News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,306 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #3240 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 05, 2014, 01:36:00 PM
Seems like a relative wash, unless I'm missing something.

I think it being a wash is kind of the entire point.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3241 on: February 05, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 05, 2014, 01:55:57 PM
I'm guessing you don't spend much time in the Bay Area, so I'm sorry if this is useless, but, my friend who has T-Mobile had absolutely horrible service when she was here. She kept borrowing my AT&T iPhone to look things up. That's all I've got. Hope your area is better.

Chicago's fine. If you're rural or suburban that might not be the case. Like I said - AT&T's actual phone service was never the issue for me. It was always good.

Oh, and TMobile offers free international data as well which is cool since I have to go to other countries at least once a year.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3242 on: February 05, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 05, 2014, 02:04:51 PM
I'm guessing you don't spend much time in the Bay Area, so I'm sorry if this is useless, but, my friend who has T-Mobile had absolutely horrible service when she was here. She kept borrowing my AT&T iPhone to look things up. That's all I've got. Hope your area is better.

Chicago's fine. If you're rural or suburban that might not be the case. Like I said - AT&T's actual phone service was never the issue for me. It was always good.

Oh, and TMobile offers free international data as well which is cool since I have to go to other countries get deported from other countries at least once a year.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3243 on: February 05, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

Oh, and TMobile offers free international data as well which is cool since I have to go to other countries at least once a year.

For what it's worth, T-Mobile also doesn't work at Lake Point Tower, so no visiting Oprah B.J. Armstrong for you.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3244 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 05, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

For what it's worth, T-Mobile also doesn't work at Lake Point Tower, so no visiting laying a brown memorial wreath at Oprah B.J. Armstrong Jimmy Damon's eternal flame for you.

Good night, sweet prince'd

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3245 on: February 05, 2014, 06:20:25 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 05, 2014, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on February 05, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

For what it's worth, T-Mobile also doesn't work at Lake Point Tower, so no visiting laying a brown memorial wreath at Oprah B.J. Armstrong Jimmy Damon's eternal flame for you.

Good night, sweet prince'd

You get a kudos.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3246 on: February 14, 2014, 06:23:56 AM »
EDIT: Figured it out.  I use a semi-colon as a separator (in much of continental Europe, the comma is used as a decimal point).  When you look at the formula I'm editing, it contains semi-colons both pre- and post-replace.  If you do the replace manually, you specify semi-colons.

But for a VBA replace, you have to use a comma.  Weird.

Calling all Excel/VBA ninjas,

I have a problem with using replace functionality within an Excel macro. I have recorded myself making a replacement within a range, and the code looks like this:

' DisposalProfit Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+D
'
   Application.Run "PERSONAL.XLSB!Unprotect"
   Sheets("Asset FC").Select
   Rows("31:31").Select
   Selection.Replace What:="30);0)", Replacement:="$30);0)", LookAt:=xlPart _
       , SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
       ReplaceFormat:=False
   Range("F31:ZZ31").Select
   Selection.Copy
   Range("G32").Select
   Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
       SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
   Range("G33").Select
   Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
       SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
   Application.CutCopyMode = False
   Application.Run "PERSONAL.XLSB!Protect"
End Sub

It should select the formulae in one row, make the references in those formulae (partially) absolute, and then copy all the formulas from column F onwards in that row down into the two rows below it.  The nested macros at either end of this one simply unprotect and protect the sheets.  When I run it, it does absolutely everything in the macro except the replace.  If I step through the macro using F8, it does every step absolutely fine, except the replace. It runs through that line... it just doesn't do anything.

In short, the formula in row 31 should refer to the value in row 30, and so should the formulae in row 32 and 33.  To do that, I'm making the row number ("30") in the formula in row 31 absolute, and copying it down.  Except that it doesn't put the $ before the "30" in the formula in row 31 (i.e. it doesn't do the replace).

To avoid confusion, this is an example of the complete formula in row 31 on which I am endeavouring to perform the replace:

=ROUND(IF(F25=0;0;+F30);0)

... and this is what I want to see after the replace:

=ROUND(IF(F25=0;0;+F$30);0)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the logic, here.  I think the problem is with my syntax, or (God forbid) my local settings.  Any ideas?  Because this is doing my head in.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3247 on: February 14, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 14, 2014, 06:23:56 AM
EDIT: Figured it out.  I use a semi-colon as a separator (in much of continental Europe, the comma is used as a decimal point).  When you look at the formula I'm editing, it contains semi-colons both pre- and post-replace.  If you do the replace manually, you specify semi-colons.

But for a VBA replace, you have to use a comma.  Weird.

Serves you right for insisting on being Eurotrash.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3248 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
How do I filter words or phrases out of my Twitter timeline? I use twitter.com on my computer and the Twitter app on my iphone. Guessing I may need to change that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3249 on: February 18, 2014, 09:43:10 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 18, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
How do I filter words or phrases out of my Twitter timeline? I use twitter.com on my computer and the Twitter app on my iphone. Guessing I may need to change that.

Tweetbot has a good mute filter if you're an iPhone/Mac person.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3250 on: February 19, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »

Serious question - what are you trying to filter?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3251 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 19, 2014, 01:41:13 PM

Holidays Road.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3252 on: February 19, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »

True Detective talk. Looking forward to watching it but probably won't for a while.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3253 on: February 19, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 19, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

True Detective talk. Looking forward to watching it but probably won't for a while.

Waiting for someone to renew their HBO so you can steal their HBO Go login credentials?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3254 on: February 19, 2014, 03:42:40 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 19, 2014, 01:54:19 PM

Holidays Road.

Here you go...

var tweets = document.getElementsByClassName('tweet');
for (var i = 0; i < tweets.length; ++i) {
    var tweet = tweets[i],
        content = tweet.getElementsByClassName('tweet-text')[0].innerHTML;
    if(/holiday[ _\-\+]?ro([\-o]|oa)*ad/i.test(content)) {
        tweet.style.display = 'none';
    }
}

Won't work in IE8 or earlier.

In handy bookmarklet form:

javascript:(function(){var%20tweets=document.getElementsByClassName('tweet');for(var%20i=0;i<tweets.length;++i){var%20tweet=tweets[i],content=tweet.getElementsByClassName('tweet-text')[0].innerHTML;if(/holiday[%20_\-\+]?ro([\-o]|oa)*ad/i.test(content)){tweet.style.display='none';}}})();

Just create a new bookmark in your bookmarks bar and paste the above into the location/URL field.

As a bookmarklet, it's not going to prevent Holiday Road tweets from showing up in the first place, but it should allow you hide them all with a single click when they do appear.