News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,553 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #2955 on: February 02, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 02, 2013, 07:03:37 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on February 02, 2013, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 31, 2013, 11:00:09 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 31, 2013, 08:18:27 PM
Are any of the resident accountants competent...

No.

OK, forget the Form 990s. Is it normal for the issuance of stock warrants to be booked as an expense?

Yes it is, to the extent the fair market value of the underlying stock exceeds the strike price (same treatment for options as well)

Thanks, Hawk. In this case, it's a penny stock, and the warrants that I can see have been issued in exchange for marketing services at right around where it trades normally (issued at a dime, trades around 2 to 15 cents). I'm kind of wondering whether the expense reported was actually tied to exercise of outstanding warrants. It seems to get pumped.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2956 on: February 03, 2013, 01:08:21 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 02, 2013, 07:16:55 PM
Quote from: thehawk on February 02, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

No.

OK, forget the Form 990s. Is it normal for the issuance of stock warrants to be booked as an expense?

Yes it is, to the extent the fair market value of the underlying stock exceeds the strike price (same treatment for options as well)

Thanks, Hawk. In this case, it's a penny stock, and the warrants that I can see have been issued in exchange for marketing services at right around where it trades normally (issued at a dime, trades around 2 to 15 cents). I'm kind of wondering whether the expense reported was actually tied to exercise of outstanding warrants. It seems to get pumped.

Sounds suspicious.  My guess is that they are treating them as fair market value and thus showing no earnings hit or tax expense to the recipient.  There should be a description in the notes to financials if available and if you can trust their auditor.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2957 on: February 03, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 02, 2013, 07:03:19 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 02, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

No.

I don't know about that, but check your alley: I left the box of clothes for you next to what I assume is the green dumpster for your building.  Looking south from your alley, its next to the dumpster closest to the playground.

Oh, this is great. When did you go from 36/32 to 34/34? And, if I may, what is that fragrance?

Yeah... I think the real question is: "What the hell were you doing in Chicago tonight and not hitting up Galway Bay?"
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2958 on: February 03, 2013, 03:00:00 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 03, 2013, 01:56:31 AM

No.

I don't know about that, but check your alley: I left the box of clothes for you next to what I assume is the green dumpster for your building.  Looking south from your alley, its next to the dumpster closest to the playground.

Oh, this is great. When did you go from 36/32 to 34/34? And, if I may, what is that fragrance?

Yeah... I think the real question is: "What the hell were you doing in Chicago tonight and not hitting up Galway Bay?"

I think I've already explained this in adequate detail. Did Gil show?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2959 on: February 03, 2013, 03:05:31 AM »

No.

I had to do taxes for my family and do some real estate work for my sister. All free for them. Lousy bums.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2960 on: February 03, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 03, 2013, 03:00:00 AM

I think I've already explained this in adequate detail. Did Gil show?

I guess I could have been more clear. I was talking to Gil, you stupid Wheezer.

Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 03, 2013, 03:05:31 AM
I had to do taxes for my family and do some real estate work for my sister. All free for them. Lousy bums.

Taxes on a Saturday night. That's the Gillest Gilplaint to ever something something Gil.

I'm really beginning to question your dedication to this random bunch of weirdos you know from the internet.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2961 on: February 04, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »

No.

THAT'S the question that you think needs to be asked here?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2962 on: March 15, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
The Frontier guys set up my router username and/or password different from the factory settings and different from the wireless network login.. Got any suggestions on how I can get around this and into the router? Comtrend Nexuslink 5631 is the product.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2963 on: March 15, 2013, 11:46:12 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 15, 2013, 11:11:00 PM
The Frontier guys set up my router username and/or password different from the factory settings and different from the wireless network login.. Got any suggestions on how I can get around this and into the router? Comtrend Nexuslink 5631 is the product.

Yeti, first of all state what you want to do in the router and what the problem is. You can reset it trivially, but you may reset everything.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2964 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »
Just to be clear, you are using "root" for the name and "12345" for the password? There's no reason for the technicians to change the password. You could do a hard reset of it which will change the un/pw to back to the factory settings. Hard reset will also reset everything else back to the factory settings which may be why Wheezer is asking what you're trying to accomplish. Since you don't know the login, I'm assuming you haven't made any changes that you're worried about reverting.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2965 on: March 16, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 16, 2013, 07:58:13 AM
Just to be clear, you are using "root" for the name and "12345" for the password? There's no reason for the technicians to change the password. You could do a hard reset of it which will change the un/pw to back to the factory settings. Hard reset will also reset everything else back to the factory settings which may be why Wheezer is asking what you're trying to accomplish. Since you don't know the login, I'm assuming you haven't made any changes that you're worried about reverting.

If they want to service it remotely and they don't want it exposed with the default, there's reason to change them. However, one might note that different models had different default credentials.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2966 on: March 16, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 16, 2013, 01:35:04 PM

If they want to service it remotely and they don't want it exposed with the default, there's reason to change them. However, one might note that different models had different default credentials.

That sounds (is?) incredibly intrusive. What type of service would an ISP need to be conducting at the router?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2967 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 16, 2013, 01:42:50 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on March 16, 2013, 01:35:04 PM

That sounds (is?) incredibly intrusive. What type of service would an ISP need to be conducting at the router?

My old ISP, Cyberonic, who quite literally didn't give a damn what I did with my static /29, had it set up that way. I don't think they ever so much as updated the firmware, but I can see a situation in which it's necessary to see if a user having trouble has managed to accomplish this on his or her own. I could also see going in and disabling a port if spammy SMTP traffic or worse is detected, for example. It also depends on what the arrangement is with the ISP; if you're not allowed to host certain services, disabling them is better than shutting down the service entirely. It might also be possible to run hardware diagnostics remotely; I'm not that familiar with the universe of DSL modems.

In my case, the old Speedstream simply had a recessed sort-of reset button that, if depressed for 15 seconds, would change the admin password back to the serial number for 15 minutes or so. Of course, you also had to telnet into the box, so this required having a plan in advance for what you were going to do.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2968 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
I'm starting to grow irritated that Yeti has not yet followed up on what he started.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2969 on: March 17, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 17, 2013, 05:57:57 PM
I'm starting to grow irritated that Yeti has not yet followed up on what he started.

He's too busy buying a new remote.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.