News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,155 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2655 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2011, 11:24:19 AM
Quote from: thehawk on July 07, 2011, 11:08:03 AM

From our perspective, with all due respect to Chuck, he's as wrong here as he always is.  You have to work a little harder to make sure your kid is edumacated in the city, but it can be done.  Meanwhile you have such things like the Field, Shedd, Adler and MSI for the little one to go to, and trains and busses and lots of parks and playgrounds to play on

How the fuck did I sneak into any of those places without my city resident's card?

In no way am I advocating living all the way out in Huntley or Sugar Grove or Wonder Lake or Chesterton, but suburban living Chuck-style isn't shitty. Chicago's a world-class city as far as restaurants, theater, live entertainment, museums, etc., etc., but being 20 minutes away by car and 30-35 minutes by train isn't too shitty. Hell, I bet if Chuck and R-V left their home at the same time to go take their kids to the Field Museum (or a Bears game), Chuck beats R-V no matter what method of transportation he chooses.

To ORD, Chuck beats the hell out of R-V every.single.time.

I think you missed the point.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2656 on: July 07, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 07, 2011, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: BH on July 07, 2011, 09:18:12 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 07, 2011, 09:07:52 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 07, 2011, 09:03:35 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 07, 2011, 08:32:21 AM
Quote from: BH on July 07, 2011, 07:33:16 AM
To continue this theme, I'm most likely moving back to Chicago. Any of you folks on here with kids recommend certain areas of the city?

RV - you like north center?

If you're moving back to the area, you don't have a very big window with your kids to live in the city, unless the Big JP Morgan in The Sky has dropped a six figure salary in your lap and you can afford private schooling for junior.  You know, my brother did say you were a pretty big wheel down at the cash factory.

So sell him your place.

If he moved here, his window would definitely close when the kid goes to kindergarten.  RV's point is good--enough up-and-coming trixies and chads have settled into Lakeview and North Center to make them more realistic than nearly most every other neighborhood for the early years of schooling.

Do you still live in Rogers park?

For 14 more days, which, frankly, can't count down quickly enough.  I can so visualize my rolling around in our backyard with nothing but my PANKhelmet on that I can actually feel it.

Where are you moving to next?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2657 on: July 07, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »

From our perspective, with all due respect to Chuck, he's as wrong here as he always is.  You have to work a little harder to make sure your kid is edumacated in the city, but it can be done.  Meanwhile you have such things like the Field, Shedd, Adler and MSI for the little one to go to, and trains and busses and lots of parks and playgrounds to play on

How the fuck did I sneak into any of those places without my city resident's card?

In no way am I advocating living all the way out in Huntley or Sugar Grove or Wonder Lake or Chesterton, but suburban living Chuck-style isn't shitty. Chicago's a world-class city as far as restaurants, theater, live entertainment, museums, etc., etc., but being 20 minutes away by car and 30-35 minutes by train isn't too shitty. Hell, I bet if Chuck and R-V left their home at the same time to go take their kids to the Field Museum (or a Bears game), Chuck beats R-V no matter what method of transportation he chooses.

Door to door? I'll take that bet.

Being close to O Hare is great if you travel a lot, but if you don't, who cares.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2658 on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2011, 11:51:49 AM

Being close to O Hare is great if you travel a lot, but if you don't, who cares.

20 minutes to O'Hare.
20 minutes to Great America
65 minutes to Lake Geneva
25 minutes to the Loop
Grade Schools ranked 1, 3 and 13th in Cook County

And, I'm not sure I see what part of "the option of a yard, finished basement, and extra bedrooms for the same price as Chicago was too good to skip.  That, and the schools were superior" is so 10.17(c).

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2659 on: July 07, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2011, 11:57:09 AM

20 minutes to O'Hare.
25 minutes to the Loop

And, I'm not sure I see what part of "the option of a yard, finished basement, and extra bedrooms for the same price as Chicago was too good to skip.  That, and the schools were superior" is so 10.17(c).

This list says cook county, but there isn't one city school in the top 300? That doesn't make sense.
Also - what are the criteria?

For the record, Glenview is great, not disputing that.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2660 on: July 07, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 07, 2011, 12:05:58 PM
This list says cook county, but there isn't one city school in the top 300? That doesn't make sense.

I think they take out CPS schools.  Too hard to compare CPS to all the small districts out here.

Glenview is also home to Todd Hundley.

So, that sucks.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2661 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 07, 2011, 12:05:58 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2011, 11:57:09 AM

20 minutes to O'Hare.
25 minutes to the Loop

I think (not sure though) that list is Cook County outside of the city. Here's the city list

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/October-2010/Best-Elementary-Schools-City-of-Chicago/

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2662 on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »

Are you accounting for the time it takes to scrub the city bum city piss out of your city car?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2663 on: July 07, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 07, 2011, 12:37:38 PM

Are you accounting for the time it takes to scrub the city bum city piss out of your city car?

Plus the extra time to get your car from the impound lot and have the boot removed because of all the unpaid parking tickets.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2664 on: July 07, 2011, 12:50:17 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 07, 2011, 12:48:41 PM

Plus the extra time to get your car from the impound lot and have the boot removed because of all the unpaid parking tickets.

Not to mention the time to file a police report and insurance claim because someone broke into your car and stole your golf clubs.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2665 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:56 PM »

They don't put boots on the cars they impound. You'd get eaten alive in the big city, Scottsdale.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2666 on: July 07, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 07, 2011, 12:57:56 PM

They don't put boots on the cars they impound. You'd get eaten alive in the big city, Scottsdale.

If only I had acquired the type of street smarts that come from growing up on the mean streets of Winnetka.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2667 on: July 07, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
This suburbs vs. city debate has put some muscle into everyone's frappucino. I like it.

On an unrelated note, why do guys that live in the suburbs lick so many animal buttholes?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2668 on: July 07, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2011, 01:10:59 PM
This suburbs vs. city debate has put some muscle into everyone's frappucino. I like it.

On an unrelated note, why do guys that live in the suburbs lick so many animal buttholes?

And why do people in cars assume Oleg is from the suburbs?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2669 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2011, 01:10:59 PM

What else are we going to eat? The baby back ribs from Chili's?