, cable-company whoring aside.

Am I wasting my time buying Disney movies for the kids in blu-ray, in terms of a long-term "investment"?

Will there come a time (in the near future) when they'll all be readily available for streaming at a reasonable monthly cost where it makes more sense to do that than to collect the blu-rays so that I always have them at hand when needed? 

I don't really care about the value of the disks and I wouldn't re-sell them or anything, but with their movies only being released from the vault every so often, is it worth constantly jumping on them, or will the same quality (1080p) be available for streaming soon enough that this is waste of time?

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2513 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 25, 2011, 02:59:28 PM
I don't really care about the value of the disks and I wouldn't re-sell them or anything...

At least not until they break.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2514 on: March 25, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 25, 2011, 02:59:28 PMI rarely watch TV

We get it, you're better than us.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2515 on: March 25, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »
We're still years away from that kind of widespread bandwidth availability. Hell, millions are still stuck with DSL. You should be fine for the next...five years, at least. Netflixers, does your content stream in actual HD? I'd be surprised but that's more likely than Hulu right now.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2516 on: March 25, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 25, 2011, 03:08:53 PM
We're still years away from that kind of widespread bandwidth availability. Hell, millions are still stuck with DSL. You should be fine for the next...five years, at least. Netflixers, does your content stream in actual HD? I'd be surprised but that's more likely than Hulu right now.

Mine does.  My speed is 16 mps download and 5 mps upload.  Netflix calls it "Xtra-Fine HD" or something like that.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2517 on: March 25, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2011, 03:04:01 PM
Quote from: PenPho on March 25, 2011, 02:59:28 PMI rarely watch TV

We get it, you're better than us.

I make my career out of people watching TV, it's certainly not in my benefit to hold myself higher than them.  
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2518 on: March 25, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 25, 2011, 03:10:07 PM

Mine does.  My speed is 16 mps download and 5 mps upload.  Netflix calls it "Xtra-Fine HD" or something like that.

I see. Closer than I thought then. Heed his words, Pen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2519 on: March 25, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 25, 2011, 03:10:07 PM

Any ideas of the Disney stuff is available?

Didn't know if they restricted availability like they do on DVD.