News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,017 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3015 on: July 01, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 01, 2013, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 01, 2013, 01:58:42 PM
Double posting from Facebook...

Anyone ever booked a Disneyland vacation? Looking for any pointers on who/where to book through.

Both real and snarky comments expected and appreciated.

I've spent a bit of time with the Mouse in Disneyworld (neven been to the left coast one).  Who/where you book through depends on what type of experience you want.  If you get a package through Disney, and stay 'on property' you'll pay somewhat bigger $$$, but you can find deals (particularly free food) if you time your booking, you may not need a car, and you get some breaks (like early opening or late closing on certain parks) that can really make the trip.

On the other hand, the most fun I had there in a while (and cheaper too) was renting a house in Celebration (which is just outside the park gates, and made trips to the park somewhat faster than relying on Disney buses) with a pool where we and my and Ms Hawk's extended families stayed.

JPen is pushing to stay in the park, thinking that it will make the overall experience better (and easier) with two young kids in tow (4 and 2.) 

The price diffrence is very, very significant. 

Trying to determine if it's worth essentially double the price for the benefit of being in the park, so we can come and go (for naps and general down time) and the lack of needing a car and overall ease of coming and going. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3016 on: July 01, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 01, 2013, 03:34:26 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 01, 2013, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 01, 2013, 01:58:42 PM
Double posting from Facebook...

Anyone ever booked a Disneyland vacation? Looking for any pointers on who/where to book through.

Both real and snarky comments expected and appreciated.

I've spent a bit of time with the Mouse in Disneyworld (neven been to the left coast one).  Who/where you book through depends on what type of experience you want.  If you get a package through Disney, and stay 'on property' you'll pay somewhat bigger $$$, but you can find deals (particularly free food) if you time your booking, you may not need a car, and you get some breaks (like early opening or late closing on certain parks) that can really make the trip.

On the other hand, the most fun I had there in a while (and cheaper too) was renting a house in Celebration (which is just outside the park gates, and made trips to the park somewhat faster than relying on Disney buses) with a pool where we and my and Ms Hawk's extended families stayed.

JPen is pushing to stay in the park, thinking that it will make the overall experience better (and easier) with two young kids in tow (4 and 2.) 

The price diffrence is very, very significant. 

Trying to determine if it's worth essentially double the price for the benefit of being in the park, so we can come and go (for naps and general down time) and the lack of needing a car and overall ease of coming and going. 

I don't have kids (you're welcome) nor have I been to Disneyland, so feel free to ignore my link: Drew Magary, who is big and a daddy, wants to weigh in.

Edited to highlight this part:

QuoteThe only way to make Disney World WORK is to stay at the park, have a crippled person with you to help you cut in line, and go off-season, on a Tuesday in Jancember (seriously, there IS no offseason).
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3017 on: July 01, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »

Haven't been to Disneyland, but I've been to the World (both as a kid and an adult [yeah, yeah, yeah]) and I think staying on-property is worth the price difference. It was worth it for us even without having kids in tow and I'd guess those benefits are even greater when you have kids with you. Plus, as Hawk mentioned, you can get some extra benefits and hours by staying on-property.

And your kids will probably also view the on-site hotel as an extension of the parks since they all tend to be properly Disney-fied, which would be fun for them.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3018 on: July 01, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 01, 2013, 03:46:08 PM

Haven't been to Disneyland, but I've been to the World (both as a kid and an adult [yeah, yeah, yeah]) and I think staying on-property is worth the price difference. It was worth it for us even without having kids in tow and I'd guess those benefits are even greater when you have kids with you. Plus, as Hawk mentioned, you can get some extra benefits and hours by staying on-property.

And your kids will probably also view the on-site hotel as an extension of the parks since they all tend to be properly Disney-fied, which would be fun for them.
I'll second, or third, or fourth this.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3019 on: July 01, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 01, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

Awesome, I'm going to spend $3K to go to Disneyland for 3 days.

Nice choice, Walt.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3020 on: July 02, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 01, 2013, 06:05:00 PM

Nice choice, Walt.

Where are you looking to stay on property?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3021 on: July 02, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
Since I am a Californian (I have lived here since 1949 and I still feel awkward calling myself a Californian) I have been to Disneyland numerous times, with and without children.  The only times that I have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel have been when the State Bar Association booked its convention there.  Usually we stay at any one of the very nice and less expensive hotels around the corner.  The Disneyland is more convenient because of the shuttle service but unless you have a problem walking ( if you do you have no business going to Disneyland) I see no advantage to staying onsite.  Disneyland is so kid friendly it is impossible to get into trouble there.  Our second trip there with the entire family of four boys was when my youngest was around 7 (he is now 43).  Because we were with a convention they had name tags that permitted them to go wherever they wanted to go.  I was in meetings all day at the hotel and joined him in the late afternoon when I learned that all of the ride attendants knew him by sight, called him by his first name, and that he had been alone and completely independent of his teen aged brothers and safe all day.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3022 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 02, 2013, 12:19:39 PM

Nice choice, Walt.

Probably somewhere with vegan linens.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3023 on: July 02, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 02, 2013, 04:17:12 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 02, 2013, 12:19:39 PM

Nice choice, Walt.

Probably somewhere with vegan linens.

Probably the Disneyland Hotel, though any of the 3 are possibilities, since I don't really have much information.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3024 on: July 08, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
Anyone have success with a temporary work agency in extreme southern California?  Need about a month of work.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3025 on: July 09, 2013, 01:22:52 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 08, 2013, 08:00:11 PM
Anyone have success with a temporary work agency in extreme southern California?  Need about a month of work.

Here's the best I remember from when I lived there.

In all seriousness, we used these guys in our office when we needed temporary assistance during my time out there. http://teamone.la/
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3026 on: July 09, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 09, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

In all seriousness, we used these guys in our office when we needed temporary assistance during my time out there. http://teamone.la/

As Field Agents?  No pun intended.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3027 on: July 09, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 09, 2013, 08:44:12 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 09, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

As Field Agents?  No pun intended.

Ha. No, as general assistance in the office, clericals, etc.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3028 on: July 10, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
I'm moving to Norway in mid-August.

Here's where YOU come in.

I have a 2002 Blazer. It's got some damage on the body, nothing you wouldn't see on a car that's been street parked for almost 10 years. That said it's also only got about 63k miles on it. Runs perfectly.

Bluebook says it's worth almost six grand.

Can anyone tell me the best way to sell this thing for the best money? Or the best way to sell it for a decent amount of money and least amount of hassle? I don't want to have to pony up for a new city sticker so I'll need to act quickly.

Figure I'll have to get it detailed.

Thanks!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3029 on: July 10, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2013, 08:58:46 AM
I'm moving to Norway in mid-August.

Here's where YOU come in.

I have a 2002 Blazer. It's got some damage on the body, nothing you wouldn't see on a car that's been street parked for almost 10 years. That said it's also only got about 63k miles on it. Runs perfectly.

Bluebook says it's worth almost six grand.

Can anyone tell me the best way to sell this thing for the best money? Or the best way to sell it for a decent amount of money and least amount of hassle? I don't want to have to pony up for a new city sticker so I'll need to act quickly.

Figure I'll have to get it detailed.

Thanks!

Either CarMax or Craigslist. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.