News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,621 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2805 on: June 06, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 06, 2012, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 06, 2012, 06:02:48 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 06, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
Might be moving to San Diego. Anyone familiar enough for housing recommendations?

What you looking for?

I'd like to be close to a beach, but not more than $1200 per month close. Easy and relatively quick access to downtown. Fairly quiet and not too close to college student party craziness/general buffoonery. (Such as Pacific Beach but with a safe buffer from Garnet.) A Trader Joe's and the like nearby would be really nice. Somewhere to park. Good building management, too. I found one on Haines that meets all this except the management has pretty bad reviews. It'd be a plus if cats are allowed but I'll compromise on that for the other stuff.

I also want M&M's in a dish on the table. Red ones. The M&M's should be managed by a rotating cast of beautiful swimsuit models in bikinis. And Kate Upton is my roommate.

How long of a commute are you shooting for?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2806 on: June 06, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 06, 2012, 08:44:54 PM
Might be moving to San Diego. Anyone familiar enough for housing recommendations?

What you looking for?

I'd like to be close to a beach, but not more than $1200 per month close. Easy and relatively quick access to downtown. Fairly quiet and not too close to college student party craziness/general buffoonery. (Such as Pacific Beach but with a safe buffer from Garnet.) A Trader Joe's and the like nearby would be really nice. Somewhere to park. Good building management, too. I found one on Haines that meets all this except the management has pretty bad reviews. It'd be a plus if cats are allowed but I'll compromise on that for the other stuff.

I also want M&M's in a dish on the table. Red ones. The M&M's should be managed by a rotating cast of beautiful swimsuit models in bikinis. And Kate Upton is my roommate.

Ideally ten minutes, but if it meets everything on the list and is really close to a beach I'd go up to 20, 25.  My commute is 50 now and I'm kinda worn out.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2807 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 06, 2012, 08:53:54 PM

What you looking for?

Ideally ten minutes, but if it meets everything on the list and is really close to a beach I'd go up to 20, 25.  My commute is 50 now and I'm kinda worn out.

Intrepid Reader: Huey

How do you feel about biking to the train?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2808 on: June 06, 2012, 10:09:42 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 06, 2012, 10:03:21 PM

What you looking for?

As if they've got trains in San Diego.  Pshaw.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2809 on: June 06, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 06, 2012, 10:09:42 PM

What you looking for?

Metrolink, ogdens!

But seriously, I'd stay away from towns and areas right on the border with TJ; that's just asking for trouble right there.

Pacific Beach, La Jolla, and Chula Vista are good.

I'm also partial to Encinitas and Del Mar, if being on the ocean tickles your fancy (caveat: those are pretty far north of the city).

I had a one hour commute going from West Los Angeles to Downtown each day, so if you're willing to stomach it, you could go to the OC (Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano [home of the swallows]) and drive down the 5 each day, but this would be an hour and a half each way every day (but you'd be in a pretty plush location).

www.padmapper.com should provide a solid overview of places.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2810 on: June 06, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »

What you looking for?

Pussy.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2811 on: June 06, 2012, 11:51:56 PM »
Do y'all think "even whores can reject perverts" might be an effective negotiating strategy with people who think everything can be compensated at a fixed rate?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2812 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »
Quote from: flannj on June 06, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

What you looking for?

Pussy.

:(
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2813 on: June 07, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 07, 2012, 07:06:21 AM
Quote from: flannj on June 06, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

What you looking for?

Pussy.

:(

You can live in Tijuana and take the trolley.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2814 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 06, 2012, 11:02:16 PM

What you looking for?

Metrolink, ogdens!

But seriously, I'd stay away from towns and areas right on the border with TJ; that's just asking for trouble right there.

I'm also partial to Encinitas and Del Mar, if being on the ocean tickles your fancy (caveat: those are pretty far north of the city).

I had a one hour commute going from West Los Angeles to Downtown each day, so if you're willing to stomach it, you could go to the OC (Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano [home of the swallows]) and drive down the 5 each day, but this would be an hour and a half each way every day (but you'd be in a pretty plush location).

Sterling: I'd like a place with a 25 minute commute, max.

Gil: Here are some great places with an hour and a half commute!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2815 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
Stay out of my beach community. Fuckin' goldbricker.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2816 on: June 07, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »

What you looking for?

Metrolink, ogdens!

Thank you Gil. Do you have any recommendations on PM companies, whether good ones or ones to avoid?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2817 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »

What you looking for?

See, that's a decent post. Actually made me lol. It's a shame now that you're finding your legs that you'll be rooting for the Padres and Chargers and leaving this place for good. I'll remember you.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2818 on: June 07, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 07, 2012, 10:23:57 AM

What you looking for?

Ideally ten minutes, but if it meets everything on the list and is really close to a beach I'd go up to 20, 25.  My commute is 50 now and I'm kinda worn out.

As if they've got trains in San Diego.  Pshaw.

Metrolink, ogdens!

Thank you Gil. Do you have any recommendations on PM companies, whether good ones or ones to avoid?

Plenty of options in your price range on Coronado Island.

I don't know what it would be like to actually live there in terms of social life, but the commute wouldn't be too bad over the bridge each day, assuming you're working downtown S.D.  and it's obviously very close the beach
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2819 on: June 07, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 07, 2012, 12:38:12 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 07, 2012, 10:23:57 AM

What you looking for?

Ideally ten minutes, but if it meets everything on the list and is really close to a beach I'd go up to 20, 25.  My commute is 50 now and I'm kinda worn out.

As if they've got trains in San Diego.  Pshaw.

Metrolink, ogdens!

Plenty of options in your price range on Coronado Island.

I don't know what it would be like to actually live there in terms of social life, but the commute wouldn't be too bad over the bridge each day, assuming you're working downtown S.D.  and it's obviously very close the beach

Hadn't thought of Coronado, thanks Pen.