News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,593 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3165 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 03, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
Quote from: Brownie on September 03, 2013, 12:19:14 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 03, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 03, 2013, 10:15:13 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 02, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
Why not avail myself of the Only Site's wisdom once more.  Do any of you have a pilot's license?
I have 1.5 hours accrued towards a license. Only 38.5 to go. What do you need?

Following in the steps of this man, Chuck?

Elaine : We have a visitor. . .
Oever : Hello.
Murdock : Hi!
Elaine : This is Captain Oever, Mr Murdock and Mr Basta. This is Allen Soriano. . .
Oever : Well hi Allen.
Murdock : Come on up here, you can see better.
Oever : We have something here for our special visitors ( takes out a model airplane for Allen ), would you like to have it?
Allen : Thank youuuuuuu! Thanks alot!
Oever : Sure. You ever been in a cockpit before?
Allen : No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Oever : You ever . . . seen a grown man naked ?
Murdock : Do you want me to check the weather Clarence?
Oever : No, why don't you take care of it. Allen, did ya ever hang around a gymnasium?
Elaine : We'd better get back now Allen!
Oever : Noooooooo, Allen can stay here for a while if he'd like.
Allen : Could I?
Elaine : Okay, if you don't get in the way.
Murdock : Flight 2-0-9er to Denver radio, climbing to cruise at 42,000. Will report again over Lincoln. Over and out.
Allen : Wait a minute! I know you. You're Chuck Gitles. You write for a blog called Ivy Chat.
Murdock : I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Allen : You are Chuck! I've read your blog. My dad reads it everyday.
Murdock : I think you should go back to your seat now Allen. Right Clarence?
Oever : Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Murdock : But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Allen : I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't know about baseball, and that you are unreasonably hard on him. And he says lots of times, you don't post anything.  And that you ripped off that dead parrot thing from Yellon. And that you don't really try ... except during the playoffs.
Murdock : The hell I don't!! ( grabs joey by collar ) LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at Maple Junior High. I'm out there busting my buns every night thinkinbg of Cubs things to be wrong about. Tell your old man to write some intelligent wrong analysis about the Cubs everyday these days.
Oever : Allen, do you like movies about gladiators?

[slow clap]

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3166 on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
Why not avail myself of the Only Site's wisdom once more.  Do any of you have a pilot's license?

Elaine : This is Captain Oever, Mr Murdock and Mr Basta. This is Allen Soriano. . .
Oever : We have something here for our special visitors ( takes out a model airplane for Allen ), would you like to have it?
Oever : No, why don't you take care of it. Allen, did ya ever hang around a gymnasium?
Murdock : Flight 2-0-9er to Denver radio, climbing to cruise at 42,000. Will report again over Lincoln. Over and out.
Allen : Wait a minute! I know you. You're Chuck Gitles. You write for a blog called Ivy Chat.
Murdock : I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Allen : I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't know about baseball, and that you are unreasonably hard on him. And he says lots of times, you don't post anything.  And that you ripped off that dead parrot thing from Yellon. And that you don't really try ... except during the playoffs.
Murdock : The hell I don't!! ( grabs joey by collar ) LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at Maple Junior High. I'm out there busting my buns every night thinkinbg of Cubs things to be wrong about. Tell your old man to write some intelligent wrong analysis about the Cubs everyday these days.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3167 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 03, 2013, 03:46:37 PM

I timed it.  These folks are clapping once every 16 seconds.  That is slow.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3168 on: September 03, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »

Didn't I read this in Bleed Cubbie Blue three weeks from now?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3169 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
So if anyone is looking for sunday ticket at a huge discount, you can order madden limited edition from amazon and you get a free email/password for the app. I just installed it, new to 2013, you can stream sunday ticket from your ipad to apple tv this year (you couldn't before).  Friend was buying the game already, so i gave him $40 to get the limited edition, I didn't want the game. For those of you that live outside chicago and want bears games (think sunday ticket might blackout the games in chicago), this is a pretty good option.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3170 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 04, 2013, 02:11:49 PM
So if anyone is looking for sunday ticket at a huge discount, you can order madden limited edition from amazon and you get a free email/password for the app. I just installed it, new to 2013, you can stream sunday ticket from your ipad to apple tv this year (you couldn't before).  Friend was buying the game already, so i gave him $40 to get the limited edition, I didn't want the game. For those of you that live outside chicago and want bears games (think sunday ticket might blackout the games in chicago), this is a pretty good option.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3171 on: September 04, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »

I've set up a proxy and still have my account with DirecTV because of the renters. So I'm thinking if I buy this version of Madden I can stream the NFL on all my stuff that has the proxy set up instead of looking for crappy streams.

Yes?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3172 on: September 04, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 04, 2013, 03:20:37 PM
So if anyone is looking for sunday ticket at a huge discount, you can order madden limited edition from amazon and you get a free email/password for the app. I just installed it, new to 2013, you can stream sunday ticket from your ipad to apple tv this year (you couldn't before).  Friend was buying the game already, so i gave him $40 to get the limited edition, I didn't want the game. For those of you that live outside chicago and want bears games (think sunday ticket might blackout the games in chicago), this is a pretty good option.

I've set up a proxy and still have my account with DirecTV because of the renters. So I'm thinking if I buy this version of Madden I can stream the NFL on all my stuff that has the proxy set up instead of looking for crappy streams.

Yes?

I get an irrational amount of pleasure out of locating crappy streams of games the man doesn't want me to watch. I have actual cable for the first time in years at my new place. I thought it was going to be nice having all this new shit in HD but I don't have any more than I had before, I just don't have to work as hard to get it. I feel lazier and fatter than I did before.

If you're going to play that Madden game, then booyahkasha, otherwise... dude...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3173 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »

Yes?

Think so yes. I'm surprised sunday ticket is only US, they must use the ip address to determine where the requests are coming from?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3174 on: September 04, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 04, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Yes?

Think so yes. I'm surprised sunday ticket is only US, they must use the ip address to determine where the requests are coming from?

Since DirecTV is only US I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply to Sunday Ticket.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3175 on: September 04, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

I assumed that you need DirecTV in order for the subscription to work. Is that not the case?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3176 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:08 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 04, 2013, 05:05:45 PM
Quote from: BH on September 04, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Yes?

Since DirecTV is only US I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply to Sunday Ticket.

The best part of what i'm doing is that i don't have direct tv... I can log into direct tv with the email/code they gave me (via the madden purchase) from anywhere without being a direct tv subscriber. I'd think it would work anywhere you have internet access.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3177 on: September 11, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 04, 2013, 09:32:27 PM

I assumed that you need DirecTV in order for the subscription to work. Is that not the case?

Actually, from what I've read, you're only supposed to get the online version of Sunday Ticket if you cannot get DirectTV (and you have to check off some electronic box to that effect when you subscribe).  Thing is, the powers that be cannot tell if you can obtain DirectTV or not (you could live in an apartment where you cant put a dish on the roof for example), so its kind of the honor system on that.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3178 on: September 12, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 11, 2013, 04:44:28 PM

Actually, from what I've read, you're only supposed to get the online version of Sunday Ticket if you cannot get DirectTV (and you have to check off some electronic box to that effect when you subscribe).  Thing is, the powers that be cannot tell if you can obtain DirectTV or not (you could live in an apartment where you cant put a dish on the roof for example), so its kind of the honor system on that.

For the madden deal, you aren't asked about any of that... you just get an email/password.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3179 on: September 12, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 12, 2013, 07:52:46 AM
Quote from: thehawk on September 11, 2013, 04:44:28 PM

For the madden deal, you aren't asked about any of that... you just get an email/password.

Yeah, I wasnt clear.  TL;DR answer is you dont need DTV:

http://kotaku.com/the-cheapest-way-to-watch-the-nfl-this-year-1041559197

QuoteEA Sports went in on this with DirecTV and Amazon back in May, and so Amazon is the only place where the anniversary edition is available. Supposedly the offer is limited to 100,000 copies, but it hasn't sold out yet and 100K should be more than enough to keep selling through to the game's launch on Aug. 27. P

Yes, the offer that says the code is intended for folks who don't have access to DirecTV in their area. This is throwaway language mandated by lawyers who read contracts for the league and its network partners. There is no way for DirecTV to tell if you legitimately can access your service if you tell it you can't (which you will be asked to do when you redeem this code.)