News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,589 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3120 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2013, 11:42:00 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 22, 2013, 11:39:44 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2013, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2013, 11:30:24 AM
Another quick question about selling a car:

I have the title and registration but the title is in my dad's name.

If I were to sell this privately would the exchange of title and car for cash be enough? Is there anything else I would have to do?

Again the question pertains to a private sale - not trade-in with a dealership. Thanks.

Can't he just sign over the title? I think there's a spot on the back to that, pretty sure it's easy and will help down the road. 

Granted, you probably don't NEED to do it if you're selling private, but might make things a little easier for the buyer.

I believe you've got to run the the title transfer through the sec of states office.

http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/title-transfers.php

Looks like I just need to have it signed and the buyer would then complete the SOS.

This is correct. I did a private sale earlier this year.  It's up to the buyer to get the new title done - all you do is sign yours over.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3121 on: July 22, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 22, 2013, 11:46:52 AM

If I were to sell this privately would the exchange of title and car for cash be enough? Is there anything else I would have to do?

Again the question pertains to a private sale - not trade-in with a dealership. Thanks.

Can't he just sign over the title? I think there's a spot on the back to that, pretty sure it's easy and will help down the road. 

Granted, you probably don't NEED to do it if you're selling private, but might make things a little easier for the buyer.

I believe you've got to run the the title transfer through the sec of states office.

Looks like I just need to have it signed and the buyer would then complete the SOS.

This is correct. I did a private sale earlier this year.  It's up to the buyer to get the new title done - all you do is sign yours over.

Fucking awesome. Thank you, Only Site.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3122 on: July 22, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 22, 2013, 11:46:52 AM

Post preserved for when there's an APB out on the Rustang.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3123 on: July 24, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
Alright, so here we go again.  Looks like I'm moving to downtown San Francisco.  This place was recommended to me, and it looks perfect for what I'm looking for, but it's probably just a little too steep at $1500/mo.  I'd like $1000/mo, but in that area.  I'll go back to Padmapper for a search, but if anyone has specific suggestions I'd appreciate it.  It's no Norway, but it'll do.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3124 on: July 24, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2013, 01:33:22 PM
Alright, so here we go again.  Looks like I'm moving to downtown San Francisco.  This place was recommended to me, and it looks perfect for what I'm looking for, but it's probably just a little too steep at $1500/mo.  I'd like $1000/mo, but in that area.  I'll go back to Padmapper for a search, but if anyone has specific suggestions I'd appreciate it.  It's no Norway, but it'll do.

I've got a bunch of people who live in SF - what specifically are you looking for? Meaning, how much flexibility is there in terms of neighborhood? 

Just give me some specifics and I'll see what I can find out.

Are you set at $1000/mo in that area or is there flexibility? 

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3125 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
The 200 block on Golden Gate is in the Tenderloin District.  Not the neighborhood that you want to be walking around at night.  Or during the daytime either.  If you can afford a loft you should be looking more in the South of Market area.  Nearer to ATT Park. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3126 on: July 24, 2013, 02:00:10 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 24, 2013, 01:56:11 PM
The 200 block on Golden Gate is in the Tenderloin District.  Not the neighborhood that you want to be walking around at night.  Or during the daytime either.  If you can afford a loft you should be looking more in the South of Market area.  Nearer to ATT Park. 

What about during the day, across the beach, in a $4000 Brooks Brothers suit and $500 Cole Haan shoes? 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3127 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »
The 200 block on Golden Gate is in the Tenderloin District.  Not the neighborhood that you want to be walking around at night.  Or during the daytime either.  If you can afford a loft you should be looking more in the South of Market area.  Nearer to ATT Park.  

I'm trying to stay within walking distance of UC Hastings.  

Quote from: PenFoe on July 24, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Alright, so here we go again.  Looks like I'm moving to downtown San Francisco.  This place was recommended to me, and it looks perfect for what I'm looking for, but it's probably just a little too steep at $1500/mo.  I'd like $1000/mo, but in that area.  I'll go back to Padmapper for a search, but if anyone has specific suggestions I'd appreciate it.  It's no Norway, but it'll do.

I've got a bunch of people who live in SF - what specifically are you looking for? Meaning, how much flexibility is there in terms of neighborhood?  

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.  That's what I considered a short walk.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3128 on: July 24, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2013, 02:14:56 PM

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.

Here's what I've got...

Quote from: Pen's Friend
He should definitely look for a place in Nob Hill (where I live!). He's totally be able to find a place for $1k in the Tenderloin, but it's just really sketchy down there.
So I'd recommend Nob Hill or Soma (south of market); both of those places would be walking distance from UC Hastings!
Or, the Mission, too!

Happy to go back to her with more questions if you've got, just let me know.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3129 on: July 24, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 24, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.

Here's what I've got...

He should definitely look for a place in Nob Hill (where I live!). He's totally be able to find a place for $1k in the Tenderloin, but it's just really sketchy down there.
So I'd recommend Nob Hill or Soma (south of market); both of those places would be walking distance from UC Hastings!
Or, the Mission, too!

Thanks, Pen.  How much more for parking, if she knows?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3130 on: July 24, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2013, 02:27:28 PM
The 200 block on Golden Gate is in the Tenderloin District.  Not the neighborhood that you want to be walking around at night.  Or during the daytime either.  If you can afford a loft you should be looking more in the South of Market area.  Nearer to ATT Park.  

Alright, so here we go again.  Looks like I'm moving to downtown San Francisco.  This place was recommended to me, and it looks perfect for what I'm looking for, but it's probably just a little too steep at $1500/mo.  I'd like $1000/mo, but in that area.  I'll go back to Padmapper for a search, but if anyone has specific suggestions I'd appreciate it.  It's no Norway, but it'll do.

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.

Here's what I've got...

Or, the Mission, too!

Thanks, Pen.  How much more for parking, if she knows?

Oh - good question! So some places come with parking (but most don't). We park our car on the street... but you can get a spot in garages which is typically very expensive (welcome to SF...). Like $300/month.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3131 on: July 24, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.  That's what I considered a short walk.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.

So you'd walk an hour to work, work 8 hours (or whatever gomos work in San Fran), walk an hour home, then if a family member was spending the night, sleep in the same room as them?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3132 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 24, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

So you'd walk an hour to work, work 8 hours (or whatever gomos work in San Fran), walk an hour home, then if a family member was spending the night, sleep in the same room as them?

I think he means that they'd be forced to stay in a hotel, smart guy.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3133 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 24, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

I'm guessing one bedroom = guests sleep in the living room.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3134 on: July 24, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 24, 2013, 03:10:48 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2013, 02:27:28 PM

Flexible, I'd just like to be able to walk to UC Hastings in a reasonable amount of time.  What's reasonable to me is probably unreasonable to most -- when I lived in Santa Barbara I routinely walked an hour each way because I didn't have a car.  (For those who know Santa Barbara, I would walk from the 90º curve at the top of Milpas all the way down to State Street.)  If that's not possible, I have a bike to extend the range.  I have a fairly nice car that should probably be parked in a safe place.  I'd prefer a one-bedroom because family members and friends like to visit me in Brokeland and I hate hearing their snores.  I'd really like to stay close to $1000, but I can probably peak at $1500 for the right place.

Here's what I've got...

Or, the Mission, too!

Thanks, Pen.  How much more for parking, if she knows?

Oh - good question! So some places come with parking (but most don't). We park our car on the street... but you can get a spot in garages which is typically very expensive (welcome to SF...). Like $300/month.

He can park for free on some streets in Oakland and take BART over to SF putting him two blocks from Hastings.  On some days his car may even be there when he returns, but no guarantees.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)