News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,635 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2895 on: October 22, 2012, 09:31:19 AM »
Is anyone here handy with interior painting? We just bought a house and the previous owner painted the ceilings with some sort of cheap glossy paint that's bubbling and peeling. If we were going to paint over that with a normal flat paint, what's the process? Do we need to sand off all of the previous, peeling paint? Just prime and paint over it? Write a check to someone who knows what they're doing?

#desipiohgtv

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2896 on: October 22, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 22, 2012, 09:31:19 AM
Is anyone here handy with interior painting? We just bought a house and the previous owner painted the ceilings with some sort of cheap glossy paint that's bubbling and peeling. If we were going to paint over that with a normal flat paint, what's the process? Do we need to sand off all of the previous, peeling paint? Just prime and paint over it? Write a check to someone who knows what they're doing?

#desipiohgtv

What's the cost of drywall where you live?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2897 on: October 22, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »

#desipiohgtv

How high are the ceilings? 

Assuming it's just white paint, you can probably just prime and then repaint, however you'll at least need to scrape the bubbling and peeling parts and then sand them which is always the absolute bitch of painting.  Basically, if this going to require a ton of ladder work (as opposed to just a roller on an extension rod) I'd just pay somebody to do it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2898 on: October 22, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 22, 2012, 09:43:54 AM
What's the cost of drywall where you live?

TOO DAMN HIGH.

Quote from: CT III on October 22, 2012, 09:49:05 AM
How high are the ceilings? 

Assuming it's just white paint, you can probably just prime and then repaint, however you'll at least need to scrape the bubbling and peeling parts and then sand them which is always the absolute bitch of painting.  Basically, if this going to require a ton of ladder work (as opposed to just a roller on an extension rod) I'd just pay somebody to do it.

Ceilings are 8 feet, I believe, except for a few vaulted spaces that go a bit higher. So if we had an extension rod (||), I think it'd be pretty accessible. I figured there would be sanding involved if we didn't want the first layer to pull off the new layer.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2899 on: October 22, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »

#desipiohgtv

Maybe that's the look that the previous owner was going for.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2900 on: October 23, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

#desipiohgtv

Check for any water leakage while you're at it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2901 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
Congrats on the home purchase, Eli.

I've nothing to add other than after having painted 7 different rooms in the last 6 years that it's probably my least favorite thing to do ever.  Have fun
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2902 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
Is there an easy way to access this place on those fancy interweb phones? Like a message board reader app? I hate using the browser on my phone so I end up wasting my time with stupid games/reddit/twitter instead of wasting my time here.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2903 on: October 23, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
Is there an easy way to access this place on those fancy interweb phones? Like a message board reader app? I hate using the browser on my phone so I end up wasting my time with stupid games/reddit/twitter instead of wasting my time here.

I've never found one, but it looks like this one might work. 
Though Andy may need to install some sort of MOD. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2904 on: October 23, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 23, 2012, 03:23:37 PM

I've never found one, but it looks like this one might work. 
Though Andy may need to install some sort of MOD. 

I think I tried that one. It didn't work, but it looks like Andy could fix that. Problem is he never comes here so he'll never know about it. He does tweet a lot though. If only it was easier to access Desipio on a smart phone, then he might see this.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2905 on: October 28, 2012, 01:50:43 AM »
Anybody have a Cinemageddon account? It's apparently now invitation-only, and I'm curious about the "Russian Fantastika" stuff. (Not that I'm having much luck finding the 2.35 Ikarie XB1.)
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2906 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM »

There's always this: http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?;wap2

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2907 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM

Huge improvement in readability, thanks.

Wish it could still have the "Show unread posts since last visit" option.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2908 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:13:58 AM

It still highlights the categories that have new posts in red to give you that information.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2909 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 29, 2012, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:13:58 AM

It still highlights the categories that have new posts in red to give you that information.

Ahh...I see that. Didn't know what the red meant.

Only site indeed.