News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,424 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2910 on: October 31, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 29, 2012, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:13:58 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on October 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
Is there an easy way to access this place on those fancy interweb phones? Like a message board reader app? I hate using the browser on my phone so I end up wasting my time with stupid games/reddit/twitter instead of wasting my time here.

There's always this: http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?;wap2

Huge improvement in readability, thanks.

Wish it could still have the "Show unread posts since last visit" option.

It still highlights the categories that have new posts in red to give you that information.

Ahh...I see that. Didn't know what the red meant.

Only site indeed.

Yeah this is great. So much easier to read. Thanks. This is probably a stupid question, but you can't post right?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2911 on: October 31, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2012, 12:37:57 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 29, 2012, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 10:13:58 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on October 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
Is there an easy way to access this place on those fancy interweb phones? Like a message board reader app? I hate using the browser on my phone so I end up wasting my time with stupid games/reddit/twitter instead of wasting my time here.

There's always this: http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?;wap2

Huge improvement in readability, thanks.

Wish it could still have the "Show unread posts since last visit" option.

It still highlights the categories that have new posts in red to give you that information.

Ahh...I see that. Didn't know what the red meant.

Only site indeed.

Yeah this is great. So much easier to read. Thanks. This is probably a stupid question, but you can't post right?

Pretty sure you can, from what I remember. It's been a while since I've used that version. I think you can't quote people, so consider yourself a Dolan.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2912 on: November 09, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »
I've moved my 15k song iTunes library on to iMatch.  
itunes blows, has put the wrong artists on songs, wrong cover art, wrong song names, I now have a ton of dupes, etc..  anyone use a program like tuneup or tune cleaner to cleanup and properly organize their library?
do they work well?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2913 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
Has anyone ever purchased or attempted to purchase a foreclosed home? 

As we have 6 months left on our rent, I was thinking that this might be an opportunity for us since I understand the process takes a while.

I'll hang up and wait for any and all smartass responses, particularly those about leaving Arizona to purchase a foreclosure.

Looking at you, CT.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2914 on: December 12, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 12, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
I'll hang up and wait for any and all smartass responses, particularly those about leaving Arizona to purchase a foreclosure.

Looking at you, CT.

Self-actualizing butthurt: achieved.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2915 on: December 23, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »
Alright, I've been working to help a friend get her passwords reset and I have them done right. However, I'm having an issue with her iPhone. The AppleID she uses is "lastnameyearborn"@gmail.com. The iPhone (iphone 4, BTW) had "lastnameyearborn"@me.com as her apple ID. I couldn't get that me.com password reset, so I "deleted that Apple ID" from the phone as her iCloud account and logged her into the gmail.com one. Everything on the phone's settings shows her apple ID as gmail.com, including the iTunes & App Stores section. There are apps that need updated, so when I go to update them, it prompts entry of a password but the Apple ID it is listing is the me.com one instead of the gmail.com one. Any indication on what I need to do? (aside from selling it to the Philippines)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2916 on: December 23, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 23, 2012, 06:28:51 PM
There are apps that need the fuck updated,

Fixed.

Quote from: Yeti on December 23, 2012, 06:28:51 PMso when I go to update them, it prompts entry of a password but the Apple ID it is listing is the me.com one instead of the gmail.com one. Any indication on what I need to do? (aside from selling it to the Philippines)

I don't normally recommend these "repair permissions" clowns, but see here. The two basic suggestions are updating the apps individually and this:

QuoteUnder "Settings" go to "Store" and tap the current "Apple ID" then just log in with the new one.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2917 on: December 24, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 23, 2012, 07:49:35 PM

Fixed.

Quote from: Yeti on December 23, 2012, 06:28:51 PMso when I go to update them, it prompts entry of a password but the Apple ID it is listing is the me.com one instead of the gmail.com one. Any indication on what I need to do? (aside from selling it to the Philippines)

I don't normally recommend these "repair permissions" clowns, but see here. The two basic suggestions are updating the apps individually and this:

QuoteUnder "Settings" go to "Store" and tap the current "Apple ID" then just log in with the new one.

I had gone to settings, store, etc, and logged in with the new one. It appears that I can't update the apps that were downloaded under the @me.com address. The solution is going to be (as tedious as it will be) to delete the apps and download it again as it will download under the @gmail.com account.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2918 on: December 26, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 24, 2012, 09:48:10 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 23, 2012, 07:49:35 PM

Fixed.

I had gone to settings, store, etc, and logged in with the new one. It appears that I can't update the apps that were downloaded under the @me.com address. The solution is going to be (as tedious as it will be) to delete the apps and download it again as it will download under the @gmail.com account.

From what I understand, that is what you have to do.  You cannot 'transfer' purchases from one account to another in Itunes (I asked apple this once, as I have purchased apps and music on a couple of apple ids), so if the password for the me.com account is 'lost' you have to repurchase them.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #2919 on: December 26, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
Twitter. @BriCrozier.

Let's see how this plays out.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2920 on: December 27, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
Got an Apple TV for Christmas. In trying out the iPhone mirroring feature I noticed there was a bit of lag. My guess is this is at least partially due to our oldass Linksys router which I've had since wifi was invented. My question is - would the Apple Airport router give me better performance than a non-Apple router when it comes to stuff like Airplay and mirroring? Or would something like this (most popular router on Amazon) give me the same performance for $50 less?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2921 on: December 27, 2012, 09:12:11 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 27, 2012, 08:44:16 PM
Got an Apple TV for Christmas. In trying out the iPhone mirroring feature I noticed there was a bit of lag. My guess is this is at least partially due to our oldass Linksys router which I've had since wifi was invented. My question is - would the Apple Airport router give me better performance than a non-Apple router when it comes to stuff like Airplay and mirroring? Or would something like this (most popular router on Amazon) give me the same performance for $50 less?

Yes.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2922 on: December 27, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 27, 2012, 08:44:16 PM

Presuming that you're trying to get 5 GHz connectivity, the Linksys only supports 2.4 GHz. You're going to need an iPhone 5 in the first place, though. Otherwise, 802.11n is just 802.11n.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2923 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2924 on: January 03, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »