News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,238 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2580 on: April 18, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 18, 2011, 11:18:07 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 18, 2011, 11:13:43 AM
Or buy a Mac from Yeti's Premium Used Electronics Megastore Emporium. Dot com.

Link's broken.

Try this one.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2581 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
How do you Droid users handle syncing music and transferring songs to the phone efficiently? I've been using the VCast Media Manager to move songs to my phone, and that's not bad, but I didn't know if anyone knew of a better alternative for moving the files to the phone, using less space (I'm grabbing them from the iTunes library and I'm not sure if the format is as compressed as it should be), or just a really good music player app (The Android Music player is nice though).

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2582 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 19, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
How do you Droid users handle syncing music and transferring songs to the phone efficiently? I've been using the VCast Media Manager to move songs to my phone, and that's not bad, but I didn't know if anyone knew of a better alternative for moving the files to the phone, using less space (I'm grabbing them from the iTunes library and I'm not sure if the format is as compressed as it should be), or just a really good music player app (The Android Music player is nice though).

Have you tried Amazon Cloud Drive? It stores the music remotely and you access it through the Cloud Player app. I've got music on the Cloud Drive, but I haven't tried the app yet.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2583 on: April 20, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on April 19, 2011, 09:32:51 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 19, 2011, 02:42:13 PM

Have you tried Amazon Cloud Drive? It stores the music remotely and you access it through the Cloud Player app. I've got music on the Cloud Drive, but I haven't tried the app yet.

Thanks. I had heard some of the ads, but hadn't thought of it. I messed with it a little, and it seems to work well. One positive is that I don't actually have to load the songs on my phone if I don't want. You can stream them if you have a connection. If I make the complete switch to it, it would only cost $50/year, which I can handle. This is definitely a good option

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2584 on: April 21, 2011, 08:53:08 AM »

Anyone know if there are any programs that assist Seniors in getting (non-reverse) mortgages?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2585 on: April 21, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 21, 2011, 08:53:08 AM

Anyone know if there are any programs that assist Seniors in getting (non-reverse) mortgages?

Is your AARP card laminated?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2586 on: April 21, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 21, 2011, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 21, 2011, 08:53:08 AM

Is your AARP card laminated?

I'm actually TDubbs in reverse, buying a CONDO for my mother-in-law.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2587 on: April 22, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
The I Ching: "geomancy" or not?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2588 on: April 23, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 22, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Qualified no. There are similarities, but I think there is a subtle difference in the use and purpose. But I'm speaking from the gut, not any detailed analysis.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2589 on: April 23, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 23, 2011, 08:42:55 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 22, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Qualified no. There are similarities, but I think there is a subtle difference in the use and purpose. But I'm speaking from the gut, not any detailed analysis.

Yah, that's my inclination, but I can't quite pin it down. (I was spurred by this.) It seems clear that if a random-number generator that produces lines (here including letterforms) to be interpreted were enough, the Postmodernism Generator would qualify.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2590 on: April 26, 2011, 07:05:07 AM »
I had assumed that "with our brothers we will share" from One Tin Soldier represented an offering (followed by I suppose an implicitly senseless attack), but the Cher cartoon is getting to me. Have I misconstrued the Hill People?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2591 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
Anyone know a good site that's either free or very inexpensive for posting jobs?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2592 on: April 29, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
I feel like this will give any number of denizens of this dark corner all sorts of raging nerd boners...

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/04/25/star-wars-death-star-economics/
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2593 on: June 05, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
Does anybody know anybody in the Palm Bay, Florida, area? This is not a drill.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #2594 on: June 05, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 05, 2011, 12:51:30 PM
Does anybody know anybody in the Palm Bay, Florida, area? This is not a drill.
I am in Merritt Island which is 20 minutes from there.