News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,853 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2865 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 03, 2012, 09:39:59 PM
Simmer (approx 190F) then steep for 30 min http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Verbena-Ice-Cream-238935

Here's the thing: the recipe called for the milk-cream mixture to be "warm." When I think of warm milk, I think of putting liquids on my wrist. So I heated it to 110°F and set it to steep. This felt wrong, and a few minutes later I brought it to 135°. At this point, I was a runaway neurosis machine, so I heated it for a third time, to 150°. I figured I wanted to be just able to smell it rather than making a show of cooking off the volatiles. It was only at about 140° that I started to get color out of it, which is an oddly appropriate yellow rather than chlorophyll green. The base is still chilling, but I suspect it's going to come in under the "subtle" category. If anyone tells you again that 1 cup of verbena is adequate to 1.5 quarts of ice cream, punch them in the face and walk away.

QuoteAnd no, unless the dildo referred to is sentient

That doesn't help at all.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2866 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »
Getting a birthday gift for a friend.  She loves sipping champagne, "the more expensive the better."  Right.  So, Only Site, readily acknowledging this is probably not your normal elixir, but can you recommend a good champagne for a good, not-so-expensive price?  The more not-so-expensive (without being crystal piss), the better.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2867 on: September 09, 2012, 10:09:58 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 09, 2012, 09:01:51 PM
Getting a birthday gift for a friend.  She loves sipping champagne, "the more expensive the better."  Right.  So, Only Site, readily acknowledging this is probably not your normal elixir, but can you recommend a good champagne for a good, not-so-expensive price?  The more not-so-expensive (without being crystal piss), the better.

Go to the Bevmo in Mission Valley and buy this: http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?N=39+4294967204&area=Wine&No=0&ProductID=36076&Ns=HighestRating|1

They have 5 more.

Protip: Bevmo is amazing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2868 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 09, 2012, 10:09:58 PM

Sounds pretty gay, to be honest.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2869 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2870 on: September 09, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »

Go to the Bevmo in Mission Valley and buy this: http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?N=39+4294967204&area=Wine&No=0&ProductID=36076&Ns=HighestRating|1

They have 5 more.

Thank you.  How should I store it?  No wine cellar, no a/c.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2871 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »

A bottle of Billecart-Salmon rosé should run you about $60. If you don't want to go that high, get the NV Roederer Estate for $25 or so.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2872 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 09, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

They have 5 more.

Put it in the crisper of your fridge covered by a dark towel.  Should be fine.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2873 on: September 10, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 09, 2012, 11:44:03 PM

They have 5 more.

Why does the towel need to be dark?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2874 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 10, 2012, 01:06:12 AM

They have 5 more.

Just in case that little light does stay on when you close the door.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2875 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 10, 2012, 01:06:12 AM

They have 5 more.

Because SHUT YOUR UGLY FACE, FLANDERS!!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2876 on: September 22, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »
OK, I have somehow been delivered a manuscript with figures that were prepared at poster size (10 feet wide, 72 dpi). The problem is that these are actually going to be delivered at about 21 pica width. Is there a heuristic for an optimal dpi when rescaling? It's a combination of line art and color scale; I'm not really happy with the line art at 600 dpi, and I really don't know why the fuck I'm bothering instead of just spiking the things and telling them to put the thing together themselves instead of taking a coconut break.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2877 on: September 22, 2012, 05:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 22, 2012, 12:18:49 AM
OK, I have somehow been delivered a manuscript with figures that were prepared at poster size (10 feet wide, 72 dpi). The problem is that these are actually going to be delivered at about 21 pica width. Is there a heuristic for an optimal dpi when rescaling? It's a combination of line art and color scale; I'm not really happy with the line art at 600 dpi, and I really don't know why the fuck I'm bothering instead of just spiking the things and telling them to put the thing together themselves instead of taking a coconut break.

Yup, these are my readers.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2878 on: September 22, 2012, 12:06:28 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 22, 2012, 12:18:49 AM

I had a case representing a university professor who was denied tenure.  I had to learn what "heuristic" meant.  That was about 8 years ago.  I have since forgotten.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2879 on: September 22, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 22, 2012, 12:06:28 PM
I had a case representing a university professor who was denied tenure.  I had to learn what "heuristic" meant.  That was about 8 years ago.  I have since forgotten.

Heuristic Algorithm.